Poor Quality = Lawsuit Against Acura

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 11:35 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Quality = Lawsuit Against Acura

Anyone else here involved in a lemon lawsuit against Acura. I bought my 2002 CL-S in Dacember 2001 and have had it in the shop countless times already. They have had 4 chances to fix the strange creaking noise that comes from the front right of the car every time the car shifts weight. Add to that the dust particles in my paint job, and I am one very pissed off consumer. I only have 6000 miles on the car now, and it has started to make all sorts of strange noises too. I don't understand how Acura can sell such a poor quality car. I just hope that my lawyer can get me out of this car. BAD ACURA! BAD ACURA! BAD ACURA!!!
Old 04-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Poor Quality = Lawsuit Against Acura

Originally posted by Agean235
Anyone else here involved in a lemon lawsuit against Acura. I bought my 2002 CL-S in Dacember 2001 and have had it in the shop countless times already. They have had 4 chances to fix the strange creaking noise that comes from the front right of the car every time the car shifts weight. Add to that the dust particles in my paint job, and I am one very pissed off consumer. I only have 6000 miles on the car now, and it has started to make all sorts of strange noises too. I don't understand how Acura can sell such a poor quality car. I just hope that my lawyer can get me out of this car. BAD ACURA! BAD ACURA! BAD ACURA!!!
none of what you mentioned qualifies you for lemon law. Sounds like you got a bad apple. Mine's got 6k on it and no sqeaks or rattles at all.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:40 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Poor Quality = Lawsuit Against Acura

Originally posted by zeroday

none of what you mentioned qualifies you for lemon law. Sounds like you got a bad apple. Mine's got 6k on it and no sqeaks or rattles at all.
I don't think you're right, but he can't spell so I'm not about to back him up either.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Banned

ive got that same creaking noise from under the dash on the passanger side when i go around turns or go over bumps...taking it in on monday to get fixed a SECOND time....first time they fixed it, it was silent for about 2 weeks, now its back again...oh well, they fix it for free so i cant complain too much <shrug>
Old 04-13-2002, 05:07 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by jimcol711
ive got that same creaking noise from under the dash on the passanger side when i go around turns or go over bumps...taking it in on monday to get fixed a SECOND time....first time they fixed it, it was silent for about 2 weeks, now its back again...oh well, they fix it for free so i cant complain too much <shrug>
You mean because Acura is proactively fixing your problems and taking care of your complaints for free, you'll forgo bad-mouthing and further complaining and threat of lawsuits, etc? Why is that? Can you tell me why you are willing to settle for the remedy unlike others here who are so unwilling? Just looking for a different perspective from the rational people who understand that a lawsuit based on quality is farfetched at best.

And I'm not talkreferring to repeated, repeated, repeated botched repair jobs and shotty work and failure to fix....
Old 04-14-2002, 02:33 AM
8th Gear

none of what you mentioned qualifies you for lemon law.
According to the lemon law, anything that can adversely affect the resale value of your car is covered. I am not about to step aside and allow Acura to tell me that a loud and abnormal noise is a “characteristic of the car.” I am sick of having to take the car in for them to play around for a week each time and fix nothing. I had a 1996 Camry with 80K on it and it made fewer noises than the CL. I have not even mentioned the countless other problems I have with the car and Acura in general. My transmission is even showing signs of wear! Look at your paint…does it have dust flecks in it? I noticed that, along with the swirl marks in the paint after only 2 days of ownership! I really don’t think I am being picky.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:12 AM
Drifting

According to the lemon law, anything that can adversely affect the resale value of your car is covered. I am not about to step aside and allow Acura to tell me that a loud and abnormal noise is a “characteristic of the car.” I am sick of having to take the car in for them to play around for a week each time and fix nothing. I had a 1996 Camry with 80K on it and it made fewer noises than the CL. I have not even mentioned the countless other problems I have with the car and Acura in general. My transmission is even showing signs of wear! Look at your paint…does it have dust flecks in it? I noticed that, along with the swirl marks in the paint after only 2 days of ownership! I really don’t think I am being picky.
Well, I think you're being "picky". Another example of how the world isn't being fair. If they refused to try anything (on such a little problem) you'd have a right to complain. As long as they are trying to do something, be thankful..
Old 04-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally posted by kensteele

You mean because Acura is proactively fixing your problems and taking care of your complaints for free, you'll forgo bad-mouthing and further complaining and threat of lawsuits, etc? Why is that? Can you tell me why you are willing to settle for the remedy unlike others here who are so unwilling? Just looking for a different perspective from the rational people who understand that a lawsuit based on quality is farfetched at best.

And I'm not talkreferring to repeated, repeated, repeated botched repair jobs and shotty work and failure to fix....
ive only had my CL-S for 7 weeks and so far that creaking is really my only complaint...they fixed it once and now its back...they will fix it on monday...but if it comes back for a 3rd time, i WILL be pissed and ask for some kind of explaination...
Old 04-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

uh oh he said tranny...send this thread off to the tranny pit of dispair!! J/K... A 1996 camry is basically a couch on wheels; it's not gonna creak or rattle much because the suspension is so soft. My 1st comment was based on what you listed as problems at that time. If it is more serious than that you might have a shot but usually paint problems have to be severe(like peeling etc). Post a pic of the dust flecs...i'm curious what this looks like. Oh and it's too late now I guess but you have like 3 days after you buy a car to return it if you are not satisfied with it in most states.