Reckless driving, caught by aerial Vascar.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 02:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reckless driving, caught by aerial Vascar.

Monday morning and I'm heading back to school, (JMU) on interstate 81, Like any other trip back to school I was doin 85-100 MPH consistently on 66 west and when I got on 81 south I slowed down some because of traffic. Two miles after I'm on 81 south I see 2 cops on the right shoulder of the highway. I was in the left lane and slowed down before I passed them to like 70 MPH, (65MPH zone). As I pass the cop pulls on the road and gets behind and pulls me over. He said that the "Aerial Vascar" clocked me going 82 in a 65. He wrote me 3 tickets, A reckless driving 82 in a 65, Illegal window tint 16% (50 is state legal limit) and Improper display of my front license plate (Its mounted on the dash).

This was the first time I got pulled over in the Type S and hopefully the last...
Old 02-21-2001, 03:12 AM
Race Director

82 is nowhere close to be "reckless", esp. here in Kansas. I understand VA has some weird traffic laws, they must still think a traffic violation is criminal. Sorry to hear about it, man.

Don't feel bad, as I said in my other post, you just can't beat the Vascar airplane.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 03:49 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Can you get the tint and the front plate written off if you "fix" it?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 satin silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! ~Navi!~ ~XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~Quantum tint~ ~Hiper Hibrid Plasma Xenon road lamps AND high-beams~ ~spoiler, baby!!~ ~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~ ~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~ ~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~ ~Getting a red Acura badge shortly.~
Former post count : Over 500!! FREAK!
Old 02-21-2001, 06:36 AM
Drifting

What the hell are all those tickets going to cost you in terms of money and points? Damn you got screwed. Sorry to hear about it.

------------------
True Hip-hop junkie
Old 02-21-2001, 09:28 AM
Pro

I quest their (ticket) quota occurs in the middle of the month.

That was a royal screw!!

"Time to investigate police frequencies for the scanner."

Old 02-21-2001, 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey just take your plates off completely then they won't even notice. But if you keep it in your car they will notice it immediatly. Everytime I got pulled over they didin't even look at my front.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:45 AM
Instructor

sorry to hear of your misfortune, Sleeper... i know on 66, they have signs warning that speed is checked by airplanes. until now, i thought it was just a gimmick cuz i routinely hit 80 especially on my way to work...

------------------
'01 CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Black Ebony
Old 02-21-2001, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Damn thats another road I have to be alert on I hate driving fast around here its getting dangerous

------------------
CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,Eibach springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 555 235/35/19s
Comptech headers and sways.
GReddy Dual MX exhaust
AEM custom CAI
Old 02-21-2001, 12:59 PM
Meat Popsicle

wow, you clearly deserved it. Too bad they didn't catch you at 100mph. the law applies to you too. quit bitching about being caught. pay the fine. stop driving like an asshole.

much love,

------------------
lilfeat
01 CLS Red No Spoiler, No
Nav, No Payments
Old 02-21-2001, 02:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lilfeat:
wow, you clearly deserved it. Too bad they didn't catch you at 100mph. the law applies to you too. quit bitching about being caught. pay the fine. stop driving like an asshole.

much love,

</font>

it's not about not driving like an asshole... it's about driving safe, meaning: speed where there is no traffic, and open road. we DO have fast cars. he did however get screwed with the VASCAR. to me reckless is lane changing w/o signaling or the like. everyone does it when there's no one around. damn planes! anyway, be safe, fight the ticket.

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 02-21-2001, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Damn that sucks...3 tickets in one shot. I'd have to say 82 in 65 on a major road isn't that bad. Half the time the flow of traffic is above 80 and cops pass me going 85 and don't even look over.

I was gonna take my license plate off the front too, but the damn dealership bolted the f**cking thing to the front end instead of just using the brackets that connect under the car. Well i guess it's safer to keep it on anyway.

Sorry to hear about the VASCAR on 66, i guess we just gotta be more careful to look up while speeding now (ha-ha).
B-TS

------------------
Bullet-TypeS
'01 Acura CL Type S
San Marino Red/Spoiler/ Mud guards/Fenderwell trim/Wheel locks/Front-end cover/ PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow bulbs/CAI (coming soon)...
Old 02-21-2001, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

(Quote)wow, you clearly deserved it. Too bad they didn't catch you at 100mph.
the law applies to you too. quit bitching about being caught. pay the fine.
stop driving like an asshole.

much love,

...lilfeat, i wasnt driving like an asshole, i was enjoying the Type S on a great day for a drive, anyways...
Old 02-21-2001, 04:04 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they have this VASCAR bullshit in Maryland too?
Old 02-21-2001, 04:11 PM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
Do they have this VASCAR bullshit in Maryland too?</font>
As far as I know, they use VASCAR in every state.
It is the LEAST expensive equipment to own/run.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-21-2001, 04:16 PM
Subie Dubie

much love,

</font>
Lighten up LILFEAT,if they ticketed everyone
doing over 80 there wouldn't be enough planes
in the state to take care of all the tickets.
82 on a wide open freeway in a capable car is not reckless in my opinion.Maybe 65 on bald tires is,but cops don't seem to care about those,especially at several thousand feet over the freeway.

Go get a Buick.
Old 02-21-2001, 04:51 PM
Adult Supervision

much love,

</font>
Clearly deserved it [reckless driving]? 82 mph...nah; 100...maybe

stop driving like a [rectum]? He didn't seem to be driving like that to me.

He clearly got screwed? Nah, he clearly got caught - nothing more or less.

Lilfeat - are you simply a "fatman in a bathtub with the blues?"

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!

[This message has been edited by MikeS 18 (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 05:28 PM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
82 is nowhere close to be "reckless", esp. here in Kansas

</font>
I believe that doing 15 over the posted is considered "reckless driving" here in Tejas. Although, cops will only call it that if you mouth off to them, otherwise they will right you up for like 12 over. This has happened to me several times on I-45 from Dallas to Houston. Once, my buddy was doing about 90 or so in a 65 and got pulled over. He had a real negative attitude and the cop wrote him up for 89 in a 65 and stated "reckless driving" on the citation. that was the first time I'd ever seen such a thing.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi

35% tint/Wheel locks/Splash guards/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter/Mobil-1 5W-30 oil & filter/One scratched rim

[This message has been edited by MikeN (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 05:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
As an excessive speeder myself and occasionally questionably reckless lemme chime in here. 82mph? Fight the ticket and see if you can get the license plate and tint tickets removed if you get them fixed. At least go for a reduction with the prosecutor or talk to the cop beforehand and BE NICE and APOLOGETIC. Swallow your pride, take a deep breath and realize that an ounce of maturity can possibly yield you less fines.

As for our pal Lifebeat or whatever his name was I am sure he NEVER speeds or NEVER violates any laws. If you have a type-S and you don't speed, even a little your a liar. So don't judge anyone but yourself. If you wanted a slow car you should have bought an IS300 so you could easily take the turns away from my recklessly speeding ass.

------------------
The #1 Corolla errr I mean IS300 Killer.
Old 02-21-2001, 05:43 PM
Meat Popsicle

you guys are funny.
if i speed, and get caught, I pay. I don't whine about how unfair they are to me.
booo hoo.
I certainly wouldn't admit to going 100, then getting hit for 82, and gripe about how unfair the cops were for doing the job they are paid for.
That's all I said. The asshole thing was a bit much, and I withdraw it from my opinion.

And, "Fatman in the bathtub" has nothing to do with bathtubs or fatmen.

What is wrong with Buicks anyway. They were making great cars when honda was making bikes!

------------------
lilfeat
Nav, No Payments
Old 02-21-2001, 06:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well Lifeat I personally have met 9 of the boardmembers here at the meeting I arranged in Menlo Park, NJ. I met a ton more at the Brooklyn meet last October? This is a close knit forum and If someone I know or like wants to complain about a ticket they can. If you simply bend over and take a ticket anally without complaining that's your deal. I may have 20 or so posts here but last board I had well over 200 and I know most of the posters here just show a little respect / consideration and people wont jump all over you like me.

------------------
The #1 Corolla errr I mean IS300 Killer.
Old 02-21-2001, 06:38 PM
Advanced

lilfeat, the point is that your original post here was nonsense...he has every right to whine a little bit about a ticket...He obviously got screwed and deserved our love and support.
Old 02-21-2001, 06:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Geeze all he's doing is warning fellow members so we don't get screwed like him and just sharing his exp. no need to get all bitchy and shit. Plus that road is very easy to just open your car on, no traffic what so ever and just fields on the left and right of you no harm to any one except your self when speeding. That's the road i took my car up to 145. now Im going to be parinod .

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-21-2001, 07:17 PM
Drifting

people like littletoe piss me off.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:02 PM
Meat Popsicle

who is being bitchy?
Me or the guy whinning about getting caught for speeding when he admits to it? Or the multitude of posters reply with babble about who I am and how I drive.
Come on now!

I saw the thread, read the replies, and I see a bunch of people who must think that they should be able to drive above the limit, and that by simply buying a fast car they are entitled to blaze away at whatever speed they feel is safe for them on that day. I am sure that all of you have been to a high speed driving school.

And SleeperS never said "Hey guys watch out for this road..." he wasn't warning you, he was pissed that he was caught, and tried to lay the blame on those who caught him.

spiroh, I am sure that everyone who disagrees with you pisses you off. That is much easier than thinking about the point that they are making and coming up with a reply.

stangsrlame, how was he screwed? He admitted that he was going even faster than he was cited for?

eclipse, who said take it analy? I say take it like a man ( if you are male ) and have your day in court. Don't try and act like the cops have nothing better to do. To them you are just another joker that they have to endure on a daily basis. Those cops are the same people who scrape up many a 20something off the road when they plow that nice coupe into something in a single car accident.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just trying to hold up a mirror to some foolish thinking.

------------------
lilfeat
Nav, No Payments
Old 02-21-2001, 08:35 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

"Speed Limit Enforcement" is rediculous at best. I would like to invite you to a 30-miles strech of 2-lane Highway that connects NH and MA' main 128/95 HW. First, this is a 2-lane 55MPH HW that so much congested that I would never try to use in rush hours.

So, at rush hours or just priror to a congestion, you would see the "nation" of Rt3 commuters just drives at 85+ all the way on that 30-miles stretch. Cops are either too "understanding" that commuters are in hury to avaid the rush hour, need to go home quickly, or simply it next to impossible to merge safely in such 10-30 yards bumper to bumper taffic rolling at 85+ MPH, AND you will never see cop at that time.

Even when you have a cop at non rush hours in light traffic catching "a transportation vehicle operator" committing a "criminal traffic law violation" (in this case, driving at above the posted speeed limit) They would pull over a poor guy. Behind this poor guy who would be tickted in $100s, 41 such "criminals" would let lose and the cop is busy writing the ticket.

------------------
Black, Eboney, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks.
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards,
- Winter mats,
- Trunk liner,
- Acura Spoiler.
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator.
- PIAA 19169 road lamps.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:38 PM
Drifting

I dont reply much on this forum, but it bothers me when people like you reply to this person, with an answer like that. You make it sound like you never break the law, and that you never speed. I'll put money that you go at least go 5mph over the posted speed limit. I just hate it when rule breakers point out things to other rule breakers.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:46 PM
Subie Dubie

who is being bitchy?
Me or the guy whinning about getting caught for speeding when he admits to it? Or the multitude of posters reply with babble about who I am and how I drive.
Come on now!

I saw the thread, read the replies, and I see a bunch of people who must think that they should be able to drive above the limit, and that by simply buying a fast car they are entitled to blaze away at whatever speed they feel is safe for them on that day. I am sure that all of you have been to a high speed driving school.

And SleeperS never said "Hey guys watch out for this road..." he wasn't warning you, he was pissed that he was caught, and tried to lay the blame on those who caught him.

spiroh, I am sure that everyone who disagrees with you pisses you off. That is much easier than thinking about the point that they are making and coming up with a reply.

stangsrlame, how was he screwed? He admitted that he was going even faster than he was cited for?

eclipse, who said take it analy? I say take it like a man ( if you are male ) and have your day in court. Don't try and act like the cops have nothing better to do. To them you are just another joker that they have to endure on a daily basis. Those cops are the same people who scrape up many a 20something off the road when they plow that nice coupe into something in a single car accident.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just trying to hold up a mirror to some foolish thinking.

</font>
I apologize for my earlier reply when i suggested you purchase a Buick.I realize that they do sell models that exceed 65MPH.
After reading your replies i suggest that you purchase a Schwinn.Oh,and please stay out of the left lane.
Much love

Old 02-21-2001, 09:10 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spiroh:
I dont reply much on this forum, but it bothers me when people like you reply to this person, with an answer like that. You make it sound like you never break the law, and that you never speed. I'll put money that you go at least go 5mph over the posted speed limit. I just hate it when rule breakers point out things to other rule breakers. </font>
One thing to note, whatever the law enforcement tries hard to enforce a "weak" enforcement startegy, then it is natural to observe that people will do their best to take advantage of that weakness.

If you would like to stop speeding, then:
1) Make it illegal to make, sell or own any vehicle that goes faster than 15 miles over the max speed limit (65MPH +15MPH = 80MPH).
2) have a speed "limiter" to be installed in each vehicle on the road
3) have a wireless "speed sensor" that would instentanously report your speed "over the limit" to the local Authorities.

If you think that this strategy would never ever be adopted in the land of the car, US.
Then, why not enforce "high performance driving school" and allow a no speed limit HW startegy as it is the case in Germany?

I guess the effort/moeny exerted in the enforcing the trafic law is better spent in educating the drivers to be a "better able drivers at any speed".

BTW, In US, I never saw a publically funded TV programs that preaches the "Know your car, its limits, and how to safely operate a car at any speed, on snow, wet or dry pavements."

------------------
Black, Eboney, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks.
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards,
- Winter mats,
- Trunk liner,
- Acura Spoiler.
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator.
- PIAA 19169 road lamps.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:22 PM
Instructor

Can you see these Aerial Vascars? I think there's one on I-94 in Illinois.. That stretch of road is always open to push the throttle for a nice cruise... Never thought One-Time could possibly catch me there although I've seen other plp get caught..Sorry 'bout the rap dude.. To bad VA outlaws radar detectors.. How do you guys manage to drive this baby without fearing getting caught any second? U must have the SR1 or something as a form of detection...
...Can someone post where the speed traps across the states are? I heard that this has been available on the net, but don't remember the links or company that did that.

------------------
'01 3.2CL-S (BLACK &lt;&gt; EBONY) W/ NAVIGAT. KIT
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
~ REAR SPOILER ~ ** ~ACURA NOSE GUARD BRA~
~GOLD EMBLEM KIT + GRILLE~ ** ~ROOF VISOR~
~MUD GUARDS~ ** ~WOOD TRIM KIT~
~MAHOGANY SHIFT KNOB~
~ CARGO NET~ ** ~ WHEEL LOCKS~
~35% METALLIC CHROME TINT (all doors)~
~V-1 RADAR DETECTOR W/ REMOTE~
~MOTOROLA HANDSFREE PRO-INSTALL PHONE KIT~
~ALPINE 350W AMP - W/ 12" XTANT SPEAKER~
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Joey's Mistress
Old 02-21-2001, 09:24 PM
Banned

Uh...just to throw in my 2 cents....SPEED does not kill...its the idiots that don't pay attention on freeways and highways that kill...In Germany, there are no speed laws on the Autobahn....you know why??? Because no one drives in the left lane except to pass. I remember my French teacher telling me that if Americans had to pass a French driver's license test.....80% of Americans would not have a license....so, speeding isn't really a crime...besides, cops routinely let you speed 10mph (if they didn't, people would be sitting in bumper-tobumper traffic forever), unless they have a radar gun. Well, just my thoughts.

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
and in 6 days (and counting)
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
(next month)
Comptech Headers
Old 02-21-2001, 11:46 PM
Intermediate

First of all, i wasnt even gonna post this story untill a fellow board member asked me too, second of couse i was warning everyone on this forum about this gay ass vascar system. Look man (Lilfeat) if u wanna drive your type S the speed limit at all times then be my guest but leave those who enjoy dring the F*** alone.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:50 PM
Intermediate

***driving I mean.
Old 02-22-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro

we need a speeders support group!!

getting a ticket is very traumatic. many of us need to vent with other people when a stressful event like this happens.

He wasn't like driving fast to be on "world's most dangerous drivers". He pulled over and respected the law.

The additional tickets were B.S....ie: money for the Christmas ball.

AND we don't need high & mighty folks to tell us to suck it up!! Remember, what goes around, comes round. Don't post any driving woes, lilfeat.
Old 02-22-2001, 01:18 AM
Meat Popsicle

I never said I don't speed. But I wouldn't go 100mph on a public road. You see, there are cops out there trying to catch speeders, don't you know. I implied that I wouldn't whine if I did get caught.
Maybe you guys should take some of that cash you spend on mods for your street machine, get a car together and go racing on a track. Then maybe you'd find out how good of a driver you are. I did this some years back with a couple of buddies. It was a blast, and very humbling.
spiroh, unless you have a really advanced browser, you have no idea what kind of person I am. If you could read (with comprehension) my original post and it's follow ups, you might understand my point. You are too busy ripping back with the smarmy comments.

I could give a F*** how fast you drive. Just don't whine when the man outsmarts you.
Somehow a radar detector is ok for you, but an airplane or copter is unfair for the mounties.

Sleeper, sorry you got tagged, but they ain't playing unfair. When you play with fire you can get burned. Maybe you should enroll in a physics class over at JM.

I'm done on this one!

------------------
lilfeat
Nav, No Payments
Old 02-22-2001, 01:29 AM
Team Owner

I NEVER SPEED

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-22-2001, 03:02 AM
Race Director

I'm not going to get into this conversation or take sides except to say one thing,

I know it's a traumatic thing to get a ticket but there are some things you can do to prepare yourself:

1.Always think about what you are going to say to the police officer. That way you don't end up saying something stupid or accidental like:

a."No I don't know how fast I was going"
b."Thank you [for ticketing me]"
c.Calling a trooper a police officer or vice versa,
d."No I don't know what the speed limit is"
e."No I don't know why you stopped me"

2.Know that the more tickets you get, the initial trauma will always be there but it just lasts shorter. I can get over a ticket in just a few short days.

3.Find out in advance how to handle speeding tickets. I know what my court options are [in my state] and I know a speeding ticket is just a financial inconvenience.

4.Get some practice. I used to go out driving looking for cops (testing my radar detector, too). That way I knew how I would respond when I saw a cop in position and I got to know their tactics (for instance there appears to be no rolling radar in Kansas/Missouri :eek

5.Finally know how you insurance is going to be impacted in advance. After getting a ticket, it's a lousy wait the next day reading thru the fine print in your policy or calling the agent try to figure out how big this ticket really is.

I know that when I get pulled over for a speeding ticket, the cops might have saved my life. You can speed all you want, it's not always bad. In fact, sometimes it is good. But one mistake and you'll end up in a small box not for a few decades or for several centuries, but forever and an eternity. Think about it.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 02-22-2001).]
Old 02-22-2001, 11:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Speeding tickets (all tickets) are the local gov's way of collecting additional tax money. It's all about budgets. I wish I could pay x amount of cash upfront and be left alone. Never happen so radar detector on, stealth paint on, K40 jammer soon.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 02-22-2001, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Kensteele,
I have to disagree with you...I was sent to driving safety school and they said to play dumb and it worked for me.
a. Never admit you knew you were speeding
b. No comment
c. Address them as Sir
d. Never tell them you know what the speed limit is
e. Never admit that you know why you were stopped.

I got pulled over doing 65 in a 35 mph zone and the cop let me go...but i did have a clean driving record.

Oh yeah, if you were caught speeding and if there was a semi-truck near you...tell the officer that you were trying to pass the truck and didn't notice what the speed limit was. Thats what the instructor told us to say if it ever happened.

------------------
White/Ebony CL Type S with Navi...no mods until i get my tax return money.
Old 02-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Meat Popsicle

"Speeding tickets (all tickets) are the local gov's way of collecting additional tax money. "

Do you actually think that the government makes money off of speeding tickets. Once you factor in the police, the court etc. do you really think that its a money making buisness?
Maybe it is, but it doesn't sound like a good buisness case to me.
I guess in some of the classic little town speed trap situations it might be a profitable deal, but not in the urban environment.
Besides, if they want more taxes, they just add tax on sales or income.

------------------
lilfeat
Nav, No Payments