Pohanka Acura and warped rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 08:04 AM
A-CL Sophomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pohanka Acura and warped rotors

Just had my 22.5k service done last weekend at Pohanka Acura and I couldn’t have been happier.

My service light came on at 25k, which caused me to think, that’s odd, because there is no 25k service requirement.

Also, around 23k miles I started to develop rotor warp, which by 25k was unbearable. After reading the posts here about most of the NOVA users pain with the TSB, I had accepted that I was in for a fight with Acura. I was expecting the worst.

I pulled in on Saturday, was assigned to Kyle Cox’s crew for service. He was extremely polite and professional. He confirmed my 22.5k service and asked if I had any additional complaints. Oh boy here we go I thought. I said that I had 3 things: One of my fog lamps was always burning out, my sunroof was rattling and my rotors were warped. I also said that I believed there to be a TSB out on the sunroof and rotors. Kyle immediately said yes there was and he would investigate and get back to me.

About an hour later Kyle comes in, says the car checked out fine, and that they did the TSB tape patch for the sunroof, and were turning all four of my rotors and putting the 2002+ brake pads on all corners, all free of charge. Also they replaced the entire fog lamp assembly free of charge.

Needless to say I was floored.

So if you deal with Pohanka, talk to Kyle. He is 100% what I expect for Acura Customer Service. Best $129 I have spent on a car in a long time.

No more brake warp, no more sunroof rattle. Happy CL-S owner.

Until My Transmission goes that is……
Old 08-23-2002, 09:45 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Mike Peters and Jerry Soriano are also excellent over at Pohanka. And if your transmission ever goes, Pohanka will take care of you. I had mine replaced last October and they never gave me any problems at all.