A Sad Day... GOODBYE CLS... & selling ITR

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001 | 08:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

A Sad Day... GOODBYE CLS... & selling ITR

eh... hate to do it, but i'm pulling the plug on all my fun and enjoyment. insurance companies are a bunch of pricks and no one wants to insure my parents with me being on their policy... thats the only reason i'm selling. i can't afford putting the CLS in my name AND having to pay for insurance under MY name. I'm 19, one 4-pt speeding ticket, one at-fault accident (5 insurance pts), totalling NINE points. My brother is going to take-over the payments on my CLS ($18,000 balance) and he's selling his '00 ITR (intake, headers, exhaust, 10k mi.-- if anyone is interested). I'm keeping my '90 Accord, putting only liability coverage on it and putting it in my name. I'm going this week to buy a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R (bike) so i dont have to drown in my lost pride, that's also going under my name, but having both a car and a bike AND paying my own insurance would be a whole lot cheaper than insuring my CLS and having it under my own name. At least the CL will stay in the family.

either way, my only way out of this situation is to find an insurance co. that will actually approve my parents with me being written into the policy. AIG and Liberty Mutual both denied the application. if that could happen, i wont get the bike and things would be the same. ugh... i hate this... my parents aren't even letting me drive my CLS until everything is settled. whatever... at least if i get rid of it, i'd have a bike to have fun with.... help me out guys! I've seen commercials on TV about a company that gets u a super fast quote along with 3 other quotes from different insurance companies. i just hope it flies in NJ cuz discount insurance like Geico u can't get in Jersey. k... let me go loathe in amidst my depression now....

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, Xephyr CAI, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics!
AIM: Yuppie99
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:08 PM
Pro

YuppieCL,

Have you tried GEICO?

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:20 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FDao:
YuppieCL,

Have you tried GEICO?

</font>
Like he said in his post... you can't get Geico in NJ!
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Damn Moses,

Very sorry to hear that, you must be upset. I really hope you still stick around these boards and continue contributing. Have you tried state farm yet? I have them, great company. Well, your brother will treat her well I bet and I am sure he'll still occasionally let you drive it.

Good Luck!

Ern

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
XEPHYR CAI (Yahoo!)

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:25 PM
Pro

Oops, read too fast! Sorry.

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:26 PM
Advanced

Try Progressive, I just changed my policy with them and they seem ok.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
Non-navi
Satin Silver
Planned Mods:
Infinity Self Powered Sub-Woofer (installed)
Xephyr CAI (when it finally ships)
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Rear Wing
DVD Video System
Old 04-15-2001 | 09:55 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thundercls:
Try Progressive, I just changed my policy with them and they seem ok.

</font>
I have Progressive insurance too. It is very reasonable.
Old 04-15-2001 | 10:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

progressive huh? sounds good. i'll keep my car if they approve my parents with me in their policy, otherwise it's buh-bye CLS. my parents are waiting for state farm's reply, so hopefully all goes well. me getting the motorcycle is simple retaliation against life hopefully i wont kill myself on it... i had a friend die a week after he bought his. very sad. i just need a toy to mess around with if i'm gonna be driving my POS Accord. also, if i get to keep my CLS, my brother is getting a TLS, so his ITR is on its way out anyway... wish me luck guys.... thanks again for the help.

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, Xephyr CAI, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics!
AIM: Yuppie99
Old 04-15-2001 | 10:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YuppieCL:
progressive huh? sounds good. i'll keep my car if they approve my parents with me in their policy, otherwise it's buh-bye CLS. my parents are waiting for state farm's reply, so hopefully all goes well. me getting the motorcycle is simple retaliation against life hopefully i wont kill myself on it... i had a friend die a week after he bought his. very sad. i just need a toy to mess around with if i'm gonna be driving my POS Accord. also, if i get to keep my CLS, my brother is getting a TLS, so his ITR is on its way out anyway... wish me luck guys.... thanks again for the help.

</font>
I thought your brother was buying your CLS, if not, I want first dibs on those springs .

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
XEPHYR CAI (Yahoo!)

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-15-2001 | 10:26 PM
4th Gear

how much is your bro selling his Type R for? what color? how many miles?

------------------
1998 Black 2.3 CL
5-spd

In the mail:
-Super white HID headlight bulbs
-Getting clear corners soon
Old 04-15-2001 | 10:37 PM
Ace rider

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by frederix:
I have Progressive insurance too. It is very reasonable.</font>
I *had* progressive until they screwed up big time on an accident...took them one year and 7 different representatives to resolve it. They have been a nightmare to work with. Anyway, I switched my car insurance to Nationwide and saved 800 bucks a year.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 04-15-2001 | 10:50 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dacat:
I *had* progressive until they screwed up big time on an accident...took them one year and 7 different representatives to resolve it. They have been a nightmare to work with. Anyway, I switched my car insurance to Nationwide and saved 800 bucks a year.
</font>
Funny... my experience is completely different from Dacats.

I was on Nationwide with the TL... when I got into the accident they fucked me over real bad.

Then I switched to Progressive and now Im paying even less then I was on Nationwide BEFORE the accident.

But... all insurance co's seem to be the same. They all fuck ya when it comes down to it... so just go with who fucks you less in the long-term.

Go online to one of those sites that will give you quotes from a bunch of companys.

Yuppie: Its hard to believe that anyone wont insure your parents BECAUSE OF you. Your parents are either pulling the wool over your eyes... OR... there is some underlying problem with them getting insured.

Trust me... I used to be insured under my parents... and my record sucks real bad.

Now me & my girlfriend are insured together and we both dont have sparkling records.

Shop around. Someone will insure you for a decent rate.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 04-16-2001 | 12:11 AM