Shock sensor Installed!!! (no pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 04:17 PM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shock sensor Installed!!! (no pics)

Woohoo!

Installed in under 45 minutes..without cutting/splicing ANY wires!

Anyone can do this and shit, it works so well

The only thing that was difficult was the mounting place for the shock sensor. Since this was a dual stage shock sensor, I opted to go with the pre-warn wire install since it was much more sensitve than the actual alarm set-off.

Mounted on the chassis of the car...so if you kick the tires, it'll go off, if you hit the glass, it'll go off and if you slap the body panels (roof, sides, rear, etc.), it'll whale off.

When you ROCK the car sideways or up/down, it won't go off...(imagine when there's a heavy wind storm, etc..). It's intelligent enough to distinguish between real and fake.

Overall, I'm pleased with the results. Another peace of mind for only $14. Shit, this one includes the glass breakage sensor (glass mic) also.

The only major sensor I wanted to install also was a "tilt sensor"..so they won't jack the wheels.

Thanks to Nova/SilverKnight for the pix and the docs! This site is great cause I installed from the help of fellow CL members!

Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2001, 04:32 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
sweet.

ya know i was looking through crutchfield this morning... and found this...

Crime Stopper CM3000SF Pager
Add-on FM Pager with Color LCD Display

Keep tabs on your vehicle! As much security as an alarm provides, if you're not around to hear it (or can't hear it on a busy street), thieves might still be able to do some damage.

CrimeStopper's CM3000SF FM alarm pager is a great way to get some extra peace of mind. The system works either with an existing alarm system, or as a stand-alone vehicle monitor. It guards up to six zones, including the hood, trunk, door, ignition, and two-stage sensors (optional).

When one of the zones is triggered, the system sends a signal through its antenna to the pager that you carry with you. The antenna mounts on your vehicle's window using double-sided tape on its base (the system is not compatible with add-on antennas or factory antenna connections).

When the pager receives the signal that a zone has been triggered, it gives either an audible or silent (vibrating) alert. The color LCD features an image of the vehicle, and will indicate visually which zone was set off. (Since range is affected by so many different parameters, it can't be predicted accurately for any particular situation.)

The pager has a range indicator (that lets you know when you're within system range), a low-battery indicator, a clock, and a timer (which can be used as a personal wake-up timer, or to remind you of important events). It also comes with both a belt clip and a coiled clip cord, which attaches to a belt loop or purse strap, and prevents the pager from hitting the ground should it fall.

Important Note: If you've installed car stereos before or know how to use a multimeter, you should be able to install this car security equipment. If you've had little experience installing electronic equipment, please call 1-888-955-6000 to discuss your purchase with one of our trained salespeople.

Key Features:
requires one "AAA" battery (not included)
audible or vibrating alert
six-zone coverage: hood, trunk, door, ignition, single-stage or dual-stage sensor (pre-warn, full alert)
dimensions: 1-3/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 13/16"D (pager); 4-5/8"W x 2-7/8"H x 1-1/4"D (control module)
It is cool as fuck...

And couldnt we use it in place of a normal shock sensor?

Seems as though we could most the functionality of a CompuStar alarm for $130.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:37 PM
6SPDCLS

whoa! Sounds amazing...I'm checkin' it out now. Since the install didn't require any cutting of wires, I can yank that bitch ass dual stage sensor/glass mic sensor anytime..and replace it with something else.

But the thing is that after getting this pager system, I don't think I'll be able to live a normal life...cause "it's better to not know your alarm is going off than actually getting paged when it does go off"...I don't think I can handle the trauma every time the damn thing goes off cause some old hag bumped into my car when she was walking by..

Originally posted by soopa
sweet.

ya know i was looking through crutchfield this morning... and found this...

It is cool as fuck...

And couldnt we use it in place of a normal shock sensor?

Seems as though we could most the functionality of a CompuStar alarm for $130.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:52 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Shock sensor Installed!!! (no pics)

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS

..without cutting/splicing ANY wires!...

How the hell did you do it? Is it an independence shock sensor?
Old 10-26-2001, 05:02 PM
6SPDCLS

Re: Re: Shock sensor Installed!!! (no pics)

Shiet...got too excited...I mean it was easier than gettin' laid..

I used some vampire wire taps instead...and it was major easy...with you and Nova's help

Originally posted by SilverKnight

How the hell did you do it? Is it an independence shock sensor?
Old 10-26-2001, 05:08 PM
Instructor

I got mine in also with Nova and SilverKnights help. Had an audio place do install and gave them instructions from Nova and SilverKnight. It is mounted on top of wires. When it was velcroed
onto wall of car did not work half the time and does now on top of wires.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:12 PM
6SPDCLS

It depends on the model sensor. Mine stated not to install on dangling wires, dash mounted...it states it is to be mounted on the chassis of the vehicle.

I tried the dangling wire install..and it works just fine..just that when you kick the tires or stomp on the car, the sensor doesn't register those attacks. Try to kick your tires..if it sets off the alarm, then it's legit

Originally posted by Ahoooo
I got mine in also with Nova and SilverKnights help. Had an audio place do install and gave them instructions from Nova and SilverKnight. It is mounted on top of wires. When it was velcroed
onto wall of car did not work half the time and does now on top of wires.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:16 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
It depends on the model sensor. Mine stated not to install on dangling wires, dash mounted...it states it is to be mounted on the chassis of the vehicle.

I tried the dangling wire install..and it works just fine..just that when you kick the tires or stomp on the car, the sensor doesn't register those attacks. Try to kick your tires..if it sets off the alarm, then it's legit

I had mine set at max and mounted on top of the wires. It was so sensitive that dump trucks could set it off 20ft away. I kept getting page for it. So now it's set at around the mid. So far no page.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

which sensor did you buy, and where did you get it from?