Question about replacing Caliper and bleedin brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 03:47 PM
B A N N E D

From: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Question about replacing Caliper and bleedin brakes?

I was changing my back rotors and brakes about a month ago when I noticed my rear driver caliper was seized. The boot came off and water got behind the boot and rusted all up, so at the time I FORCED the caliper back and put the new pads on. I bought a new (well used off a totaled CL-s in for sale section) and it got here couple days ago. I took off my old caliper (it was really seaized i had to hammer it off the rotor it was gripping so hard) and put the new one on. I lost a lot of brake fluid through the hose. SO now im just waiting for my pops to get here to help me bleed the caliper B4 finishing (hence i need 2 people to do it thats why my pops is comming over).
It is the rear driver caliper (which is the last one u are suppose to bleed when doing all brakes) so can i just bleed the air out of that one caliper i just put on or do I have to bleed all 4? I just bled all 4 when i did my brakes a few months ago and used Catrol GTLMA?? synthetic brake fluid so i am running that to all the brakes I bough a new bottle to bleed this caliper but do u think when I replaced it that air got into any on the other 3 lines?
CAn i get away with just bleed ing the rear driver (the new one i just put on)
I really dont feel like doing a 4 today when my friend at work has a compressor power bleeder.

What do u guys think?

Thanks alot!
Old 05-13-2009 | 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by StonedCL
I was changing my back rotors and brakes about a month ago when I noticed my rear driver caliper was seized. The boot came off and water got behind the boot and rusted all up, so at the time I FORCED the caliper back and put the new pads on. I bought a new (well used off a totaled CL-s in for sale section) and it got here couple days ago. I took off my old caliper (it was really seaized i had to hammer it off the rotor it was gripping so hard) and put the new one on. I lost a lot of brake fluid through the hose. SO now im just waiting for my pops to get here to help me bleed the caliper B4 finishing (hence i need 2 people to do it thats why my pops is comming over).
It is the rear driver caliper (which is the last one u are suppose to bleed when doing all brakes) so can i just bleed the air out of that one caliper i just put on or do I have to bleed all 4? I just bled all 4 when i did my brakes a few months ago and used Catrol GTLMA?? synthetic brake fluid so i am running that to all the brakes I bough a new bottle to bleed this caliper but do u think when I replaced it that air got into any on the other 3 lines?
CAn i get away with just bleed ing the rear driver (the new one i just put on)
I really dont feel like doing a 4 today when my friend at work has a compressor power bleeder.

What do u guys think?

Thanks alot!
when I had to disconnect the brake lines on my mr2 to put the shocks and springs on I did 1 brake line at a time and it lost fluid every time I went to a different side all I did was just add more fluid and bleed the brakes so I would say yes you can get away with just doing the one