PS II Gran Turismo 3!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001 | 06:56 PM
Advanced

Glad to see everyone is having as much fun as I am at this. Probably doesn't belong on the board but just a footnote, I heard that they are coming out w/ Kelly Slater Pro Surfing very shortly for those of you who surf or are into surfing. It's being developed by the same guys that put out Tony Hawk Pro Skater and that game rips. Looking forward to it!!!
Old 07-25-2001 | 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

The next game I am going to buy is going to be MGS2...
Old 07-25-2001 | 10:16 PM
Banned

A real good car to buy for your first car (after you get a sub 18k car to start the game) is the 2000 Cobra R, it's only around 30k, much lower than the 'real price'.

As far as accumulating money, it's way tougher than GT2, where you could win and sell 500k Speed 12s all day. The best way is to do as was described above, lock up the win in series races before the last race and quit so you can win the prize car repeatedly.
Old 07-26-2001 | 02:50 AM
Darth Chocolate

Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>A real good car to buy for your first car (after you get a sub 18k car to start the game) is the 2000 Cobra R, it's only around 30k, much lower than the 'real price'.
</STRONG>
Yea, my girlfriend did that and I've driven it a couple of times. It handles very much like my NSX, with both of the cars modded out.

Funny how her Cobra has 713hp and my NSX has 515hp, but they both move at about the same pace. Well, that's comparing how they handle races. We haven't gone head-to-head or checked max speed or 400m times. Hmmm... Now I'm curious...
Old 07-26-2001 | 07:30 AM
6SPDCLS

Why bother with Civics, RUF cars, even LM race cars in the beginning.

Earn enough cash to get yourself into the endurance races. Pick grand valley 300km. Win that F090/s F1 car.

Kick the shit outta everything in the game. Make enough money with that bitch and buy yourself anything you want.

I ran 600 consecutive laps (super speedway 150miles x 6) just last nite. Yes, I don't have a life now. This morning, I played Seattle Circuite 150miles and Laguna Seca 200miles one after the other. Come on, if want the bucks/cars, you gotta sacrifice your family, friends, job, and gf's.

You guys do know the trick to select your car during that random screen right? If not, just let the "black GT" logo ride underneath the vehicle of your choice and hit X. It goes by really quick...so do it when all the cars are shown on the screen at once. Or you can hold your left analog stick OPPOSITE the direction of the car you want.

later, gotta play some more.
Old 07-26-2001 | 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Sypher:
<STRONG>

Yea, my girlfriend did that and I've driven it a couple of times. It handles very much like my NSX, with both of the cars modded out.

Funny how her Cobra has 713hp and my NSX has 515hp, but they both move at about the same pace. Well, that's comparing how they handle races. We haven't gone head-to-head or checked max speed or 400m times. Hmmm... Now I'm curious...</STRONG>
Yeah, I'd rate those two cars fairly evenly at most tracks with the R faring better in the higher speed tracks such as Midfield and the Acura having an edge at the tighter tracks such as Monaco (Cote D'Azure)...

I suppose you CLS guys are pretty happy with the car on the game, one hell of a FWD NA car, prolly the best. I guess a 900hp turbo would have been nice, though...
Old 07-26-2001 | 03:42 PM
aka davo-tsx

Go here for the complete GT3 guide. You get the complete index for bonus cars per race.
GT3 Online Guide
Old 07-26-2001 | 06:06 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally posted by Pull_T:
<STRONG>

Yeah, I'd rate those two cars fairly evenly at most tracks with the R faring better in the higher speed tracks such as Midfield and the Acura having an edge at the tighter tracks such as Monaco (Cote D'Azure)...

I suppose you CLS guys are pretty happy with the car on the game, one hell of a FWD NA car, prolly the best. I guess a 900hp turbo would have been nice, though...</STRONG>
I thought the CL-S was decent, but was not the best FWD car on the game... that honor goes to the Integra Type R. The thing we are really happy about is that, the CL-S is on the front cover of the box!

Old 07-26-2001 | 11:52 PM
Senior Moderator

ive won over a million at this point and managed to save for my dream car the nismo skyline and let me tell you this car is the shit...its only 500+hp but it blows everything away ..ive had it to 240 mph+ on the test track and there are still upgrades i can buy for it...right now im broke ...it cost 785,000$$$$and i have a serious case of nintendo thumb! BTW i have every option on the cl-S and when tuned properly my car handles great...not like the skyline but...
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:49 AM
aka davo-tsx

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>ive won over a million at this point and managed to save for my dream car the nismo skyline and let me tell you this car is the shit...its only 500+hp but it blows everything away ..ive had it to 240 mph+ on the test track and there are still upgrades i can buy for it...right now im broke ...it cost 785,000$$$$and i have a serious case of nintendo thumb! BTW i have every option on the cl-S and when tuned properly my car handles great...not like the skyline but...</STRONG>

Tell me you didn't waste your money to buy it. I haven't bought a car since I started GT3, I've won everything I needed. You could have got the Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune if you win the All Japan GT Championship in the professional series. Just ask me what car you want and I can tell you what race to win it from.
Old 07-27-2001 | 01:09 AM
10th Gear

This game absolutely rocks! I've never continued playing a racing game before just to acquire more & more cars. Even the ones that are slower than what I already have. I was obsessed with unlocking the Viper GTSR Concept. It was cool when I finally got it, but, unfortunately, I had already gotten the F 090/s by that point. And compared to the F1 cars, everything else handles like a pig
Old 07-27-2001 | 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by davo-cls:
<STRONG>

Tell me you didn't waste your money to buy it. I haven't bought a car since I started GT3, I've won everything I needed. You could have got the Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune if you win the All Japan GT Championship in the professional series. Just ask me what car you want and I can tell you what race to win it from.</STRONG>
i'll take the HKS ALTEZZA PLEASE..
Old 07-27-2001 | 12:23 PM
aka davo-tsx

Originally posted by typeR:
<STRONG>i'll take the HKS ALTEZZA PLEASE..</STRONG>
That's an easy car to get. Just win the Altezza cup in the Amateur Series. Do a turbo upgrade on the Altezza LM you win and you've got a 1000+hp 4WD Altezza LM.

Another way to get the Nismo Skyline is to win the Vitz cup in the professional series, but I think that's the hardest series in all of GT3. Very competitive even with a maxed out Vitz.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: davo-cls ]