Regarding CT Charger orders, VR, and MSP

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding CT Charger orders, VR, and MSP

Disclaimer: I'm posting this for Austin519 because he's not on this forum. I'm doing this because someone needs to speak for both of these people or else this is going to look really bad to anyone who sees this and doesn't know any better. I was asked to post this and am sorry if it's a problem but I think that just letting it go isn't really, I dunno, right. The original thread this is responding to is here: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=141786

---------------------------------------------

Hi Robert,
I've seen your posts on here as well as hearing some strange accusations so I think some clearing the water needs to happen. Please don't take this angrily...but I do need to speak up bro.

You ordered your charger from me, Modern Speed And Performance (not Velocity Resources) on 3/18, and it was processed on 3/19, and received at CT on 3/22. Since then you have sent me over 30 emails, and I have logs of 32 instant message conversations between the two of us. You also drove down to Velocity Resources personally and spoke with them. Nate at Comptech has also received dozens of calls from you. I bring that up so it's clear there's been no lack of communication, and also just to let you know that although that much communication is absolutely no problem whatsoever with me (I want to be there to talk with my customers as much as they need to talk), with others it may annoy them or slow them down or both, and that's more contact than anyone has ever initiated, including those with orders much larger than yourself who have been waiting much longer than yourself.

When you ordered your charger I explicitly told you that it would take at least 6 weeks for delivery (per what Comptech usually says) but additionally that Comptech was having some production issues and delays so it could take longer. Even when they said they had 3 sets of headers in stock (as you ordered a set of headers and a supercharger) I said that was great but be careful because they've said that before and it's taken weeks.

I, and VR, and Comptech, has kept you up to date on everything we know about your order Robert. When I ordered my very first charger, which I later sold to a guy on this forum (who has spoken up actually regarding your posts), it took me over 4 months to get it. I told you that...but I think you were still very optimisitc...which I understand because it is the same way I was when I ordered my first one. I can only tell you what I hear from VR and Comptech, and VR can only tell you what they hear from Comptech, and Comptech can only tell you what they know at the time. That's why I warned you it may not be exactly 42 days and poof here's your charger (shrug). If I could build these myself and know exactly how long they take, I would. Because I have many customers, you included, that have had to wait for some time on Comptech stuff. Unfortunately, that's just the nature of ordering from them right now...good product but long wait. They have your charger ready now and it's shipping but to be honest I'm a little scared to send it to you with what I'm about to talk about in a bit.

Ordering from C-C-C would do you no good since 1) VR is their distro as well and 2) the problem is supply, I'm not nor is VR just sitting there holding on to your charger trying to upset you I promise. Darrinb you need to understand the same thing...we can't ship anything if we don't have anything, be it modernsandp.com or velocityresources.com, and believe me a VR bashing thread is not better for anyone's business.

It's really frustrating to hear you say "and VR doesn't like to check the status on it" and that AJ doesn't call you back, because the first is not true and the second is wrong in context. Every single time I call VR (every day) they check the status from Comptech. Every day Robert. They may not get any more info from doing so, but they do. And AJ says he'll call you back if he hears anything...if he doesn't hear anything, well, he doesn't call you back. Take that as you will but it's not just that AJ doesn't call you back.

That said I'm starting to hear other things that are worrying me, and I want to get them out in the open rather than keep them as rumors, and this is what I was referring to above in being worried about sending you the charger. I've heard that you've told VR that MSP has stolen your CC#, and has changed your CC address to the company's address, and has transferred money from your CC account to your checking account. You told VR that whoever did this had your mother's maiden name and social security number. You've accused MSP of stealing from you, and you've threatened to report all of this to your CC company.

Okay, where do I start. First, I wrote the website's credit card processing code myself (I'm a computer engineer), and it's now being used by tens of thousands of people. The nature of how the processing works on my site, which was my choice, is that it doesn't store credit card numbers at all (which is why you have no option on modernsandp.com to use the same CC number). Once you type that number in, it completely bypasses me and my site and goes right to the processing company. So it's not physically possible for me to have your CC number, which is exactly what I wanted when I wrote it. I also have no way of knowing your mother's maiden name or social security number, because that's of course not something I ask on my site or something you've ever provided me, and is not something I can get even if I knew your credit card number. I have called my processor since I got your IM warning me (I assume before you told this to VR) that my website was insecure. My website is as secure as it gets though Robert, I encrypt everything I get from you, including your full name, address, etc, in the same way that most companies just encrypt your credit card number. I have passed Visa Security Verification as well as the same process for Mastercard to verify I have a secure site, and I log everything that goes both ways (a log which I searched through line by line since your IM, finding nothing). And granting that I did do all of the above, why would I transfer money into your checking account (which I would also have to know the number of), instead of just taking your credit card on a spree, since I had all of that information? So, after having said that, I'm not sure if VR just misinterpreted what you were saying...or you were upset, or what, but I would like to know.

It also sounds like you want a refund, which I am and have said I would be happy to do (that's why I have a section of my site entitled "Shipping, Returns, and Cancellations" where yours would be a cancellation). The only problem is that I've been trying to get in contact with you since you sent me the IM saying that your CC number was stolen and have been unable to. I have called and have left you multiple messages without them being returned. I wonder if your desire for a cancellation has to do with needing your ring here: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=141316 . Seeing that thread, along with this abrupt shift in attitude and what I've been hearing that you have said to VR, honestly worries me Robert. Usually when stuff like this happens with a customer, I immediately think fraud. So please return my phone calls (I've left my number twice), or reply to this post, or send me an email so I know what's going on. I have over 700 customers that I have had wonderful transactions with, and not a single unhappy one, and I don't plan to start having them now, for whatever reason. Thanks Robert,

Austin

---------------------------------------------
Old 05-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
uh oh that's my thread...
Old 05-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
too bad you are austin519.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Who, me?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 05-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Banned

mattg was that for me or Chaptorial? If it was for me, dude I'm in Atlanta, and I got to know Austin through AP-Signworks that did the trim for my TL and have been buying parts and car stereo stuff through him. I think you can check where I am from the forum right?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Senior Moderator

all i know is the date you registered was the day after Austin was banned or whatever.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

It's because he asked me to register and post something for him after he got banned ...anyway back to the thread, I wanna hear what this dood is gonna say
Old 05-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by TLRunner
I'm in Atlanta,
Where about?? We have little J32 camaraderie around here and that should change.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Steve you got a PM from me... can you answer it?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Banned

scalbert I'm down by Emory bro, Austin told me all about you and don't even ask me to race you ha ha.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Smitty
Steve you got a PM from me... can you answer it?
Yea, sorry, I got tied up at the office and forgot about it. I'll hit on it shortly.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

scalbert I'm down by Emory bro, Austin told me all about you and don't even ask me to race you ha ha.
Cool, obviously I'm a little bit out of downtown, in the suburbs.

No real race but I'm always looking for another J-Series to go up to the track with me.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for one i wasn't posting anything about the credit card problem here, i didn't want anyone else involved with it

it is solved an over with

and about AJ, you are wrong i tell him and he's told me he will call back whether or not there is new news or not

and no i do not want a refund i just want my SC already, if i really wanted a refund i would deal with the 20% fee(which isn't right, but not going on about that here)

for one the ring was paid in cash and the SC is already paid off, so it's not a money issue, it's a waiting 3 months with answers that don't match each other.

PS
Chaptorial i'm sorry for blowing up your post, but i needed to reply back here
Old 05-28-2004, 06:53 PM

for one i never blamed anyone, seconds was phone number was changed to the 512 number that belongs to you.

i never said who exactly stole it since i don't know

all i know is that MSP is the only "company" to use that card in close to a year(header order) and the phone number that it was changed to, which also happened when i was out of town(Florida) and was for 3900, price of a SC minus 100 bucks

lastly holding my SC doesn't do anything except make me a little more pissed than i already am, and makes me think a little more...

also how come if my charger was going out today, then how come a TL-S auto(obviously) SC was going out and not a CL-S 6 speed? supposed to be my charger going out, but i don't own a Tl-S, you do!!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Banned

rbf351...I will be replying for Austin again...
Old 05-28-2004, 07:40 PM

rbf351...I will be replying for Austin again...

no need since i'll be talking to him in 20 minutes or so
Old 05-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Banned

----------------------------------
The problem Robert is that people are already involved. VR knows about it, Comptech knows about it, and somehow other people seem to know about it too. So rather than keep it hushed since a lot seem to know about it I'd rather everyone see what's going on and how I handle things with my customers, and to absolve VR and MSP of any wrongdoing.

As I said earlier, believe me I understand you want your supercharger. I want mine too, and it's been on order longer than yours. But just because you want something and it's not there when you want it doesn't give you the right to blast VR about something that's clearly not their fault. Blast Comptech all day long for how long their stuff takes (and even then it's pretty well known it takes forever lately so it may be so much water under the bridge), but going off and hurting another company for no reason isn't cool. Also, again, if you're going to blast anyone other than Comptech blast ME. You bought the charger through ME, not them, and it's MY responsibility not theirs. So blast away. Since you mentioned the restocking fee...the reason why it's there is because it's what I get charged. If you decide to back out of an order after they start building it I will get slapped with the 20%, and with my margins as low as they are, and since I'm generally still doing this just to hook people up as everyone on AW knows, that would completely put me out of business, or I'd have to start charging extremely high prices to prepare for that. Instead, I prefer to trust my customers, and they trust me.

The answers don't match one another because you're talking to three different people in three different parts of the process. That is why before you called VR I told you it probably wouldn't help, and you probably wouldn't hear anything more, and it may be confusing. I said the same before you called Comptech. When you buy from a company, those above the company in the product delivery chain aren't really going to cater to your questions, since it's not their responsibility. It would be like you buying an Acura, calling the regional sales rep, the US office, and the Japan office.

You brought up a great example of this, and I want you to understand this Robert. The charger that's being built that's an auto? Yes, that is my charger, that I had them cannibalize it so you could get yours faster. Understand that I sacrificed my supercharger which was ordered way before yours and was ready to ship to me to put in my car. I've been without a car for months and I'm waiting on my charger, and now I have no idea when I will get another. I did it for your benefit, and had you asked me instead of calling CT directly, you would have known that. And then to see you turn around and say what you've said is pretty upsetting after I've honestly busted my tail to make sure you get yours as fast as is possible.

As for the phone number being changed to 512...that's the city of Austin area code, there are half a million people there, though I would be curious to know what number it was, and to speak with your bank to find out more about this. You said the address was changed to mine as well...what was the address?

As for holding your SC, from my perspective this money thing and these accusations don't make sense, and with it coinciding with the date you posted that your SC and headers were for sale, when you don't even have the SC yet, just really worries me. It makes me feel that something isn't legit here, especially with you turning the product right around for cash on the forums and saying explicitly in that other thread that you were selling the SC and headers for the money for that ring. I hope you understand what I mean...it just feels really weird. Hopefully if I hear back from you today we will sort this out.

Austin519
----------------------------------
Old 05-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Banned

Oh...my bad...okay I guess that was a little late...sorry Austin.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

what a :ghey: thread
Old 05-28-2004, 08:48 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
i thought austins parents raped him in the ASS and stole his car

Old 05-28-2004, 09:00 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF? If we banned someone... we don't want to hear their voice.

Do not post propoganda for those that are banned.

On top of that, advertising is not free. If a user had a bad experience... they have every right to express it without being insulted by the business.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:01 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
After review of your post history... you are in clear violation of just about every rule.

Most importantly... SPAMMING.

By TLRunner
Old 05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post