raped a GTP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBullet
If your videos are not that big, I can host them on 5thgenmaximas.com. Let me know.
Thanks dude...I will let you know
Old 10-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by TypeSKiller
like i said....some people just choose to live in the past.
Nothing wrong with the past. Cars back then had their own identity unlike 99% of the cars today that are similar.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Advanced

Anyone ever hear a Z06 at WOT? One word....... sweet.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:09 PM
10th Gear

Mr. Calbert, I knew that name sounded familiar. To this day people still talk about your contributions to the GP community. In fact, there's a recent thread on clubGP asking who was the first to hit 13's without nitrous. Was it you by chance?

I remember reading the archives on grandprix.net. Wow, without people like you that sparked the interest and took time to test out different products, where would our aftermarket be? I thank you sir

Originally posted by scalbert
I retired from the GP community coming up on three years ago when there was no clubGP message board. At that time there was only an email Listerv of which I was known as Steve Calbert. I still get emails nearly daily concerning so of the write ups I did which were posted on grandprix.net. I tried most of the current mods and some failed mods years ago that are (or not) available for the GTP. 40lb injectors, ARC2, ERL Aquamist, etc...
Old 10-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Quik4Dr
In fact, there's a recent thread on clubGP asking who was the first to hit 13's without nitrous. Was it you by chance?
Unfortunately no, it was not me. I had the pulley on, with the Magnuson nosedrive, in early '98 with the intake, exhaust and PCM but never made it to the track until much later. However, later on in that same spring Thrasher started doing pulley swaps with the tool available later. Once that occurred there were several people that immediately got into the 13's. I can't recall who the first was as the name eludes me.

That was a fun time as we all were learning about the car trying whatever to get a little more power. This is not unlike we are today with the CL-S. It has only been recently that I started messing with the car to try and determine the little things that might help. Hopefully in a couple of years we can have a few enthusiast start supplying specific parts for this car just as what happed with the GTP.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Intermediate

if they are discontinuing the CL-S do you think aftermarket companies will pursue it b/c of it's short lifespan? just wondering,
they are discontinuing it right?
Old 10-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Robs98gtp
if they are discontinuing the CL-S do you think aftermarket companies will pursue it b/c of it's short lifespan? just wondering,
they are discontinuing it right?
There are rumors of it being discontinued but nothing confirmed. However, the TL-S shares the same drivetrain (in auto form) and many other components. Its sales are still doing well so there is plenty of reason for aftermarket support.