RIP 01 CLS tranny #1 @119k

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIP 01 CLS tranny #1 @119k

As it states, Ive been having problems with the tranny, since I got back from Vegas after new years. It was having problems swithing from 2nd to 3rd, it started just slightly but I knew it was on its way out. I bought it to the stealership on thurs, for a tranny check and see what was going on with the IAC valve. They found nothing, but two broken mounts and my AEM cold air filter fell off some how.... They said the problem was the mounts and not the tranny. I called bullshit but thought they knew more than me...$600..Well today on my way to work i almost hit a car on a hill when it got stuck and started to roll backward. Called the dealership as soon as they openned and headed up this morning. On the highway I got to feel the 5th gear drop to 2nd everyone was talking about.... Right when a damn 350Z wanted to run up on my ass. Needless to say at 119k I hope they give me a goodwill because I paid for the broken mounts and I damn sure won't be paying again. The lady told me the broken mounts have nothing to do with the failed tranny. I have yet to hear from them, I will be calling corportate as soon as they let me know whats going on.

Anyone know about Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg Md?

They gave me a TSX the first time around, now they gave me the MDX. Both loaners were dirty inside and out....

My knew love is the TSX....just a tiny bit more power and I would be sold...

I hope they do a goodwill
Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by stic2it
As it states, Ive been having problems with the tranny, since I got back from Vegas after new years. It was having problems swithing from 2nd to 3rd, it started just slightly but I knew it was on its way out. I bought it to the stealership on thurs, for a tranny check and see what was going on with the IAC valve. They found nothing, but two broken mounts and my AEM cold air filter fell off some how.... They said the problem was the mounts and not the tranny. I called bullshit but thought they knew more than me...$600..Well today on my way to work i almost hit a car on a hill when it got stuck and started to roll backward. Called the dealership as soon as they openned and headed up this morning. On the highway I got to feel the 5th gear drop to 2nd everyone was talking about.... Right when a damn 350Z wanted to run up on my ass. Needless to say at 119k I hope they give me a goodwill because I paid for the broken mounts and I damn sure won't be paying again. The lady told me the broken mounts have nothing to do with the failed tranny. I have yet to hear from them, I will be calling corportate as soon as they let me know whats going on.

Anyone know about Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg Md?

They gave me a TSX the first time around, now they gave me the MDX. Both loaners were dirty inside and out....

My knew love is the TSX....just a tiny bit more power and I would be sold...

I hope they do a goodwill
might wanna check out temple ... theyre sayin '09 TSX gets optional v6 and sh-AWD
Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Racer

For all those interested Rosenthal acura of Gaithersburg,md covered the tranny swap...free of charge, no expense to me. I get to keep the MDX for a week, I might even clean it up a little. I was a 118k at the time. I'm so happy...

If they make a V6 TSX in '09, I will be buying the TSX and the CL will just be the back up or weekend car. I will never get an auto again, this is my first and last one.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad to hear that Acura stood behind this one.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn. It took awhile but it sucks that it had to happen. Your tranny went out kinda late.

How long ago did you move to DC, Jamal? Hope all goes well with you and your CL bro.
-Luis
Old 01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
Damn. It took awhile but it sucks that it had to happen. Your tranny went out kinda late.

How long ago did you move to DC, Jamal? Hope all goes well with you and your CL bro.
-Luis
I moved back in October, I actually drove the car coast to coast. It was a fun drive and the CL made it with no problem. I made the whole drive in 48 hours and I was a solo driver. I'm either going to sell or get a new paint job