Rotora Slotted Rotors - Anything I should be warned about before buying?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
I need FI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Artwork
Do the stock pads put anymore wear on the rotors then the ultimates?
I highly doubt that
Old 09-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Audi S4 driver

Originally Posted by berny
Stock pads. And I was running with stock pads in the past
So then how in the hell do you know the difference a higher performance set of pads will make on a CLS if you've never used anything but stock?

I love the braking with the Ultimates, just not the dust or the squeaking. They do stop the car SIGNIFICANTLY better than the stock pads do, and under high speed repeated braking there is ZERO fade, where as the stock setup consistently faded when really pushed. With the pads you can just give the pedal light pressure and the car begins to slow down. With the stock pads you really had to put pressure on them just to get them to slow down at all.

So don't tell me that performance pads don't stop SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock .. at least until you've used a set.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 PM
I need FI

I'm just basing my opinion on what I read, which I do, read a lot, that is....
Old 09-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by blader
So then how in the hell do you know the difference a higher performance set of pads will make on a CLS if you've never used anything but stock?

I love the braking with the Ultimates, just not the dust or the squeaking. They do stop the car SIGNIFICANTLY better than the stock pads do, and under high speed repeated braking there is ZERO fade, where as the stock setup consistently faded when really pushed. With the pads you can just give the pedal light pressure and the car begins to slow down. With the stock pads you really had to put pressure on them just to get them to slow down at all.

So don't tell me that performance pads don't stop SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock .. at least until you've used a set.
Yeah but Blader, did you try the Rotoras with the stock pads? Of course the new setup (Rotoras/Ultimates) will be significantly better than all stock.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Audi S4 driver

NSX, no I havent tried the rotoras with the stock pads but I can't see it being any different than stock rotors with stock pads. The material of the pad is what changes the braking, not the rotor (if they are the same surface area). I can see that maybe the slots on the Rotoras will keep things a tad cooler and may prevent fade on the stock pads, but I don't know how significantly it will impact that. i know just by feeling the pads themselves, the ultimates felt like they had MUCH more friction than stock. the stock pads almost felt slippery when compared.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blader

Did you switch to Castrol fluid at the same time? Comptech stainless brake lines?

Maybe the fluid and lines reduced the fade, not the pads. BTW, most fade is from overheated fluid, not pads.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Audi S4 driver

I switched to castrol fluid and Comptech SS lines way back in Spring. There was still fade present on stock setup. None after rotoras\ultimates.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:36 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need new rotors and probably pads. So rotora slotted and ultimates are the way to go? what other options exist besides stock? I thought I read that our rotor issues (warping) are due to shitty pads...is this right?