Shock sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Shock sensor

I want to add a shock sensor to my factory Alarm, basicly want to make my stock alarm beep when someone touches my car.
I know that I can order shock sensor from crutchfield(WHICH MODEL ?!), but I dont know anything about car electronics, plus i dont have any tools, so I dont want to hook it up myself, I want to have professional installation, to make sure nothing is messed up.
I went to several places that install car alarms, and those bastards where like "no, we dont install individual shock sensor, u have to buy entire alarm system" fuk that, i just want a shock sensor connected to my stock alarm.
What should I do, do you know any places that will do good job at installation?
Can I ask my Acura dealer to install it for me?

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: russianDude ]
Old 08-05-2001, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i got the Ungo motion & shock sensor (1 module w/ both functions) from crutchfield for $40.

if you look around the web (i think cartoys.com is a good site; click on "accessories" and then click on "security accessories".), you can find shock sensors for a lot cheaper than what i paid.

as for the installation, i think alarm shops don't want responsibility over any oem warranty issues...if they mess up an aftermarket they are installing, they are protected because they aren't modifying any oem parts. the best bet is to do it yourself or find someone you know that has experience wtih car stereo and alarms and stuff. and i doubt most acura dealers would do it.
Old 08-05-2001, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

It's pretty sad that its so hard to extend our stock alarm, those alarm shops force you to buy the entire alarm and use their remote controls. I want to keep my acura keyless entry unit
Old 08-05-2001, 04:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go do a search for silverknight's shock sensor template.

search word : template.

And then order the part from autotoys. the dual stage sensor works pretty well (7.95) since it ignores the first stage and then sets it off on hard impact on the 2nd stage. of course it has an adjustable knob for changing the sensivitiy and 2 leds showing when each sensor is tripped so when you test it out it makes it very easy. It should take about 1 hour max to do.
Old 08-05-2001, 05:55 PM
Suzuka Master

That procedure is to complicated for me, and with my "luck", I will most likely break something and then end up paying hundreds dolors to fix it
there should be some technichans which do installations like that
Old 08-05-2001, 06:01 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by russianDude:
<STRONG>That procedure is to complicated for me, and with my "luck", I will most likely break something and then end up paying hundreds dolors to fix it
there should be some technichans which do installations like that</STRONG>
I would do it for you. Bring it over
Old 08-05-2001, 06:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverKnight:
<STRONG>

I would do it for you. Bring it over </STRONG>
New Jersey is a 'little' to far from TX
Otherwise I would pay you like 50 buks for the labor, I am serious.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
you should put a location in your profile so if there are people around your area they can help you out.

i am tentatively scheduled to go home from ks in 2 weeks for a vacation (when i will install may sensor and pager), and then i'm back here for another month probably, and then I may be sent out to san antonio towards the end of september. if you are in that area, i can help you out then. if not, then i say find a friend that is into car stereos and isn't afraid of wiring stuff.
Old 08-05-2001, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by russianDude:
<STRONG>

New Jersey is a 'little' to far from TX
Otherwise I would pay you like 50 buks for the labor, I am serious.</STRONG>
Hey really man. Im not that technically inclined either but all thats involved is unplugging some prongs (dont' worry they only fit in 1 place so you can't mix them up) and then tapping 1 wire. your crazy to pay someone 50 bucks. if you were in VA i'd do it for 20 or if you just buy me lunch.

Try it first man really its not that hard. and if you have problems call me or silverknight. I called silver knight and he helped me out no problem. after its done looks like a piece of cake job.

703-980-2378 .
Joe
Old 08-05-2001, 07:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Ok, thanks guys, I will definatly try it myself and then if I have problem I will ask some of you. Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:18 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
<STRONG>

Hey really man. Im not that technically inclined either but all thats involved is unplugging some prongs (dont' worry they only fit in 1 place so you can't mix them up) and then tapping 1 wire. your crazy to pay someone 50 bucks. if you were in VA i'd do it for 20 or if you just buy me lunch.

Try it first man really its not that hard. and if you have problems call me or silverknight. I called silver knight and he helped me out no problem. after its done looks like a piece of cake job.

703-980-2378 .
Joe</STRONG>
Dont call me. I dont speak Russian j/k ... Give it a try ... the hardest part is getting to the harness which is not involve with anything you could break ... just read the template carefully (dont criticize my writing) and print it out with a color printer. If you still get stuck, call Joe ... I think he's mastered it now. Good luck, dude.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverKnight:
<STRONG>

Dont call me. I dont speak Russian j/k ... Give it a try ... the hardest part is getting to the harness which is not involve with anything you could break ... just read the template carefully (dont criticize my writing) and print it out with a color printer. If you still get stuck, call Joe ... I think he's mastered it now. Good luck, dude.</STRONG>

Question I got, where do I mount the unit? I guess I need to buy a small one to make it fit in the fuse box?? Where did you fit yours?
Do I need to screw it tight?
Thankx

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: russianDude ]