RACING TICKET!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001 | 04:16 PM
Instructor

RACING TICKET!! HELP!

Last night after F & F, i got a bit of racing in me, so i went racing on westheimer. After some good races i slowed down, that's when the cop pulled me over. at the time i was going about 40mph in a 35. he gave me a ticket for "Participating in a vehicle speed contest" and a "60 in a 35" ticket. I asked him to show me his radar read out and he claims that he already reset it and it won't show anything, BULLSHIT. does anyone have experience with this violations? I thought that they have to show you their radar read out. plus, racing is a conceptual thing, how do i beat this???? thanks.

------------------
'01 CL-S black bone stock
with the best radar in the world, Valentine One
Old 06-24-2001 | 04:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Do you know where he came from?....could have paced you, but he can just say he got you on radar, he didn't have to show you anything (proof) wise.

There is really nothing you can do but fight it and BS the judge....but, you are guilty- aren't you?

Beltfed
01 CL-S
00 Viper GTS

[This message has been edited by Beltfed (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001 | 04:31 PM
Race Director

In my experience in traffic court and cases, it is my understanding that the police do not have to show you the radar read-out at the scene.

As far as a racing ticket, a speed content probably means racing with other cars which is a visual observation. He probably doesn't have to have a radar clocking in order to prove that.

I have two words of advice: lawyer and plea-bargain. It's the American way.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-24-2001 | 04:59 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davematthews-CL-S:
Last night after F & F, i got a bit of racing in me, so i went racing on westheimer. After some good races i slowed down, that's when the cop pulled me over. at the time i was going about 40mph in a 35. he gave me a ticket for "Participating in a vehicle speed contest" and a "60 in a 35" ticket. I asked him to show me his radar read out and he claims that he already reset it and it won't show anything, BULLSHIT. does anyone have experience with this violations? I thought that they have to show you their radar read out. plus, racing is a conceptual thing, how do i beat this???? thanks.

</font>
Maybe before you went to see that movie you should have stopped by here. There was a topic here warning everyone that the police are on "alert" everywhere that movie is showing.

Glad you're in one piece.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]DOM 03/2001.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.
Bra pics 5/13/01.
My car in movies! Well, it was! Photopoint dropped the company that supplied this feature for them. No more movies.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!
Old 06-24-2001 | 05:06 PM
Safety Car

Yep cops don't have to show you the radar gun to prove to you that they used it. Seriously though...do what kensteele said and go with a lawyer because if you go on your own, you will be screwed..

You were racing and that is probably where he was watching you...just waiting for you to pull away so that the other racers would be caught when they left.

------------------
Tw1112
Old 06-24-2001 | 05:22 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
In my experience in traffic court and cases, it is my understanding that the police do not have to show you the radar read-out at the scene.

As far as a racing ticket, a speed content probably means racing with other cars which is a visual observation. He probably doesn't have to have a radar clocking in order to prove that.

I have two words of advice: lawyer and plea-bargain. It's the American way.

</font>
http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001296.html

ken check it out

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

"I come for the Car Talk, but stay for the Ramblings"
MOD @ WWW.POSTWHORES.COM
Old 06-24-2001 | 05:33 PM
The Shadee Member

It's my understanding that in the State of California (and it should be similar else where) that if law enforcement doesn't show you what they clocked you at...the judge will be in your favor...(if you fight it...and you should).

Find out the what the law says in TX, cuz we shouldn't be punked by the poepoes just becuz you don't know...

------------------
97' Silver 3.0
Old 06-24-2001 | 05:46 PM
Racer

Well according to my years of fighting with Houston Court system, I had soo many tickets, but never got guilty or anything, and my record are still clean and perfect.

Well this is wat i would do, go to the court several days before your court day. Tell the clerk that you will be out of Houston for business, for couple months, and you need extension.... Once you done that, they will offer you another court day which most likely will be 6months... after that, do the same thing again, which will be another 6 months.... After a year later, go to court, and I do not think the cops will still show up after a year, then you will be dismissed..... IF after a year, the cop still show up, you still have an option to take defense driving! I also have the hook up, where you only pay $40, and they give you a cert. of completion, thats mean you dun need to sit in class for 6 hours!

Thats wat i did, and thats how i got away with all my tickets.... As far as fighting the Houston Ct. system? Don't worry about it, Houston Ct system is one of those badly corruped in US.... Either you get a lawyer for $75-100, get it dismissed OR extended it and take your chances.... If you need a good lawyer, I have one also, he fought all my parents, friends, relatives' tickets, so I strongly suggesst it!

------------------
Edward
99TL, 01 CLP with stuff.
Houston(Sugarland),TX
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

</font>
Well I don't know if taking Defensive driving is an option for you since you have two violations (whe I got my 'Racing' ticket quite a few months back it was just for 'Exhibition of Acceleration/Contest of speed' no speeding involved).

Who wrote you the ticket?

Best bet is to seek out one of those traffice/ticket dismissing lawyers if you can't take DD.

------------------
01'
Black/Ebony CLS
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:58 AM
Instructor

officer monton in a slick top, those should be illegal, whatever happened to those days the the police cars looked like mickey mouse on wheels and you could spot them 10 miles away!!?? well, shit. the funny thing is that i am picking up my v1 tommorrow from the UPS after sending it in for repairs, fuck.

------------------
Old 06-25-2001 | 01:27 AM
Retired. Not available.

sorry to hear the news.

When did you get the ticket? before or after you met me? Man, I thought you knew better than racing down Westheimer that nite. Cops were everywhere. I drove like a 75 yrs old lady, watching the front, sides and rears for racers so they wouldnt hit me. Gosh, it was crazy out there.

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Silver Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Sport Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
DOM 01/2001 #31432
Old 06-25-2001 | 09:36 AM
Instructor

yup, it was after we met up, i just got caugth up in the racing fever. you should of seen exxon on westeimer and beltway. about 20 supras, 10 vettes, 6 rx7s and a lambo countasch! it was nutty! yeah i really shouldn't of gone racing but "in those 15 seconds or less nothing else matters" (that was an edited quote from F & F.

------------------
Old 06-25-2001 | 11:52 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

yup, it was after we met up, i just got caugth up in the racing fever. you should of seen exxon on westeimer and beltway. about 20 supras, 10 vettes, 6 rx7s and a lambo countasch! it was nutty! yeah i really shouldn't of gone racing but "in those 15 seconds or less nothing else matters" (that was an edited quote from F & F.

</font>
One question did you win the race?

------------------
Drive Fast Live Fast!
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Did they pull a bunch of ya over, or did they get you leaving? Did they get the guy you raced? The cop probably just saw ya racing and never got ya with the gun. But with growing problem of street racing and the negative attention the F&F are giving it, will make ya case hard to sell to a pissed off Judge. Get a lawyer...

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-25-2001 | 12:10 PM
KISS MY

GET A LAWYER... They Know what to do.. If he did not use radar..Did he pull any body else over.. How can he prove that you were racing... take the POS to court.. he ruined your day ruin his....

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
old lady zero vs sigscl 1
Old 06-25-2001 | 03:37 PM
Racer

yeah i really shouldn't of gone racing but "in those 15 seconds or less nothing else matters" (that was an edited quote from F & F.
</font>
to quote the movie accurately, it was "..in those 10 seconds or less..."

------------------
CoMpTeCh HeAdErS
eIbAcH sPrInGs
AeM cAi
Old 06-25-2001 | 04:49 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJ Silver Type-S:

</font>
Haha in the movie it did say "10 seconds or less" but he was referring to our cars where it would be more applicable to say "15 seconds or less"

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
DOM: 10/2000
Old 06-25-2001 | 04:58 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amirsafdari:
http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001296.html

ken check it out

</font>
You little post whore weasel!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:02 PM
Banned

15.5 seconds or less
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by e1828:
Haha in the movie it did say "10 seconds or less" but he was referring to our cars where it would be more applicable to say "15 seconds or less"

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-26-2001 | 12:50 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SJ Silver Type-S:

</font>
yeah, but in my case it is 15 seconds or less. =( i was the only one he pulled over and i did win the previous race.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davematthews-CL-S (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-27-2001 | 01:32 PM
1st Gear

Sorry about the tickets. Since you're in Houston, I'm going to give you the name of my Houston lawyer. He's consistently saved my ass, including one ticket for 103 in a 55 in Magnolia. Usually, he charges about $150, but he's usually made that up in savings on the ticket -- plus, he's kept them all off my record, which is the important thing, right?

His name is Blaise Heaney. Contact him at 713-667-6497 or 4545 bissonnet suite 116 Bellaire, Texas 77401
Old 06-27-2001 | 01:35 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:

)

</font>
well atleast in california they do
Old 06-27-2001 | 01:38 PM
Racer

Check your ticket for a radar distribution number... that is the number that is in reference to the radar clocking your specific car... if it does not have one there is no real proof and it becomes word against word

------------------
The future is uncertain and the end is always near
Nighthawk Black CL-S stock