16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Possible CLS-6 Parts Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible CLS-6 Parts Car

I'm going to have to part out a 2003 cls-6. 155k miles, factory clutch installed just months ago. 2 back rims are damaged but front rims are fine and sitting on new cooper snow tires installed last month (have receipts for the clutch and the tires)

Basically the front and rear bumpers are damaged bad and possibly looking at suspension damage from slamming into a snowy ditch. The car is sitting at a salvage lot now and I make ground on a decision to part it out or let someone take it or whatever on monday. No insurance affiliation because no collision.

I have never parted out a car or crashed a car without collision so I'm taking this step by step, but I'd hate to have it sit there or have someone else take it off my hands for junk pricing (i mean come on, i got $200 for a beat to hell nissan 200sx with a fried clutch, if i am offered a number like that for the cl im gonna wish i hadnt been born.. besides the bumper damage this car is Nice and not mechanically beat at all) its 1 of 7xx with a working factory Navi, everything is mechanically sound, exhaust in good shape and no rust on the undercarriage .

This may be of no help to anyone but if it is or if anyone is interested in pics, specific pics of anything or anything at all chime in and ill do my best to accommodate. Car is located 2.5 hours north of NYC

**including a poll for fun, but anyone with real advice fire away, like I said I havent done this before so I'd like to hear all angles
Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Finally Registered

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I think if it just body damage and no frame damage you should just fix it and continue driving it. Your car mechanically sounds like its running strong and most likely still has a lot of life in it. As for suspension, again if it is just the struts and spring damage and not the tower why not fix it. I feel fixing the bumpers and suspension may cost at most 2k. (estimating high I believe)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
6th Gear

I was thinking more along the lines of 1200ish per bumper /paint and 200ish for each rim and was kindof expecting axle and frame damage, the car slammed on the back end hard enough to ruin both the back tires. I'm in the 'burbs and it seems like body shops around here are always quoting thousands just for a single bumper repair, but i'll findout for sure tomorrow at the lot.

I might be able to get a fair price closer to what you mentioned on the bumpers though, my dad sold cars when I was growing up and the company that towed the car happens to be owned by the family of an old friend/co-worker of his

I'll update tomorrrow after I meet with whoever is working at the lot, thanks for the reply. I'm expecting the worst because the back bumper is totally demolished, realllllly hoping the frame is ok - thanks for your input
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Finally Registered

hopefully it isn't too bad, good luck tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM
@Mikeshlong On IG

Received 139 Likes on 126 Posts
I want the 6 speed ! haha .
But best of luck with whatever you do . I've never parted a whole car .
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
I recently purchased a cls6 parts car 6 weeks ago from a member here. Front end hit but good from the motor back. It had allot of mods that Im keeping but I'll be selling the rest. Every single part I can, then I'm scrapping the shell.

I haven't been able to work on it as much as Id like because Its in a freezing cold garage. I won't be listing the parts just yet until I have everything taken apart, cleaned up, and pics taken. Buyers don't want to hear they have to wait while you uninstall their parts. Plus having pics and an itemized price list really helps move things along more easily. Once you've made some sales and start getting feedback in your thread, things start to move faster. Also don't take dibs or lowball offers, total waste of time. Ive taken a lot of pointers from a member fasteddie who had a sweet build and later on a huge part out after someone hit him. Check out his bm thread from like a year ago, very organized. Dude had spreadsheets...lol

Parting out this car is a lot of work but you've got a big market out there interested in the 6speed swap as a whole. Auto cls and tls, accords and civics. You'll have no problem selling the parts. You just need a garage, engine hoist, tools, storage racks or tables, and a helms manual. Parting out is always easier then building up. Keep an eye out for my thread in the coming weeks and hopefully it'll help with your decision or give you a good idea how your part out will go and what you stand to gain from it. Might be worth it to just sell to someone and let them deal with it. You will make the most obviously if you do it all yourself.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Well I say get an estimate and see what is needed. It doesn't mean that the person who will give you an estimate has to fix it, but at least you'll know for sure what's needed and you can always shop around. In all I say try and fix it, it beats getting another car and possibly having monthly payments.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Interested in your pedals, shift knob, hand brake, cluster, shift boot with the Type S logo and gears, crank position sensor, camshaft position sensor, manual engine harness, front cam pulley, as well as the upper and lower dash harness
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of CL's are still on the road here in TX and parts are in high demand...I think you could pull $3-4k just for engine & transmission.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
6th Gear

im getting my baby back!

Estimate- $2200 , NO FRAME DAMAGE!!!!!!

Obviously I won't be parting but a real thanks to all who replied, especially slickshift and acraAdi , you both would've made this process a lot easier for me had my frame been F'd. and 0o0o0, you were pretty much right on with your estimate. Love these forums had been a longtime lurker and joined up when I had my tl at one point to ask a question, but I'm definitely gonna hang around and hang onto the car .

Glad these forums are still so active, im gonna hang around more ofter and lurk less, its on us so keep posting, keep helping each other out and

- Let the CL/CL-S live on !!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

^ happy for you man.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I Wanna Beer

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts
Sell it as a whole. Parting a car out piece by piece is a nightmare and turns little profit. People will tell you that you can make a bunch more piecing it out here and there but they never factor in the time it takes to pull those parts. The headaches of packaging all that crap. The shipping costs and time to goto the FedEx dropoff. Dealing with making sure the parts get to the buyer, etc. It's a pain in the ass that isn't worth the money you'll make doing it. Sell the thing as is. There are plenty of people out there that'll be willing to buy a car with a well running engine for a grand or two.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

^ I guess you didn't read post #10
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
I Wanna Beer

Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
^ I guess you didn't read post #10
Not until after I posted. Might as well leave it as I'm sure someone else will ask about parting out at some point. It'll take years and won't get you much money like people seem to think.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
How much for the whole car ?
I would be interested in the e brake handle,cup holders,and whatever little pieces I would need to swap this in my Auto.

Last edited by richardparker; 01-29-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

^ red text?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM

Nope.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

^Guess you didn't read post #10 either.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM

No I didn't. Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

Hi all -- I need to replace my passenger side front fender. I can't figure out where to query about it here; sorry if I'm hijacking a thread (tho it seems to be resolved -- and congratulations!).

Apparently there are no aftermarket fenders available, and anyway I'd prefer a used one if it could be found.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or can help. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
I Wanna Beer

Originally Posted by tmandel
Hi all -- I need to replace my passenger side front fender. I can't figure out where to query about it here; sorry if I'm hijacking a thread (tho it seems to be resolved -- and congratulations!).

Apparently there are no aftermarket fenders available, and anyway I'd prefer a used one if it could be found.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or can help. Thanks.
Search here. You can look locally but if there aren't any places locally, many will ship too so you can expand your search.

http://car-part.com
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
I recently purchased a cls6 parts car 6 weeks ago from a member here. Front end hit but good from the motor back. It had allot of mods that Im keeping but I'll be selling the rest. Every single part I can, then I'm scrapping the shell.

I haven't been able to work on it as much as Id like because Its in a freezing cold garage. I won't be listing the parts just yet until I have everything taken apart, cleaned up, and pics taken. Buyers don't want to hear they have to wait while you uninstall their parts. Plus having pics and an itemized price list really helps move things along more easily. Once you've made some sales and start getting feedback in your thread, things start to move faster. Also don't take dibs or lowball offers, total waste of time. Ive taken a lot of pointers from a member fasteddie who had a sweet build and later on a huge part out after someone hit him. Check out his bm thread from like a year ago, very organized. Dude had spreadsheets...lol

Parting out this car is a lot of work but you've got a big market out there interested in the 6speed swap as a whole. Auto cls and tls, accords and civics. You'll have no problem selling the parts. You just need a garage, engine hoist, tools, storage racks or tables, and a helms manual. Parting out is always easier then building up. Keep an eye out for my thread in the coming weeks and hopefully it'll help with your decision or give you a good idea how your part out will go and what you stand to gain from it. Might be worth it to just sell to someone and let them deal with it. You will make the most obviously if you do it all yourself.
Im in CT too and looking for a driver seat. Mine is ripped. Are the seats black and in decent shape? If so, i wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
5th Gear

Congratulations getting you car back new03tl hopefully you will be riding soon
Old 02-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Finally Registered

Originally Posted by new03tl
im getting my baby back!

Estimate- $2200 , NO FRAME DAMAGE!!!!!!

Obviously I won't be parting but a real thanks to all who replied, especially slickshift and acraAdi , you both would've made this process a lot easier for me had my frame been F'd. and 0o0o0, you were pretty much right on with your estimate. Love these forums had been a longtime lurker and joined up when I had my tl at one point to ask a question, but I'm definitely gonna hang around and hang onto the car .

Glad these forums are still so active, im gonna hang around more ofter and lurk less, its on us so keep posting, keep helping each other out and

- Let the CL/CL-S live on !!!!
AWESOME!! I got lucky with the estimation haha. Glad to here that another CLs will keep living. What actually needs to be replaced?