Roasted, Basted, and Cooked a 330Ci

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 11:21 PM
I love my CL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tunkz:
First, Nirvanaib, your story is cooked, baked, and roasted. I own a 328 and test drove cl type S before buying my bimmer. I know CL is fast, but it's not THAT FAST as to smoke 330ci. you have to know even though your car is 260hp, it's Automatic, Front drive, and HeaviER. Your car do 0-60 in 6.6 s with conservative timing. 330i manual do 0-60 in 6.4s with conservative timing. 300 extra pounds cause .3 seconds in 1/4 miles. You might win the race if that 330i guy did not shift precisely. If he really knows what he's doing, he might still lose, but the lost won't be that embarassing. </font>
i know ..i know..
30k v:s 40k -__-'

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter
piaa 19169
cannon winter floor mats
Old 04-05-2001, 12:02 AM
Cruisin'

Sheesh, all this attitude. Sure, the original poster sounds a little cocky, but people are telling him "you're car isn't that fast", "the race wasn't fair", etc.

1. Time to speed doesn't tell you jack about who will be in front. It's all about time to distance. The car with a rolling start will pull ahead before the stopped car even gets moving. Hell, with an automatic it takes half a second just to move your foot from gas to brake. From that perspective, the guy in the 330 may have had an advantage.

2. Its a friggin stop light race! I could line up next to someone with a faster car, leave 0.3 seconds sooner on the light and he might not pass me till after 70-80 mph. And while you might see that I moved first, how much sooner I left is beyond that average human's ability to discern. That's why dragstrips are useful.

3. A stick 330 and a stock CLS trap within 0.5 mph of each other. The 330 gets a better launch, but after that the cars seem very evenly matched (at least till the CLS hits 4th gear) with the 330 finishing the 1/4 mile about 2 car lengths in front. Given that the CLS is an auto (and less susceptible to driver eror) its entirely possible for a CL-S, even stock, to win a street drag.

4. this guy's CLS is not stock! He's got a legitimate 30 hp increase. That could easily make up any difference in performance, if not give the CL-S an advantage.

5. The other guy had more weight. that will slow him down. Tough S**t! As others have stated, that's his problem.

Quit whining. If someone is pissed about the result, go find a CLS to race with your 330. If you just didn't like the way the story was presented, fine, but the results are entirely believable.

UL
Old 04-06-2001, 07:06 AM
Ace rider

I agree with ya Ultimate...totally, this race is believable, regardless of who thinks what is fair or unfair. It's a "story", adjusted to what the poster feels happened, I see the reverse of this on the BMW boards and S4 forum, same thing. Although at least this forum admits that our cars lose a lot also.

I think there is a LOT of attitude between Japanese fans and German fans. I've just read some of other forums (both japanese and german) I cannot believe the time and energy spent bashing the other. It's not going to end any time soon, because it's all opinion. There's never going to be the perfect car for everyone. I have had both makes, I could go on about them both.

I think the true enthusiast is the one that recognizes the good and bad in both makes, and doesn't feel the need to always justify their purchase with "my car is better than XXX because it feels/looks/performs better than it, so I'm glad I bought it vs. XXX"

You can tell these enthusiasts because they always give props to the other cars before comparing them. What I did notice is this, and this is JUST my opinion again: Japanese buyers tend to lean toward price/reliability + performance or bang for the buck. German buyers lean towards looks/prestige + performance. So whenever a bmw person says "but it FEELS better, it LOOKS much better, the interior is SO much nicer, it's got the brand, women dig them", ya get the point. While the acura person usually says "it is SO reliable, for 30k it kicks ass, look at all these OPTIONS" The good thing is, they both like performance, modding, racing, and all that.

Sorry for the long post, I forgot my point exactly It's late. I guess if we both sides weren't so different, then none of these message boards "race" sections would be interesting. I tell you what, I love both makes, I'm always on the lookout for what I'm getting next and I'm sure each time I look for a new car, I'll compare all makes carefully and not be "brand loyalty blind".

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 04-09-2001, 09:42 PM
Cruisin'

Nothing is worse than someone who doesn't understand what it is that they own!

VTECH? Is that where you went to school?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nirvanaib:
I love that VTECH.</font>
Old 05-19-2001, 11:19 PM
Old timer

That GotTurbo dude can't even fit all his expensive cars in his garage. Maybe he should have bought a bigger house, you know, since he's got all that money.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.

[This message has been edited by JRock (edited 05-19-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 03:53 AM
Instructor

nirvana, arent you that retard that posted a few weeks back about your friends BMW with the "capicators" adding an extra 400 horses or some shit, and arent you the dude with 20000 pounds of Stero Equipment and 20 TVs, Your just a fukin troll you prolley dont own a CL, every post u make is retarted as hell.

<a href="http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004248.html"> Example 1 </a>

<a href="http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004019.html"> example 2 </a>

sorry man, im just getting tired of hearing your BS over and over

-defrag

[This message has been edited by defrag (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 04:35 AM
AWD Torque Monster

i wish they would finallyt make a supercharger for my f22b1. that would be fuckin sweet. 220+ hp in a 1st gen cl would kick ass. h22 swaps alone have gotten the cls to run high 14's low 15s. maybe then us 1st gen i4s can even have the remote chance for keepin up with the new cl-S. i would love to see the face of a new CL-S driver as a 1st gen 2.2 or 2.3 goes flyin by them. maybe when pigs fly this will happen also. hahah all u guys r so funny. i hate bmws. everyone and their grandmas has a freakin beamer. a win is a win. if u want race with other ppl in ur car then thats ur fault. teh fact is that kid thought he could beat him even with the ppl in the car and he lost and that is the point. hahaha

------------------
1997 Black Acura 2.2 CL
Currently-
PIAAs Everywhere, PIAA 1700X, Custom Grill, Clear Corners, OE Spoiler,
5% Tints (Limo), HKS Super Dragger Exhaust, AEM CAI, Venom 400
Comming Soon-
Headers or Ignition, Front Lip
http://members.home.net/vx16