Price on install of Springs/Sways

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001 | 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Price on install of Springs/Sways

Does anyone know of a good dealer or garage that installs Comptech Springs and Sways in New Jersey? Also what is the average cost for an install at dealers?

------------------
Acura CL-S 01, Tafetta White/Ebony, Navi, Polished BBS RK wheels with 225/45/17 P7000SS, Custom Dyed Wood Peices,
Old 02-06-2001 | 03:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

I bought mine at Ramsey Acura, they said two hrs lbr for the swaybars. Not sure on the header. Have you checked with your dealer yet?

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 02-06-2001 | 04:35 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JSANTOS,'01 CL-S:
Does anyone know of a good dealer or garage that installs Comptech Springs and Sways in New Jersey? Also what is the average cost for an install at dealers?
</font>
how do u like ur 17' wheels with 225/45/17. i just had my new rims moda r6 put on yesterday. i know the overall diameter of this wheels will throw off the speedometer. i want to get my car calibrated so the speedometer will match. do u know anyone who can adjust the speed after i get it calibrated???

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/more to come..
Old 02-06-2001 | 05:08 PM
Intermediate

I love the way the car handles with the new tires and I really love the look of the wheels! As far as the Speedometer check/recab., I'm not sure if that is big problem for you to fix, but I do not know of anyone that recab.

------------------
Acura CL-S 01, Tafetta White/Ebony, Navi, Polished BBS RK wheels with 225/45/17 P7000SS, Custom Dyed Wood Peices,
Old 02-06-2001 | 06:46 PM
Instructor

Im not in Jersey but I am only 4 hrs away in VA. I am paying $1800 on thur to get the headers and the sways put on at the same time so I hope that give youan idea.
(The price reflects parts and labor)

------------------
2K1 CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,Eibach springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 235/35/19s
-------------------
Coming This Thursday Comptech headers and sways.
Old 02-06-2001 | 07:18 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jonny Blaze:
Im not in Jersey but I am only 4 hrs away in VA. I am paying $1800 on thur to get the headers and the sways put on at the same time so I hope that give youan idea.
(The price reflects parts and labor)

</font>

hey is that only for install?? go to vertex they charged me 150 for sways and 300 for headers. tell them joe w/ the white type S told ya. ask for steve he's the owner/mechanic.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-06-2001 | 09:50 PM
retired

Park Ave Acura will install all Comptech parts or other speed parts and accesories upon request.If you'd like the job done give us a call at (201)587-0029 ask for Tom, Vincent or Peter.We are located right of route 17 in Maywood New Jersey.If you need specific technical questions answered feel free to ask me. Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on

[This message has been edited by Jens Heydel (edited 02-06-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001 | 10:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Park Avenue Acura installed springs and sways (including alignment) on my car and I couldn't be happier. Price was real fair and Jens knows his stuff.

Jens you guys keep getting more customers and you'll start that dedicated speed shop in short order. Dammit though please keep your pricing as reasonable as it has been.

Jens, on another topic what can you tell me about Porterfield R4S carbon kevlar pads and brake ducting on a CLS or for that matter any car? I needing better brakes.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
--&gt; My Car
Old 02-06-2001 | 11:17 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
Park Ave Acura will install all Comptech parts or other speed parts and accesories upon request.If you'd like the job done give us a call at (201)587-0029 ask for Tom, Vincent or Peter.We are located right of route 17 in Maywood New Jersey.If you need specific technical questions answered feel free to ask me. Jens
</font>
jens,
i got my car lowered about a month ago w/ comtech springs. would u recommend getting the car allignment?? cuz i got a new rims yesterday and im worry about tire wear and the speed being off cuz i got a different size tires(225/45/17). thanks...

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/moda r6 w/ 225/45/17 bridgestone re730/more to come..
Old 02-08-2001 | 12:42 AM
retired

GSXRACER yes get the alignment done asap your camber angles will probably be affected to a degree but the real problem is that the car will need to have the toe set.The cars I have lowered with Comptech springs have all been within tolerance or close enough not to worry on the camber angles but the toe is usually quite abit out of whack.
AL UMINUM hey Rob Ok on the porterfields,I'll be honest and tell you although I have heard of them I know nothing else about them.The only Pads I have personally used are EBC.I haven't forgotten about your inquiry about BBS wheels and should have an answer on that Thursday PM.On another note I lost track of the post where you asked me about stereo installers etc are you still interested and what did you need done.We have a pretty good guy who comes in to Park Ave to do installs.We could ofcourse always go with a Comptech complete front brake system on your CL/S as well.I'll be upgrading my Civic somewhere down the road with AEM brakes but that is still some time down the road.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 02-08-2001 | 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gsxracer:
Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
</font>
jens,
i got my car lowered about a month ago w/ comtech springs. would u recommend getting the car allignment?? cuz i got a new rims yesterday and im worry about tire wear and the speed being off cuz i got a different size tires(225/45/17). thanks...

yeah man get them done asap. I had mine done and the car actually drives straight now.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.

Old 02-08-2001 | 01:39 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:

hey is that only for install?? go to vertex they charged me 150 for sways and 300 for headers. tell them joe w/ the white type S told ya. ask for steve he's the owner/mechanic.

</font>
No that was for everything I just found out about Tim Im new Sorry. I pick up my ride today.

------------------
2K1 CL-S BLK on BLK
Navi,mudgaurds,
spoiler,Eibach springs dropped 1 3/4 in ,35%,sitting on 19" Altstadts & Nitto 235/35/19s
-------------------
Coming This Thursday Comptech headers and sways.
Old 02-08-2001 | 01:51 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
yeah man get them done asap. I had mine done and the car actually drives straight now.

</font>
the thing is that my car goes strait. doesn't seem to be out of whack. im going to get them done anyway though. where did u get ur car allign at??

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/35%tint/moda r6 w/ 225/45/17 bridgestone re730/more to come..
Old 02-09-2001 | 12:03 PM
retired

Novawhitetypes:yes get the car aligned your camber angles will be out somewhat depending upon which springs and or method was used to lower the car.Toe will definitely require adjustment as the car typically toe out quite a bit when lowered.Jens

------------------
Old 02-09-2001 | 12:07 PM
Advanced

Novawhitetypes:yes get the car aligned your camber angles will be out somewhat depending upon which springs and or method was used to lower the car.Toe will definitely require adjustment as the car typically toe out quite a bit when lowered.Jens

</font>
jens, did u ever find out if there a way to adjust the speed calibration?? thanks

------------------
Old 02-09-2001 | 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

........snip, snip,....AL UMINUM hey Rob Ok on the porterfields,I'll be honest and tell you although I have heard of them I know nothing else about them.The only Pads I have personally used are EBC.I haven't forgotten about your inquiry about BBS wheels and should have an answer on that Thursday PM.On another note I lost track of the post where you asked me about stereo installers etc are you still interested and what did you need done.We have a pretty good guy who comes in to Park Ave to do installs.We could ofcourse always go with a Comptech complete front brake system on your CL/S as well.I'll be upgrading my Civic somewhere down the road with AEM brakes but that is still some time down the road.Jens
</font>
Jens
Thanks for responding. I am wondering about a couple of things that perhaps you can help me out with;

1. BBS 17" RX Rims
Jens. I was wondering if you have any new info on whether or not I can get them? (pant-pant) Also would it be possible or even wise to have you guys mount them for me?

2. Brakes.
Jens would you think that comptech's stainless steel brake lines along with either their "Metal Master" or "Hot Streets" brake pads would noticeably decrease stopping distance? And if so what is the downside if any besides cost?

Checking out the Comptech site I noticed two entire front brake packages for the Type-S;

(a) Brakes, Brembo 12.4 inch, Front (2001 CL Type S) $1995.00

(b) Brakes, Brembo 13 inch, Front (2001 CL Type S) $1995.00

Note the price is the same. Aside from the obvious difference in size, why are there two packages for the same car model and why at the same price?

3. Stereo.
Jens. Its the bass or lack of that I'm considering upgrading. The audio guy you mentioned, do you think he'd do a reasonable subwoofer install? Could this be done so that I lose none of the features of the stock audio system except that the bass sounds a bazillion times better? And if yes will I lose much trunk space?

Questions, questions.

Thank you
Rob

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
¥White\Black
¥Comptech Springs
¥Comptech Sways
¥Navigation System
¥Burlwood Shifter
¥Guards+Fenderwell Trim
¥Smokers Package
My Car
Old 02-09-2001 | 12:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Got it done w/ my 7500 check up at pohanka, but you can get them done at cde motorsport in merrifield.

------------------
CL-S