A question for the Philadelphia, PA area guys ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 08:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question for the Philadelphia, PA area guys ???

Have you ever been to the place called “The Wheel Thing”.
Also known as “Perzan Auto Radio”.
They are located at 2500 N. Broad St.

They are the closest authorized dealer for Giovanna wheels and I’d like to get a look at them before I buy.
Whenever I call the place, they are too busy to talk on the phone and it sounds like a madhouse in the background.

Is this a place that warrants a 70-mile drive for me to visit or is it just one of those “hole in the wall” shops with nothing in stock ???

Thanks for the info,
Shawn S
Old 02-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Safety Car

Shawn

This place is prolly 'ghetto', based on the location alone. If they cant provide quality service or information over the phone, I would say they prolly cant provide good service at all. I would stay away, but I am mostly basing that on the 'hood they are in.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:23 PM
-iii-(

hey shawn,
this place is sooo ghetto that if you got the install there, they'd probably jack the rest of your shit. In Quakertown, there's this place Bux-Mont Auto Supplies that has a lot of performance stuff and I just saw some of those wheels there today. I'm not guaranteeing they're authorized but give them a call, they should be in your phone book (possibly)
Old 03-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Blacura
hey shawn,
this place is sooo ghetto that if you got the install there, they'd probably jack the rest of your shit. In Quakertown, there's this place Bux-Mont Auto Supplies that has a lot of performance stuff and I just saw some of those wheels there today. I'm not guaranteeing they're authorized but give them a call, they should be in your phone book (possibly)
What part of Philly do you live in? I live right outside NE philly
Old 03-12-2002, 12:05 AM
-iii-(

Yo marc,
I have an apartment in Center City since i go to school there as well. I am from quakertown though (about an hour NNW of philly). I go by elkins park i think?? whenever i go home. I take kelly drive and lincoln drive. is that anywhere near there? When's there gonna be a PHILLY MEET?? cya man
Old 03-12-2002, 12:14 AM
-iii-(

Hey SHAWN S,
I really think those 2 places are different. THere's this place "perzan auto radio" right outside west philly (which is actually more ghetto). I drive by there whenever I go to Drexel Hill. I hope to god my car doesn't die everytime i drive there cause i wouldn't be around for long ( ). There's a shop in Telford (montgomery county i think) that installs everything it sells and you can order pretty much anything. I think that place is Bux-Mont Auto whatever as well.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:55 AM
Team Owner

I never did make it down to that Philly store.
Thanks for the updates (and warnings) but I decided NOT to go with the Giovanna wheels.

Shawn S
Old 03-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Blacura
Yo marc,
I have an apartment in Center City since i go to school there as well. I am from quakertown though (about an hour NNW of philly). I go by elkins park i think?? whenever i go home. I take kelly drive and lincoln drive. is that anywhere near there? When's there gonna be a PHILLY MEET?? cya man
I work in Center City. Im down near 3rd and Spring Garden. I am familiar with Q-town, i used to travel there for ice hockey games when i was younger. I dunno exactly when the next Philly meet is, hopefully sometime soon. We have a good time, except the last one we forgot a camera :o