Rotors Resurfaced, New Pads - Noisy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotors Resurfaced, New Pads - Noisy?

All,

Recently had my vehicle serviced to address a lurching problem I had been experiencing as my CL-S was coming to a stop. Also requested service to address a shuddering problem I had experienced when braking at speeds greater than ~50 mph.
Apparently, my pads were badly worn enough that they required replacement immediately. The rotors were also resurfaced.

I was told that the new pads are made of a new material that differs from the original pads that were used on my CL-S. The new material should wear better than the material used in the pads that came with the car.

Since the brakes were worked on I've noticed two changes in operation. On the one hand, I am no longer experiencing any kind of brake shudder or lurching as the vehicle comes to a stop. On the other hand, I have noticed increased road noise around ~50 mph being transmitted into the cabin. Braking from high speed with the new pads and resurfaced rotors also produces a much lounder resonance than the original pads and rotors emitted. Stopping power appears largely the same as before.

Should I be concerned about the increased noise since the installation of the new pads and the resurfacing of the rotors? Is this typical of the new material allegedly used in my new pads or am I hearing the results of a botched installation?

Thanks....

QuickSilver
'01 CL-S (No Mods)
Old 10-26-2001, 11:25 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they told you that you would get better wear from these pads, that would indicate a harder material, possibly making more noise, but i tend to think its the cut on the rotor, how many miles have you drivin it since the work was done?

i've seen a bad cut on a rotor cause noise, ala chatter marks, but i've also seen a rotor that looks perfect suddenly become noisy after being cut, even though it seemed ok before

sometimes if it is the rotor surface it may wear out, but i would think in less than a 100 miles, you may have to take it back to have them address it, - take the technician for a road test and point out the noise you here