Ran a 530I

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ran a 530I

I got to run a BMW 530I on the highway and he was looking for it. This time I did not cut anyone off or was I driving like a asshole , I just passed him at a 90 mph and he probably took offense to it. The guy catches up to me as I am just cruising at 90 and points ahead as to say lets go. You don't have to tell me twice , I hit it and it was even till about 115 then I pulled away from him. We both fly through the EZ pass at about 70( ticket is in the mail I'm sure ) and then we hit again and this time it wasn't even close. I get to my exit to go home and this guy takes the same exit. He pulls up next to me at the light and says to me " What you got in that thing" I told him " I tell you what I got if you tell me how much you paid for that car" He says 50k , then I tell him you just got smoked by 33K TL and then I bounced , laughing my whole way home.

By the way my TL is bone stock except for the lip kit.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KPTL
We both fly through the EZ pass at about 70( ticket is in the mail I'm sure )
Old 04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
noodles tastes good.

woohoo!! good run.

seems like you're bait for bmw owners hehe.

curious tho, how much power are them 530's? is ur's a 6spd tl?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Advanced

Word..I think BMW owners don't like me too much. I did a search and found out that it only runs 225 hp. All that money and no power. Now if it was a 545 he should take me , they have 325hp..I wish mine was a 6spd but it isnt.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
That was a really gay response. People don't buy a 530i to go fast. If he was being a prick, I'd understand, but he was just asking what you had under the hood. But each car maker has it's pricks. If it was a 545i 6 speed, he would have put a buslength on you.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Relax!

Originally Posted by FastAcura
That was a really gay response. People don't buy a 530i to go fast. If he was being a prick, I'd understand, but he was just asking what you had under the hood. But each car maker has it's pricks. If it was a 545i 6 speed, he would have put a buslength on you.

If he didnt buy the 530 to go fast then he shouldnt have pointed ahead to race. But he was trying to go fast, and was dealt with accordingly....by a car thats nearly half the price.

Good kill!!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
I

Originally Posted by 6MTpromises
If he didnt buy the 530 to go fast then he shouldnt have pointed ahead to race. But he was trying to go fast, and was dealt with accordingly....by a car thats nearly half the price.

Good kill!!

That's stupid. If you race a 95 turbo civic, and he beats you, they don't say "I just beat you in a $5K with 5K in mods"

It's like a 330ci beating the shit out of the new RL, they could make the same argument. People don't have to be pricks, the 530i driver just asked what he had.

This kind of reminds me when allmotor raced that G35C guy and he was being a prick. They come in all shapes and sizes.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kill!!
Trust me, they can be fast. Through some twisties, he would have handed him his ass on a silver plater. It would have been a better race from a stop because the BMW could have taken advantage of RWD.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

those cars sure do have a good top end and it shows from your first run. at least you got to talk to the guy. everytime i try to talk to the individual, they RUN! even if i lost the race!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:51 AM
noodles tastes good.

That's stupid. If you race a 95 turbo civic, and he beats you, they don't say "I just beat you in a $5K with 5K in mods"

It's like a 330ci beating the shit out of the new RL, they could make the same argument. People don't have to be pricks, the 530i driver just asked what he had.

This kind of reminds me when allmotor raced that G35C guy and he was being a prick. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Who give a flying fuck, the guy wanted to run, and anytime you humiliate a cocky bmw owner, that statement served him well.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:02 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by n00dleboy
Who give a flying fuck, the guy wanted to run, and anytime you humiliate a cocky bmw owner, that statement served him well.

Word..You have to ignore dumb comments sometimes it aint worth acknowledging them. That was a nice run and the bimmer got what he deserved.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I

Originally Posted by n00dleboy

What exactly made him "cocky"? Sounds more like a cocky Acura owner.

Sometimes I'm ashamed.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 PM
BUY MY CL - see garage!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, KP, just out of curiosity, how do you know it was a 530 if you were in front the whole time? jk........
Old 04-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lokijibber
Hey, KP, just out of curiosity, how do you know it was a 530 if you were in front the whole time? jk........

I saw it after he came next to me to ask what I was driving...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Advanced

What exactly made him "cocky"? Sounds more like a cocky Acura owner.

Sometimes I'm ashamed.
You need to be ashamed making comments like that... with a name fast acura and your complaning... your one of these guys that gives us a bad name... !!!!!stop complaning..." cocky"... are you an Acura owner or a little bitch... because if your an acura owner then you would realize, what I did was for our team...fool!!!!!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Old 04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
I

LMFAO, "team" A jackass is a jackass, wheather he drives a BMW or an Acura. I don't care what "team" he's on.

You and the guy with that 2.2 CL are giving "us" a bad name. Kids shouldn't be driving Acuras.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Yo KPTL don't waste your time on this guy. He obviously can't read.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Advanced

LMFAO, "team" A jackass is a jackass, wheather he drives a BMW or an Acura. I don't care what "team" he's on.

You and the guy with that 2.2 CL are giving "us" a bad name. Kids shouldn't be driving Acuras.
Kids!!!! your 21 man... so young!!!!, Dude your not worth me saying anything else, I see you made your choice!!!!! BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro

FastAcura = STFU NOOB and grow da fuk up.
What no respect for Acura since you driving BMW now?
BTW, 530i was taken. Damn I'm wasting my time with this NOOB.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I

Originally Posted by av6ent
FastAcura = STFU NOOB and grow da fuk up.
What no respect for Acura since you driving BMW now?
BTW, 530i was taken. Damn I'm wasting my time with this NOOB.

You see pricks in all cars, including Acuras and BMWs - but this time it wasn't a BMW driver.

Good job giving Acura owners a good name.

There is no doubt which car is faster, but there's no reason to be a prick. And what does this have to do with the manufacturer? If it was a BMW driver who said that I'd call him the same thing. I don't pick sides just because we own the same car.

The person makes the car, not the other way around.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
You see pricks in all cars, including Acuras and BMWs - but this time it wasn't a BMW driver.

Good job giving Acura owners a good name.

There is no doubt which car is faster, but there's no reason to be a prick. And what does this have to do with the manufacturer? If it was a BMW driver who said that I'd call him the same thing. I don't pick sides just because we own the same car.

The person makes the car, not the other way around.
Yes, I agree you do see pricks in all cars.... but how are you so sure that BMW driver wasn't being a prick when he rev his engine?? You're talking like you were at the scene witnessing this whole thing and that's why it's getting other memebers upset.... it's his story and let him tell it the way he wants it.... obviously u can't come to acura forum and call acura owners pricks... you are not being smart about it... on top of that.. calling ppl that are older than u 'kids' ??? now that's straight-up retarded IMO... learn to respect despite what kind of comments they might throw at u... I don't care if his TL beat the living shit out of BMW, it's his win and he wants to share it with others... so LET HIM!!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro

FastAcura
:whocares:

Once modded EVO killed 360 Modena.
Do you think almost $200,000 Ferrari cares that much, he just smiled and went on?
Old 04-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro

Regardless, kill is a kill.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I

Originally Posted by baboya96
Yes, I agree you do see pricks in all cars.... but how are you so sure that BMW driver wasn't being a prick when he rev his engine?? You're talking like you were at the scene witnessing this whole thing and that's why it's getting other memebers upset.... it's his story and let him tell it the way he wants it.... obviously u can't come to acura forum and call acura owners pricks... you are not being smart about it... on top of that.. calling ppl that are older than u 'kids' ??? now that's straight-up retarded IMO... learn to respect despite what kind of comments they might throw at u... I don't care if his TL beat the living shit out of BMW, it's his win and he wants to share it with others... so LET HIM!!

I don't care that he beat him. I could probably help out a lot more people regarding their Acuras on this forum than this guy who joined the forum to talk about a race against an underpowered overweight BMW is his stock auto TL.

But lets say you race a civic hatchback and he beats you. You come to the next light and you say "hey, what do you have in that thing" and he says "I beat you in a car that cost 5 times less" and drives off.

I couldn't care less what he drives - that's being a prick. Revving an engine or wanting to race is something totally different. But that's really childish.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
I

Originally Posted by av6ent
FastAcura
:whocares:

Once modded EVO killed 360 Modena.
Do you think almost $200,000 Ferrari cares that much, he just smiled and went on?

Exactly. But the Evo guy didn't roll down his window and say "I just beat you in a car that costs less than 5 times the price of yours."

It's all about showing respect. I don't see how asking "what do you have under there" makes someone talk shit after a race. Usually people give a thumbs up or chat a little.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't care that he beat him. I could probably help out a lot more people regarding their Acuras on this forum than this guy who joined the forum to talk about a race against an underpowered overweight BMW is his stock auto TL.

But lets say you race a civic hatchback and he beats you. You come to the next light and you say "hey, what do you have in that thing" and he says "I beat you in a car that cost 5 times less" and drives off.

I couldn't care less what he drives - that's being a prick. Revving an engine or wanting to race is something totally different. But that's really childish.
you know what u have to realize tho??? this guy wrote his story under 'Street Encounters'... section made just for ppl to tell their racing stories.. personally.. i'm not the type to race anyone or even encourage ppl from doing so... I get annoyed when ppl rev their engines next to mine hoping I would go for it...

Let me ask you this then... assuming u r the type to race ppl...let's say u ARE the one driving that civic hatchback and u just raced a car that costs 5 times more than urs... won't u get some kind of satisfaction out of that keep in mind you drive to race and speed is the most important factor to u when it comes to automobile... he just expressed his joy after beating a car that costs hella more than his... that's why I still find it wrong for you to come out and call him a prick.... if racing his top proriety, then let him enjoy it.. no need for you to step up and tell him how to act..
Old 04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Relax!

i would feel ashamed and embarassed to lose to a "lowly" civic, but it happens, just like bmws losing to acuras all the time....btw, i see you switched "teams" and got a beamer...that explains the bitterness

maye you should change your name to notasFastasAcura... j/p man
Old 04-21-2005, 05:26 PM
noodles tastes good.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
I

i would feel ashamed and embarassed to lose to a "lowly" civic, but it happens, just like bmws losing to acuras all the time....btw, i see you switched "teams" and got a beamer...that explains the bitterness

Haha, no I didn't switch teams, I still got love for the Acura, that's why I'm still here. I would have said the same thing if it was a benz.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
looks like things are settling down here. if there's anymore name calling i'm closing it.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:52 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
FastAcura I totally agree, not to many people have any respect nowadays. He wanted to run you, he lost, and he asked what you had done. Not everyone knows how much power every single car makes, or what kind of times every car runs. You decided to be more than just a little cocky, and it shows. How would you feel if I beat you in my CL-S and taunted you by saying my car was older and cost less? What does that have to do with the race? A real man would have said just a stock auto V6 with 270hp, and he would have respected the TL a little more. After that encounted I'm sure he just thought 'what a dick'.

Whatever happened to just running for fun, and having a good attitude about it, regardless if you win or lose, or what kind of car it is?