saying goodbye to the CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
saying goodbye to the CL-S

the CL-S is going back to the dealership in a week or 2, depends on when it all gets fixed. pretty much i don't wanna deal with this car anymore. Navi has been replaced 3 times and still doesn't work, rotors and pads replaced 3 times, engine is being replaced(as i write this) clutch was replaced 10,000 miles ago because it was chattering, radio was replaced cause it just died, the fan blower was replaced because a rib in the cage cracked. There are other little things, just can't think of them yet. All this was done under warranty, so i paid nothing, but i'm sick of driving 30 miles to get to my dealer every other week for a problem. The car is great and i loved it, but it's been too much of a hassle for me

so the dealership said they will take back the car, give me what it's worth and i'll be getting a 05 TL, still not sure what color i'm getting. all i know is it's coming with Navi
Old 01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you're wasting your time on another acura product. the new one will be just as crappy as the CL. you're better off looking at an accord if you want to stay w/ honda. why you'd want to i have no idea. there are much better cars available than these cheap acuras. don't waste any more money on an unreputable manufacturer.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM

i don't like the look of the accord which is why i'm going towards the TL
Old 01-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm suprised your car isn't a lemon yet.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

i think you're wasting your time on another acura product. the new one will be just as crappy as the CL. you're better off looking at an accord if you want to stay w/ honda.
why you'd want to i have no idea
. there are much better cars available than these cheap acuras. don't waste any more money on an unreputable manufacturer.
Is this so? maybe he just got screwed and happened to receive a lemon? Please name another manufacturer other then Lexus (Toyota) that has higher rating in reliablity then Honda (Acura). In fact, even pricey higher scale luxury cars have no comparison in reliability to Honda's products. So to answer your question "why you'd want to i have no idea". First , good realbilty among other competing manufactuers. Second, relatively low maintance cost to other competing manufactors. Third, a pratical and fairley decent design. Answer your Question?
Old 01-21-2005, 05:57 PM

i think i just got a bad car thats all. we'll see what happens with the next one
Old 01-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by carquest
i think you're wasting your time on another acura product. the new one will be just as crappy as the CL. you're better off looking at an accord if you want to stay w/ honda. why you'd want to i have no idea. there are much better cars available than these cheap acuras. don't waste any more money on an unreputable manufacturer.
As opposed to buying what? A really reliable BMW? VW? Benz? oh wait, those have lower reliability scores. Jeez, I think you'd better head down to your local Schwinn retailer for that 21 speed bike you were looking at. Wait, those aren't reliable either, I hear that the chain can break.

Sheesh. You have a few cars out of a few thousands that have issues, and doomsayers come out.

I really love that line " don't waste any more money on an unreputable manufacturer"--i'm really not a hater or any of that, but that's among the most stupid things i've ever heard on this forum.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:36 PM
The Slim Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mr5parkle
i'm suprised your car isn't a lemon yet.
I agree, you should check your state law in regards of this. Therefore you probably could get a new TL.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally Posted by rbf351
i don't like the look of the accord which is why i'm going towards the TL
I agree that the TL looks great but for me ... saving over $10K with the Accord did the trick for me. Still I like the TL but current finances dictate an Accord in the driveway now. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by carquest
As stupid as I've ever heard..

You might as well want to walk if you were to say Honda in general is an unreputable manufacturer. Maybe your experience with Honda/Acura hasn't been very pleasant but you don't really want to make yourself sound stupid by making an unthoughtful comment like that. Try to go talk to people who know a thing about cars. They'll laugh at you.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After all the shit you posted about your car and with the most recent one with the seals leaking in the engine, who can blame you for saying .

New TL is a good choice, especially with the Nav. And color choice is easy, Anthracite > *
Old 01-22-2005, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chaptorial
After all the shit you posted about your car and with the most recent one with the seals leaking in the engine, who can blame you for saying .

New TL is a good choice, especially with the Nav. And color choice is easy, Anthracite > *
it wasn't a seal that leaked, it was the head gasket that went. i'm most likely going to get Anthracite too
Old 01-22-2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by CL Type Slim
I agree, you should check your state law in regards of this. Therefore you probably could get a new TL.
i'm in NY, and it looks like i can't do the Lemon Law since i'm over 22,000 miles

Repair Attempts/ Days Out of Service: 4 repair attempts, 30 calendar days out of service

Coverage Period: 2 years or 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first
Old 01-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Banned

If you are buying the TL where you bought the CL, hammer them down on the price, dont pay dealer Fees etc... The only reason you getting rid of the car is b/c its unrelable ....

And make sure they give you above Wholesale $$$ for your car ...otherwise in days to come you will feel ripped of....

I was in a similar deal a few months ago...CL was in the shop more times and i could count, had more TL loaners, it was like people thought i worked for the dealer.

Leased a 05TL/Navi drove it 500miles and brought it back, got my CLS back and made sure they fixed everthing or else...... Loved the TL especially the Navi , maybe i'll write about it someday....

Good luck
Old 01-22-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by F900
If you are buying the TL where you bought the CL, hammer them down on the price, dont pay dealer Fees etc... The only reason you getting rid of the car is b/c its unrelable ....

And make sure they give you above Wholesale $$$ for your car ...otherwise in days to come you will feel ripped of....

I was in a similar deal a few months ago...CL was in the shop more times and i could count, had more TL loaners, it was like people thought i worked for the dealer.

Leased a 05TL/Navi drove it 500miles and brought it back, got my CLS back and made sure they fixed everthing or else...... Loved the TL especially the Navi , maybe i'll write about it someday....

Good luck
my father is friends with the sales manager, so i'm sure things will work out, or at least i hope they do

i'm looking for them to give me 20,000-22,000 for my car and i want the 05 TL for no more than 32,500
Old 01-26-2005, 10:12 AM

my dad talked to his friend and he said really fast he'll give me a new TL with Navi for 33,500, but my dad is sure i can get him lower. They got the new block yesterday putting everything back together
Old 01-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chaptorial

New TL is a good choice, especially with the Nav. *
and go with NBP it looks awesome!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jput
and go with NBP it looks awesome!
i think i'm gonna stck with anthracite or possilby satin silver
Old 01-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
Good luck with the new car. And I vote Anthracite too.
Originally Posted by Carquest
i think you're wasting your time on another acura product. the new one will be just as crappy as the CL.
Bold statement on an Acura-CL forum. I've had probelms with my CL. And I still think it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I'd buy a TL after the CL. You can buy any car and have problems, not just Acuras.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:09 PM

i just happened to be unlucky and got a shitty car, i enjoyed it while i had it. time to move on and get something new, and since i'm getting married next year it's time to get a more family size car(4 doors)
Old 01-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Good luck with the new car. And I vote Anthracite too.

Bold statement on an Acura-CL forum. I've had probelms with my CL. And I still think it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. I'd buy a TL after the CL. You can buy any car and have problems, not just Acuras.
No doubt about that statment. Other than Toyota/Lexus is there anyone that's been more reliable over the years?

At any rate, if you think this car is bad, try owning a BMW. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my BMW, but i've had so many niggling issues. Much much more so than the CL. (My service repair file at the dealership is over 5" thick- I measured it). Thank god for the warranty!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:59 AM

just checked out the car last night, the heads are off and the new block is in, just waiting for them to start working on it