Price for DVD conversion (everything)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001 | 01:52 PM
Pro

Price for DVD conversion (everything)?

Can someone give me an estimate on the entire price. Parts, including the dvd palyer that you picked to use. And aslo for the sound. I found a price, but it said that it was not for sound. No labor please.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2001 | 02:04 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

I did the whole thing myself, it costed me about $850~900 bucks. (includes the converstion DVD player, additional LCD, TV tunner)

But i did not install any extra speakers, im using the stock sound system.
Old 11-29-2001 | 05:30 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Re: Price for DVD conversion (everything)?

My way is probably one of the cheapest, hell I aint got no money!

1. AVC-RGB1 ---- $120 (distribution shop in San Antonio)

2. Modification of AVC-RGB1 (done by the Steve himself) ---- $120 (includes shipping)

3. RF-Modulator ---- $50 (piece of sh*t sound quality was horrible now sitting in a closet)

4. Sony XA39 (switch for sound DONT USE RF-MODULATOR see #3) ---- $50 (Crutchfeild has it for $55 <-- you will have to cut all wires to your amp, reroute them to the sony switch, and put rca ends on them <-- see attached pic if it comes through, see #6)

5. Panasonic PV-40 (small portable DVD player-fits in center console) ---- $280 (crutchfeild send in for a free battery pack, headphones and carrying case, buy cigarrete lighter adapter from Radio Shack for $20 bucks <-- see #6)

6. Miscellanious wires and switches ---- $40

Total: Items 1,2,4,5,6= $610

The complete install doesn't take long if you are familiar with your cars radio system, and there is enough info on this board to guide you through EVERYTHING. I did the install myself and I have NEVER done any install work before in my LIFE! Once you have everything you need it shouldn't take you more than one weekend to finish it all.

Originally posted by juice
Can someone give me an estimate on the entire price. Parts, including the dvd palyer that you picked to use. And aslo for the sound. I found a price, but it said that it was not for sound. No labor please.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2001 | 06:38 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

i'll have to check out that Sony XA39. i still havent dont the sound on my OWN car! but i've done the nav conversion on my car and quicksilvers so far

here is that link before anybody asks http://www.angelfire.com/super/types...onversion.html

Old 11-29-2001 | 08:14 PM
Pro

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
i'll have to check out that Sony XA39. i still havent dont the sound on my OWN car! but i've done the nav conversion on my car and quicksilvers so far

here is that link before anybody asks http://www.angelfire.com/super/types...onversion.html

Yup, TypeSDragoon did my navi conversion and all the parts cost me cost me about 400-450 (including sony slim portable dvd player). The video quality is excellent and the sound is also very good. I will have to look into the Sony XA39 becuase i wouldn't mind a little better sound quality. But overall, i dont know how i drove the car for almost a year without the navi conversion, j/k!!!
Old 11-29-2001 | 09:42 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

http://www.apexdigitalinc.com/html/MD-100.html

got it for 250, from best buy. works well, it comes with power adaptor for the car and the IR extender.
Old 11-29-2001 | 11:11 PM
Red X

Originally posted by Quick Silver

Yup, TypeSDragoon did my navi conversion and all the parts cost me cost me about 400-450 (including sony slim portable dvd player). The video quality is excellent and the sound is also very good. I will have to look into the Sony XA39 becuase i wouldn't mind a little better sound quality. But overall, i dont know how i drove the car for almost a year without the navi conversion, j/k!!!
hey what's up mike?! you got the conversion done huh? i want to do that, but i don't think i can afford it just yet. i'll see you next semester at CSM 'cause i'm taking most of my classes there.
Old 11-30-2001 | 01:21 AM
Pro

Originally posted by gmilian

hey what's up mike?! you got the conversion done huh? i want to do that, but i don't think i can afford it just yet. i'll see you next semester at CSM 'cause i'm taking most of my classes there.
Hey bro, how have you been? Congrats on the Type-S!! I know you have been looking foward to getting one, and now you can truely enjoy it! So I will see you next semester, we will be the only two Type-S's at school. I will look out for you!
Peace.
Old 11-30-2001 | 08:15 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Originally posted by Samer007
http://www.apexdigitalinc.com/html/MD-100.html

got it for 250, from best buy. works well, it comes with power adaptor for the car and the IR extender.
I had the Apex unit and it is a good unit, however it DIDN'T WORK with the Sony Switch. You have to get a unit with a headphone output. The only downside of the panasonic is the lack of an IR extender, I think I am going to open it up and put one in though. Luckily it's small enough to sit on top of the cup holder and put in the center console.
Old 12-01-2001 | 11:43 AM
Drifting

I picked up an indash CD/VCD/DVD that has stereo and optical 5.1 output. Does anyone know where to look for a Dobly Digital processor that would handle the optical as well as normal right/left from a TV tuner?
Old 12-02-2001 | 10:00 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
I picked up an indash CD/VCD/DVD that has stereo and optical 5.1 output. Does anyone know where to look for a Dobly Digital processor that would handle the optical as well as normal right/left from a TV tuner?
One more try on a Sunday, while your watching football games.. How 'bout them Buffaloes!
Old 12-02-2001 | 10:29 AM
foe
Racer

Is the picture quality good on the navi?