Old 01-02-2001, 02:26 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Raced a piece of crap IS300

LOL!

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura Cl Type S:Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo:H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-02-2001, 02:29 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
lmao

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Old 01-02-2001, 03:48 PM
magnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh so now we can romp on the corolla are you guys sure this one wont be closed.........btw
i toasted one the other

------------------
2001 cl type s, voltage blue, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims, greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, slammed on nex suspension
Old 01-02-2001, 04:22 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
oh so now we can romp on the corolla are you guys sure this one wont be closed.........btw
i toasted one the other
</font>
LOL... positive it wont be closed... you can piss on whatever you want here

Either way... I have a hatred for the IS ever since I just got back from lunch and an IS300 with license "E BIZ" took my parkign spot!!!! BASTARD!! ITS WAR!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit

Retired: 2000 Acura 3.2 TL
Old 01-02-2001, 04:32 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:

Either way... I have a hatred for the IS ever since I just got back from lunch and an IS300 with license "E BIZ" took my parkign spot!!!! BASTARD!! ITS WAR!

</font>
Bastard!!!!! That is just wrong!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- mud guards
- fenderwell trim
- winter floor mats
- full nose mask

"hockey + music + cars = life"
Old 01-02-2001, 05:51 PM
Suzuka Master

You mean corolla-S.

LOL

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Swayz next... Finally Polarg m-6.
Old 01-03-2001, 01:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

do u guys back up into your 'favorite spot' rather than park head on as i do?

------------------
YuppieCL
-Silver '01 CL-S w/ Navi
-Comptech springs
-35% Llumar tint
-Full nose mask
Old 01-03-2001, 05:38 AM
400 RWHP

I always back in to it.

Anyone else think that the ugliest part of the IS is when its coming straight at you, it looks like the hood slopes down too much.

looks like its got a busted nose like some people do where their nose bulges outward.

its fugly lookin

Old 01-03-2001, 12:01 PM
The Creator

LOL... yea... I back into my parkin spot too...

As for the IS coming at me thing... dont know... have yet to see one coming at me... I usually either see them parked or at a stop light... I've only seen 4 or 5 since their introduction... however, I have seen quite a few parked since christmas... maybe presents?

Those lexus commercials ALMOST make me wanna buy one

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit

Retired: 2000 Acura 3.2 TL
Old 01-03-2001, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
(snip) Those lexus commercials ALMOST make me wanna buy one
</font>
You know that's true !! I actually kind of like them in some colors. If the tailights were different, I'd like them more, but they do have a sweet profile. What makes me hate them is the owners. That IS300.net site is a joke (but it's funny to watch you guys agitate them)

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!
Old 01-03-2001, 03:09 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
I back into my spots always too

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura Cl Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 01-03-2001, 11:02 PM
Pro

Be nice boys!
Old 01-04-2001, 01:27 PM
Burning Brakes

</font>
Show no mercy!!!!!!

------------------
--------------
1998 Acura 2.3CL
Coming Soon:
'02 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Old 01-04-2001, 11:03 PM
Adult Supervision

... I just got back from lunch and an IS300 with license "E BIZ" took my parkign spot!!!!
</font>
Should now read: "E-Bankrupt"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Originally posted by YuppieCL:

do u guys back up into your 'favorite spot' rather than park head on as i do?
</font>
No, I usually do a 4 wheel slide into it like Chevy Chase on Family Vacation.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-05-2001, 02:20 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

here are a few more slam topics for the IS... just so we catch up a little:

smells like 'butt' when it accelerates hard
dinky little 4-door
fisher-price interior
often mistaken for a toyota echo

Old 01-05-2001, 02:22 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

i'll have to try that 4 wheel slide-gonna be reel fun wit da foot parking brake!!
Old 01-06-2001, 07:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
In the CLS, right? Is the Porshe still getting worked on?

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
Best 0-60. 6.08 Gtech Pro (Preheaders)

My Car
Old 01-08-2001, 05:35 AM
Suzuka Master

</font>
Oh my...I HAD THE SAME happen to ME!
(an ass of a neighbor knew I always always park there and still took the spot even though there was plenty plenty of spots elsewhere}

but it was really a COROLLA!

i dunno whats going on but i know three Corolla owners who live near me

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Blue Sub 6
*Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
*Polarg BlHybrid M-14 Turning Signal/M-4 Side Markers next
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832

[This message has been edited by KavexTrax (edited 01-08-2001).]
Old 01-26-2001, 07:44 AM
Drifting

Honestly the IS doesn't look that bad on the outside. It is the inside that sucks. It is the RWD in a slow ass car that sucks. It is the engine that sucks. It is the automatic with a crappy sportshift on the steering wheel that sucks. It is the price that sucks.

------------------
True Hip-hop junkie
Old 02-15-2001, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

hey soundspeed, learn a little before you open your mouth next time. RWD in a sloww as car that sucks? last time i checked IS300 is only .5sec off of the CL-S. by the way, the engine is the same as the supra n/a motor...which will easily hit up 650RWHP and has been done. u see any CL-S that produces that much power or even run 11s quarter mile time with full interior and audio/video system? i think not. oh and crappy sports shift?? lets not talk about acura's. dont hate, because im willing to put my money on it that the fastest IS300 is faster than the fastest CL-S.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima
Old 02-15-2001, 07:38 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
hey soundspeed, learn a little before you open your mouth next time. RWD in a sloww as car that sucks? last time i checked IS300 is only .5sec off of the CL-S. by the way, the engine is the same as the supra n/a motor...which will easily hit up 650RWHP and has been done. u see any CL-S that produces that much power or even run 11s quarter mile time with full interior and audio/video system? i think not. oh and crappy sports shift?? lets not talk about acura's. dont hate, because im willing to put my money on it that the fastest IS300 is faster than the fastest CL-S.

</font>
hey? do you have the comptech s/c on the nsx? or any other mods?
Old 02-15-2001, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

no, its completely stock, except for the k40 radar system.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima
Old 02-15-2001, 09:03 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
dont hate, because im willing to put my money on it that the fastest IS300 is faster than the fastest CL-S.

</font>

so what? the stock CL is faster, cheaper, more luxurious, and better looking than the stock IS! you can make anything fast.......but you cannot deny the acura is one of the best cars for the money

------------------
In my dreams: 2001 CL Type-S
Right now: 92 Integra
Old 02-16-2001, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

Thats if you like one of the plainest cars there are. Ohhhhh thats right who would want to be noticed in a CL? I know I wouldnt.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FutureCL:

so what? the stock CL is faster, cheaper, more luxurious, and better looking than the stock IS! you can make anything fast.......but you cannot deny the acura is one of the best cars for the money

</font>
------------------
2001 Lexus IS300

[This message has been edited by triz (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 04:11 AM
1st Gear

i dogged the shit out of 2 cl-s last weekend..so what makes it so special you raced an is300..dunno

------------------
no..you didnt beat me..actually..if you look about 40 car lengths ahead of you instead of looking in your rearview..thats my dawgs ass your staring at
Old 02-16-2001, 05:35 AM
Cruisin'

I drove an IS300 and thought it was a decent car, and I liked the dealer treatment much better than the guys at the Mercedes place next door when I looked at a new C-class.

You've got to give credit to Lexus for offering a pretty decent 3-series competitor at a value price. However, the lack of a manual in a car targeted so directly at BMW is unconscionable (the CL is not really a BMW competitor, even though Acura's website compares it).

In terms of straight line performance Lexus_IS300, the IS doesn't compare to the CL-S. If you want to compare magazine times, Motor Trend had the CL-S 1 second faster to 60 and 0.7 seconds faster in teh quarter. That's about 7-8 car lengths - an ass whoopin by most definitions. And please, trying to get good power out of the normally aspirated I6 is not that easy. I've driven a couple of NA Supra conversions and they would have been better off just trading the car in on a factory turbo.

In terms of modifications, the J32 motor in the CL-S responds incredibly well to simple mods. How much power does your motor get from a simple header?

UL
Old 02-16-2001, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Prior to my obsession over the CL-S, I was really into the IS300. There were a few issues which turned me around.
A) Speed - The CL-S is a much faster car stock, and can be modded easily to be even faster (while still having a warrenty). The IS300 has some aftermarket interest from companies like Greddy. But these type of mods would probably void the warrenty and would make an already pricey car even more expensive. Which brings me to my next point.
B) Price - If I was looking for an sporty import sedan or coupe I would want that car to out-perform everything in it's price range. The CL-S does this and even stomps some of it's more expensive neighbours. Back to point "A", you could make a stock IS300 faster than a stock CL-S. But not with inexpensive, warrenty-maintaning, bolt-ons. In fact with all the left over money by buying a CL-S you could probably upgrade the brakes, handling, and plus some performance enhancements as well. Bottom line is with the same money you can get a CL-S which out-brakes, out handles, and blows the doors off an IS300.
In terms of appearance First let me say that the IS300 is a nice looking car. Case and point for this could be all the "altezza" tail-light conversions out there. CL-S is a sporty looking car as well. My question is: What good are looks when less-expensive cars are faster then you. And my last comment (even though it's a small point) is about fuel economy. The CL-S, even with it's performance edge is still more fuel efficient (CL-S 19MPG City, IS300 18MPG City).
Old 02-16-2001, 02:17 PM
3rd Gear

you guys need to quit hating. go ti is300.net. we dont talk mess about you guys, why you gotta go hate? grow up, be adults.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FutureCL:

</font>
so you would rather purchase a car that is made by honda who is known to have problems with the hp to torque ratio than get a real car? and yes you can mod any car to make it go faster, but who can do it with made style? not a honda. oh, and whats with your name? future_cl. so its obvious that you dont have one now, dont playa hate, participate. your probably just some weak kid who thinks hondas are the best car on earth. cant wait til you grow up to be a real man and learn what a real car can do.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:51 PM
Advanced

I'm not "hating" Ronin. I fact, I don't even have a CL-S…
The fact that I don't have a CL-S make my previous post even more valid. There isn't any opinionated emotions clouding my comparison that might come from owning one of the cars in question.
I am however looking for a new car in the near future. I though since this discussion was about both the CL-S and the IS300 I would state some of the information I found from comparing both cars. If comparing two cars is "hating" then car magazines must be the most hateful publications of all. There is nothing wrong with comparing cars especially if your interested to buy a new one like myself.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:57 PM
6 speed...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronin:
cant wait til you grow up to be a real man and learn what a real car can do.</font>
you'll prolly be wanting a real car, too...

Old 02-17-2001, 01:57 AM
Intermediate

Hi, I'm new here. Wanna race?

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:
Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom, HKS Hiper exhaust...and then there's the outside!

*SOLD*98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
Old 02-17-2001, 04:07 AM
Cruisin'

Wouldn't you have been better off just buying a Supra instead of dumping at least $10k into a turbo and engine control system on an engine not designed for it (compression is a little high)? I mean, it's not like your Accord where there wasn't a Honda turbo option to consider.

Anyways, don't take offense, but spending a lot of money on your car isn't going to earn anyone's respect for the model. But once it's running, be sure to drop by and let us know how fast it runs (and whether the tranny holds up - call Level 10).

UL
Old 02-17-2001, 05:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me know what the smog people (C.A.R.B) think of your setup -- have fun...

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ NAVI
  • Mud Guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
  • Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
  • Zaino magic
Old 02-17-2001, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

I'm not in California...our smog regulations aren't that tuff. And I put the money into this car to be different...plus I get an aditional 400lb weight savings over the Supra!

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300:
Cast iron turbo exahust manifold, 3 in downpipe, Spearco front mount intercooler, Garret TO4E turbocharger with V-band, air intake charger pipe and air filter, turbo charger heat shield, steelbraided oil feed line and oil return lines, HKS super-sequential blow-off valve, Turbonetics racegate wastegate, 550cc injectors, MSD DIS 4 digital ignition, Haltech E6K engine managment system, Haltech S3 sensor, Terminated wiring harness, Toyomoto crank trigger wheel and hub assembly, powdercoated pipes, power steering cooling lines, thermal heat resistant wire loom, HKS Hiper exhaust...and then there's the outside!

*SOLD*98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph

[This message has been edited by Accord-R (edited 02-17-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 04:28 PM
3rd Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tankmonkey:
you'll prolly be wanting a real car, too...

</font>
oh, wow. glad to see you can spell. prolly? ok, this is a forum for grown ups little kiddie. go play with your go toy cars now.
Old 02-18-2001, 03:32 AM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by triz:
Thats if you like one of the plainest cars there are. Ohhhhh thats right who would want to be noticed in a CL? I know I wouldnt. </font>
hey shit I love being seen in a CL, I like the IS too. Only because it has potential to be born again as a 4 door supra twin-turbo but $ for $ I would go with the CL-S....in fact I got my friend to drive the 330Ci, is300, CL-S...the CL was nicer inside, outside I would say it's a matter of taste. He bought the CL-S. The 330Ci is a joke at 42K. And the BMW's Sales lady can best serve me on her knees.
---
Gs400-TRd
Gs400 /jade /nakamichi /HID /HIDFogs /17" /Borla Kevlar Exhaust /TRd CAI
Old 02-19-2001, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

ey, TRIZ:
REALITY CHECK??!!??
UMM, UR P.O.S. is300 COMPARED TO THE TYPE-S?? WHAT U SMOKIN?? WE'LL DECIMATE YOU...
YOU PAID...WHAT?? 35 g'S FOR SOMETHING THAT'S WORTH: (WHAT IS THE COROLLA BASE PRICE BY THE WAY??) AND FOR LOOKS?? PSHH, HAVE YOU OPENED YOUR EYES INSIDE YOUR OWN CAR?? IT LOOKS EVEN WORSE THAN THE COROLLA! NOT EVEN LEATHER, ITS SUEDE AND WITH A PLASTIC "L" BADGE TACKED ONTO THE STEERING WHEEL! THE REASON I BOUGHT THE CL WAS CUZ OF THE GOODS FOR THE DOUGH RATIO....I AINT PAYING AN XTRA G FOR A MOONROOF, OR AN XTRA 2G'S FOR THE NAVI, OR AN XTRA 500 FOR THE HEATED SEATS, OR AN XTRA 500 FOR THE XENONS, ALL STANDARD ON THE CL...((OH YEA, AND IM ONLY 16))...PLUS, I THINK THAT MANY OF TEH CL-S OWNERS BOUGHT THE CL-S CUZ THETY TRULY LIKED IT BETTER, MONEY AINT A PROBLEM,,,THE CL-S IS JUST SIMPLY BETTER

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S, Taffeta White, non-navi, piaa roadlamps,spoiler, nosemask, k&n filter~~*~~
Is 300's SUCK and r POS's count is 9 IS's down, umm....bout 50,000 to go *haha* if u see me, youll be behind me
Old 02-19-2001, 12:38 PM
6 speed...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ronin:
oh, wow. glad to see you can spell. prolly? ok, this is a forum for grown ups little kiddie. go play with your go toy cars now.</font>
enlighten me, brainiac: what's a "go toy car?"
Old 02-27-2001, 12:58 AM
Ricky Bobby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey MR. Accord-R,
What about that nasty ass fake suede on the seats. That is real sorry, 35k and you do not even get real suede on the seats. And 400lbs savings on a Supra, ohhhh, can you say stupid ass, the Supra makes a killer statement and looks great unlike the crapy IS300 and least the Supra has real leather inside!!!!!!!!!

And one more thing, around here in NC, the L is so played out. You can have your IS300 and I bet you would not have one girl or guy pay you any attention. You drive a CL-S, girls and guys go freakin crazy over the car.

And one last thing, lets talk about service cost of your L!!!! Way more than the Acura!

------------------
2001 Type S NO Nav
White/Parchment/spoiler
20%metalized tint all around, 50% metalized tint on winshield, built in K40 front/rear radar, 12" Excursion Sub/amp, Comptech filter/headers

2000 Corvette
2000 Silverado
1999 Mercedes Benz SL500
1997 Mercedes Benz S500
1997 Porsche 911 turbo
1996 Accord EX V6

Quick Reply: Raced a piece of crap IS300