Please reply and inform us what do you think about your local Aucra Dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2001 | 05:18 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Please reply and inform us what do you think about your local Aucra Dealer.

A lot of people like/dislike their dealers, please could you write down your own good/bad experience about your Acura dealership?

Thanks.

Here is mine at Sunnyside Acura, in Nashua, NH.

As for Sunnyside, first they do offer an Acura loaner and handwash and interior vacuming (great, IMHO). I used them for warranty service, rebuilt my engine, changed the wippers/fluids, scheduled to replace my NAVI ECU on 01/15. A one detailing/waxing (exterior only for $90).

Their parts are expensive (MSRP), Labor for Comptech is nuts(way too expensive).

I like the way they treat their customer though, very respectfull and nice .....

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories.

[This message has been edited by Nashua_Night_Hawk (edited 01-08-2001).]

Old 01-08-2001 | 05:39 PM
ACME sucks!

My Acura dealer is Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, Texas. They have been great! When I went in to buy my CL-S, I told them what I wanted, how much I would take for my trade-in, and how much I'd pay for the new car. They didn't haggle one bit. I had done my research and had been to another dealer, Goodson Acura in Irving, and knew what I could get away with. Goodson had friendly salesmen but horrible management that wouldn't deal.

I have also been treated very well by the Vandergriff maintenance staff. Although they haven't fixed my rattles yet, they have been willing to try. I have also received a complementary non-Acura loaner each time.

By the way, my dad has purchased 4 Acuras from Vandergriff since 1987 and refuses to go anywhere else.

------------------
2001 Acura CL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Wheel Locks
Tint
Splash Guards
PIAA Bulbs
Still trying to find a K&N filter!
Old 01-08-2001 | 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

My dealer is Beaudry Acura in Tucson and they are okay. My particular salesman was cool... he's about 65 yrs old and "too old to haggle" as he put it He's been selling cars for decades and he knows an educated buyer (ME!) when he sees one. That's more than I can say for most of the jokers out there selling cars. The car buying process was by far the least painful I have ever experienced at a dealer.

Their service prices are ridiculous like most dealers, but I do at least get a loaner if I ask for one. The service staff is friendly, but my problems have never been taken care of on the first try... a MAJOR PITA and pet peeve of mine. All in all, I'm looking forward to moving to Phoenix and seeing if Bell Acura or Scottsdale Acura is any better. They sure can't be much worse when it comes to service.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Old 01-08-2001 | 06:27 PM
Suzuka Master

lehigh valley acura - were nice up until i bought the car.

1) i explicity asked how the nav updates work...i was told i get first 2 free. i asked again several months ago for an update...they tell me i have to call navtech and they aren't free. i tell them i bought the nav 'cuz i was told the first 2 were free, they said they never said such a thing.

2) i bought a honda from their sister dealership before, so i had a voucher for $100 for a purchase of another car through them. they told me i could use it, so during delivery i give it to the dealer. he says he'll have to send me a check 'cuz the paperwork was already done. 1 month later, i call and the dealer says he has to speak with his manager and the check will be sent out. a month after that, i called again, "oh, i will speak to the manager and get it taken care of."
a month later (3 months now), "oh, i'll let you speak to the manager."
manager: "we gave you a good deal, there's no way in hell you're getting $100."
i asked them why they didn't tell me that during delivery or at least the first time i called. "i'll have to speak with the dealer and get back to you."

they never got back to me, so i call them the next week. dealer: "i have to speak with my manager...i thought he spoke to you." me: "yeah, he said he'd talk to you abvout it 'cuz it's been 4 months until i was told you weren't gonna honor it."
dealer: "well, i'll talk to him again."
a week later, manager: "i don't know what was discussed between you and the dealer, so i'll have to talk to him." (again?!?!)

so i just said, for as long as i live, this dealership will never see another cent from me. it's the principle, 4 months for $100?? it's chump change! but it's still the principle.

as for the service dept., they're pretty good...but unfortunately they work at that dealership.
Old 01-08-2001 | 06:44 PM
Racer

park ave acura(maywood Nj) is great they wash and vacuum car every time car comes in, loaner cars every visit, drop offs during week up until 730pm, oil changes $23 including tax and everything, this place treats me excellent, recommend to anyone in tristate area
Old 01-08-2001 | 07:27 PM
Drifting

I was very pleased with Acura South West in Houston till last friday. I had an appointment for 9:15 and they were going to drop me off at the dentist to get my wisdom teeth pulled. Well I get there and they don't have a ride for me till 10:15. By that time I was already late by 15 minutes. Needless to say I didn't get to my appointment till 10:30 . So I come back after getting 4 teeth yanked and they didn't even touch the car. At this point I said ok well how long will it take. They said max 1 1/2 hours. I come back 2 hours later, still hadn't touched the car and I was in some major fucking pain. I told my service advisor to give me my fucking keys and I took off to go home and pass out. I still have yet to get an alignment.

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-08-2001 | 07:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Yup Park Avenue Acura in Maywood NJ is da bomb!!!

Everybody must be sick of me mentioning again about my spring/sway install experience. How due to some luck from the other two boards (HA-net and acura-tl.com) I was able to find my mechanic a member here (along with one of the mgrs.) and that this mechanic saved me lots of scratch for installing the suspension upgrades. How I always get a loaner and NO RUNAROUND from anybody there including my salesman. Last June I got my car with Navi AND destination charge and a burl shifter for $31000 minus the exact Kelly Blue book trade in value for my 94 Teg. (Sh1T I hope I just didn't go an jinx myself?!)

------------------
01 CL Type-S, White/Black/Navi/Comptech Springs+Sways/Burl Shifter/Guards
Old 01-08-2001 | 07:44 PM
Intermediate

I've only dealt with Cush Acura of Escondido, California so far...

My experience? Not very good. They had no clue how to demo the car when I was driving it off the lot, didn't take me on the 'test drive' (even though they had me sign for it) and couldn't fix a fuel door problem I was having (though a tip from the forum made it easy to do myself after I had brought it in.)

The worst part was that they SCRATCHED THE HECK out of my black paint when they did the initial detailing job...swirl marks galore right off the lot...I've been able to get many of them out but that will always stick with me.

Plus the salesmen were slimey... needless to say, their Acura customer service survey didn't look very good...

I can't wait to try and get my 'free navi upgrade' that was promised verbally at the time of sale... I have no doubt that they'll say "what upgrade?" when I go back for it in the fall. I have quite a bit of faith in the car but the service hasn't been good thus far at all.

Old 01-08-2001 | 07:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Keyes Acura in Van Nuys.

1. Dealer broke promise on 2 year free NAVI disk upgrades. Called their Cust. Service dept. The lady there was very nice, but said she couldn't do anything for me. I could say more but, "I promised her I wouldn't!"

2. Sales guy was nice guy. He didn't know about 20% of the features. For example, I asked if the stereo had bass, treble adjust, he said, "... NO". I read the manual, and there it was. There was a lot more like that, but I have forgotten all of the details.

3. Service seems OK. I had a valet parker really rip the wheel up. (Didn't find out till too late). They replaced wheel *and* cleaned car. Were very nice!

Some of the upper sales guys were slimy -- too pushy. Usual twist your arm stuff (take 2 Advils in the morning).

I want to give them a chance on the oil change. But, I still feel cheated on that NAVI. I really went to the top (Acura Care etc) on that.
Old 01-08-2001 | 08:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Every single one of my experiences with my dealership has been nothing short of wonderful. I swear that my eyes saw red carpet under my feet a few times. They take very good care of me, and that includes buying a used car, a new car, service on both ranging anywhere from oil changes, to detailing, to major service, to warranty/repairs (Integra had a waterpump start to leak at 85k), to a major job (had to have my CL rekeyed after all my keys/keypads were stolen. Every time I go there I get a great treatment. I cannot say enough great things about my dealership. They've made me a customer for life. And for all that want to know who they are.... University Acura in Clovis, California (formerly and soon to be again Fresno Acura - they're moving to a new locaiton next year). They've been featured in Honda/Acura ads before, and they've got some pretty amazing customers (Rick Mears, prof. sports players, etc.). They are a great dealership, and I'm not the only one that thinks this way as I never hear anything bad about them. I take my car there every other week during the winter to for a car wash, and I swear that they detail it instead because it looks so amazing afterwards. Everyone there is friendly. They always remember my name, and even my family members names. I've never felt any pressure to try out the new models or buy something, if I inquire, I always get a straight up answer. Wonderful dealership.... and no, I don't work for them, I'm being totally honest!

------------------
--------------
1998 Acura 2.3CL
Coming Soon:
'02 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Old 01-08-2001 | 08:48 PM
I love my CL-S

my dealer suck ass

------------------
01 silver cl-s
k&n air filter

clean cl-s=270 HP
Old 01-08-2001 | 08:51 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
I was very pleased with Acura South West in Houston till last friday. I had an appointment for 9:15 and they were going to drop me off at the dentist to get my wisdom teeth pulled. Well I get there and they don't have a ride for me till 10:15. By that time I was already late by 15 minutes. Needless to say I didn't get to my appointment till 10:30 . So I come back after getting 4 teeth yanked and they didn't even touch the car. At this point I said ok well how long will it take. They said max 1 1/2 hours. I come back 2 hours later, still hadn't touched the car and I was in some major fucking pain. I told my service advisor to give me my fucking keys and I took off to go home and pass out. I still have yet to get an alignment.

</font>
Well what do you know, after I go bashing my dealer they have changed my mind about them again. I sent the same message through there website that I posted on this forum and not 30 minutes later they called me to tell me that they would like a chance to make up for fucking up. They are gonna have me bring my car in tommorrow and give me a loaner for the day. I am now happy with my dealer again.

------------------

2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

[This message has been edited by WebToker (edited 01-08-2001).]
Old 01-08-2001 | 09:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I feel bad for you guys with bad dealers- my dealer has been absolutely great, they are easy to deal with...the same salespeople have been there since Acura started. The sales force, manager, service, and owner are all nice.

I get quick appointments, service gets me in and out quickly- if I need a loaner car, its not an issue.
Old 01-08-2001 | 09:05 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Thomas Acura in West Covina, CA has been good. I take the car in for a oil & filter change and bring my own Mobil 1 oil & filter and they charge $22.00 minus $6.00 for a total of $16.00 AND they vacumn the interior, hand wash the exterior, wash the windows and dress the tires.I hate naked tires. I have found their service prices to be competitive with local independents. I have used them since 1990 when my wife got a Integra.

------------------
You can never have too much horsepower!

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited 01-08-2001).]
Old 01-08-2001 | 11:29 PM
retired

Thank you Rob,thank you PV22Clif. Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 01-08-2001 | 11:49 PM
Intermediate

My dealer (Courtesy Acura) is above average. I got a great deal on my CL-S. They do free oil changes as well. I only pay for major service dates at a resonable cost (7500-1500-etc.). Also, I get discounts on hand detailing. I get loaners if needed or shuttle service. Overall, I am very satisfied.

------------------
2001 Taffeta White CL-S
Spoiler,muds,& roof visor
Old 01-09-2001 | 12:46 AM
Team Owner

I use Lehigh Valley Acura in Whitehall, Pa. and my POSITIVE history with them is the exact opposite of Dean’s BAD experience he posted above.
They have been my dealer since 1991 when I purchased my Legend Coupe.

I have purchased three cars from them (91 Integra, 91 Legend Coupe & my 01 CL-S).
I get all my services done there from oil changes to required 7,500 & 15,000-mile service intervals.
Every time I go, I get impeccable treatment, which includes a free loner car (Ford Taurus) for all services or warranty work.
They hand wash the car, vacuum the interior, top off all fluids for free and there is always a paper floor mat & plastic seat cover in place when I pick up the car.
The service dept. is open from 7:30AM until 5:30 or 6:00PM, but if you call ahead you can get the loaner car paperwork & keys from someone in the showroom, which is open until 8 or 9PM.
Works the same for pickup, you can pick up your car until the showroom closes.

They also offer 10% off of all OTC parts, discount labor rates for service & referral bonuses when friends or family buy a car from them.
Lifetime FREE state inspections are included also.

Once I picked up my Legend in the middle of an unexpected snowstorm.
When I arrived back at the dealership after work with my loaner car, the service manager was outside cleaning the snow off my car and it was running with the heater & defroster on.
I didn’t even need to go inside, we just switched keys and I was on my way home in minutes.

They also did all the “test fitting” of the TL wheels on my car for my snow tires without charging me a penny in labor.
They pulled a wheel off of a brand new TL that was on the lot to be sure everything fit OK.

As for the FREE NAV updates, they have admitted that they should not have told me that there were TWO free upgrades but they are willing to give me them because I have been a good customer over the years.
I have this agreement directly with the owner of the dealership.

I also got my 100-dollar bonus on my CL-S because I had purchased a car there before.
As happened with Dean above, they already had the paperwork typed up when I went to pick up the car.
They changed my “order deposit received” from 1,000 to 1,100 to reflect the extra 100 when they figured out the “balance due” on the new car.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Lehigh Valley Acura.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:01 AM
Drifting

One thing I have heard about Audi, is that they have great customer service in there service dept. Anyone know if this is true? I sure as hell would like a S4!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:09 AM
9th Gear

I am very happy with my dealer so far. David McDavid Acura in Plano TX has been a very good dealership to work with. We will see how it keeps up, but after my experiences with Crest Infiniti and Crest as a whole, I suppose the Soup Nazi would make me happy running a dealership, I will never go back to them for anything ever again! They are the ones who made me look to MB, Jag, and eventually Acura instead of waiting on the 02 Q45 to replace my 95 Q. hehe they were so bad not only did they lose a customer to their dealership, but to Infiniti as a whole, and I am glad to let absolutely everyone know it (Actually Grubbs is a good Infiniti dealer in the area, just too damn far away for me)

Iostream
-too lazy to input the old sig again for the moment
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

i bought my CLS at Springfield Acura near me.
The entire "buying" experience was great, my salesperson was extremely patient with me and nice as well. I got a pretty decent price way back then, and it's still very similar to what most of u guys have gotten now. Service/maintenence wise i'm not crazy about them. some problems, but they always get resolved.

------------------
YuppieCL
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint, Full nose mask
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:17 AM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iostream:
I am very happy with my dealer so far. David McDavid Acura in Plano TX has been a very good dealership to work with. We will see how it keeps up, but after my experiences with Crest Infiniti and Crest as a whole, I suppose the Soup Nazi would make me happy running a dealership, I will never go back to them for anything ever again! They are the ones who made me look to MB, Jag, and eventually Acura instead of waiting on the 02 Q45 to replace my 95 Q. hehe they were so bad not only did they lose a customer to their dealership, but to Infiniti as a whole, and I am glad to let absolutely everyone know it (Actually Grubbs is a good Infiniti dealer in the area, just too damn far away for me)

Iostream
-too lazy to input the old sig again for the moment
</font>
I can't speak for DMD acura, but DMD honda in Irving SUCKS ASS. Service is horrible, but worst of all is the body shop. I had to threaten to sue them to get my car back after some repairs.

------------------
Please rear end me in my Accord, so I have to buy a Type-s
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:26 AM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Santa Monica Acura is worthless and dishonest because:

I made an appointment at Santa Monica Acura for 3 reasons.

1. Fix the passenger side mirror rattle.
2. Drain the windshield washer fluid resevoir.
3. First oil change at 5000 miles.

I specifically told the "service manager" that I did NOT want the car washed.

Three hours later I got the car back. The manager said that:

1. "They fixed the rattle but. . .
2. Sorry, they didn't have a "siphon thingy" to drain the washer resevoir and . . .
3. $15.00 please for the oil change (using my oil and filter)."

And. . . Oops. We washed the car anyway."

Well, the rattle's back, but what really makes me sick is that I found out that they never changed the oil either.

How do I know this?

Two weeks after the oil change I had an opportunity to get the car's crankcase desludged for free. When I watched the dirty black oil, come pouring out of the drain I KNEW that Santa Monica had ripped me off.

Can I prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Not really.

Would I bet the service manager's life on it?

Absolutely.

I've seen some of the local TV news stories about the quickie oil change places charging folks without really changing the oil; but I never thought a dealer would stoop so low. They actually charged me money and stole 4 quarts of oil and a filter! It's disgusting and they figured there was no way I would discover their dishonesty. I guess it should have been a safe bet.

I'm actually happy this happened so early in the history this car. I think it was a relatively inexpensive price to pay for some increased knowledge.

No Acura dealer is touching my car again except for warranty work when absolutely necessary.

Old 01-09-2001 | 02:52 AM
Dan
Safety Car

desludged? Why on a new, or any car that has had regular oil changes? I know you got it for free but this ?service? ranks up there with $1000.00 pre delevery wax jobs in my opinion. I guess dealers have to keep comming up with something to support all the sales people standing around.

------------------
You can never have too much horsepower!
Old 01-09-2001 | 03:07 AM
I love my G sedan

Well my parents bought their 3.2CL last October, they bought it at Sierra Acura in Alhambra. They actually shopped several Acura dealers like Metra and Cerritos and a few more, but they eventually chose Sierra Acura because the agent over there is tooooo nice and the price is pretty low(the lowest they could ask for back then), and I also met the car saler whose name is Robert Wong, wow he is a very nice person I would recommen him if any of you are going to buy an Acura around los angeles county.
Old 01-09-2001 | 03:38 AM
Safety Car

I got my 1st gen back in Sept of 98 at the Acura Dealership in Cerritos, CA. Very good service, I have never had any problems with them. They do my oil/filter change and all services, major or small. They guys seem to be very nice and have always gotten my car out on time, or actually most of the time, before the estimated time. I have yet to have them install anything for me, but since there are so many fixed up integra's around here, I doubt that they will have any problems with it. I need to take my car in for another service and oil/filter change, so we will see if there service is the same or not.

If I check the color of my oil before the service, and then check it right after the change, would I know the difference? Oh, what type of oil does the dealership use? Many of you have said that you take your own oil and filter? Why? Isn't the OEM Honda filter better? Thanks!

------------------
Tw1112
Old 01-09-2001 | 04:20 AM
Suzuka Master

To Water Rabbit:

Seems like we are half way between each other relative to Keyes and Santa Monica Acura. We should trade some more notes.

BTW: Santa Monica Acura was one of the dealers I checked up on with a, "Id like to buy an Acura CL-S with NAVI. Are you sure the NAVI DVD comes for free for 2 years? The sale lady went off and came back and said, "... yes, we give you all the updates free for 2 years".

Mission Viejo, at least said I don't know. I thought about Santa Monica as a possible option if Keyes didn't work out for my next service. Oh well, back to the phone book.

One of my in-laws in Costa Mesa has a 1998 Acura -- loves the dealer *and* Service (but, they always wash her car, after she tells them not to, and put small scratches in it).

You guys with the great dealers are so lucky!

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 01-09-2001).]
Old 01-09-2001 | 06:06 AM
- daemonichris -

Acura of Pasadena is a fucking rip. That's all I gotta say.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Nighthawk Black/Ebony
Two 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs, Kenwood 600-watt Amp
Old 01-09-2001 | 08:44 AM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris:
Acura of Pasadena is a fucking rip. That's all I gotta say.

</font>
Los Angeles -- the home of bad dealers. I sure hope not. Help, I may be doing some long drives to edge city Acura dealers.

Old 01-09-2001 | 12:52 PM

Pohanka Acura in Chantilly VA sucks ass. I didn't buy my car there because they claimed they couldn't drop a penny.

A dealer by the name of Shawn told me that they couldn't even get the car in silver, and that I'd have to get a black. And that I'd have to do it RIGHT THEN because they were on 3 months back order (cough, bullshit).

The service blows ass, it takes them all day to change the oil. They don't do what I tell them so I often have to call and remind them what I want done.

I've NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER had a loaner car. Third largest acura dealership in the US, and apparently they never have loaners.

Fuck them, I'd never buy a car there. Its hard enough to get my car serviced there.
Old 01-09-2001 | 01:32 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan:
desludged? Why on a new, or any car that has had regular oil changes? I know you got it for free but this ?service? ranks up there with $1000.00 pre delevery wax jobs in my opinion. I guess dealers have to keep comming up with something to support all the sales people standing around.

</font>
Why?
1. Because the manufacturing process can leave all kinds of things like metal, filings bits of rubber sealand other stuff in the crankcase?

2. Because when you drain your oil a good portion never leaves the engine.

3. It's nice to get out all the "break in oil" and start with a clean machine before putting in synthetic.

4. I didn't get it at a dealer. I got it at the machine manufacturer.

Any other questions?

Old 01-09-2001 | 01:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tw1112:

If I check the color of my oil before the service, and then check it right after the change, would I know the difference? Oh, what type of oil does the dealership use? Many of you have said that you take your own oil and filter? Why? Isn't the OEM Honda filter better? Thanks!

</font>
Might be hard to check with any certainty, just from looking at the dipstick. That's why I say it was a pretty good bet on their part I wouldn't discover their rip-off.

Remember the circumstances here:

1. New car; 5000 mile oil change.

2. A few hundred miles later I'm standing under the car watching a stream of BLACK emerge from the drain . If it had been changed by the dealer it should have still been gold, or brown at the worst.

As for the filters, I have some old filters from my Integra that are the same as specified for the CL-S. I had one of these and a metal crush disk and some Castrol 5-30
when I went to Santa Monica Acura.

When I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic 5-30 I also switched to their filter. It's supposed to filter out more crud. Who knows?

Acura Oil is supposed to be manufactured by Mobil but it's not synthetic.
Old 01-09-2001 | 02:13 PM
Pro

Radley Acura Service is AWESOME!! Pohanka Service SUCKS!

After I lowered my car, they charged me $38 to adjust my headlights. They pointed it too high and I told them that I got pulled over and need to lower it a bit. They kept pushing me off and told me that "you can lower it yourself, all you need is a hex screwdriver". Shit, I paid to get it adjusted, and I have to deal with this bullshit. Also, Pohanka promised me a loaner car and when I showed up, no car and they told me sorry, you have to pay for enterprise cuz we loaned all our cars. F*ck them!!!

Radley fixed my lights free! They gave me free bulbs for rear turn signal, etc. They treat most of my wear and tear as warranty. My service guy Harrold Heeter is cool as shit. F*ck POHANKA ACURA, I hope a scud missle hits that service dept.
Old 01-09-2001 | 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

AC i don't know if I can agree w/ you on this one. I went to Radley yestuday around 9:00 and first they were going to adjust my lights for free and when they were half way done they were like, Since your car is lowred , this isn't part of the warranty and charged me 15 dollars. not much but still. But i started bitching and moaning so they offered me a free car wash. When i went in this morning cuz i had nothing to do they said they weren't doing car washes cuz it was too cold. But Radley is closer to my house so I'm going to go to radly from now o n.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech . may be more mod'z after when i get a job.
Old 01-09-2001 | 07:52 PM
Suzuka Master

shawn, i've heard good things about lehigh valley from a family friend of mine too, that's why i looked at acuras at all.

but i think a lot of it has to do with my age and they think they can funk with me. my family friend bought a prev. gen tl from the a while back and then got a new rl from the recently, and they were completely cool with him.

that's why i'm surprised at how i was treated, especially when the sales manager said "There's now way in HELL you're getting $100." (and yes, he emphasized 'hell'.)

Old 01-09-2001 | 09:17 PM
Instructor

Bought my CL from Ron Bouchards Acura of Auburn, MA. Buying experience wasn't anything extraordinary. Have been there once for service (7500mi, 45min total time) and staff was courteous, though not overly so. I'll likely be taking it in in the next month for the 15k service. I guess there is nothing remarkable about them...nothing bad to say, just nothing stood out as them "going the extra mile".

------------------
<A HREF="http://rrw.d2g.com" TARGET=_blank>The Red Rocket
</A>
Old 01-09-2001 | 10:45 PM
Instructor

Lehigh Valley Acura, in Allentown PA. The salesman iwas a cool guy. He gave me pretty much for the 87 Legend trade in. We showed them the price, and Reading said they couldn't match it. Whamo... deal. Payed 28k and change.
Just had it serviced at Reading for the $3,700 mile point, only payed $28.
Heater motor was disconnected too. I was c-c-c-cold!!

------------------
2001 CL Type S. No mods.
No mods planned. I don't know anything about cars...
Old 01-10-2001 | 05:11 PM
1st Gear

Bought my car at Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, Texas. Salesperson was awesome--even sent me a B-day card and Christmas card this year! Service Dept. is only okay. Tracked mud in my car the first time. Always courteous and never a problem getting a loaner (albeit, a non-Acura).
Old 01-10-2001 | 06:23 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Leased mine from Ramsey Acura. The sales experience was good but not much else. The finance guy was a jerk. Tried to sell me everything but the kitchen sink....warranty, Lo-Jack, wax, etc. I finally told him that I would walk out of the deal if he did not accept "NO" as my answer. He was one arrogant pr*ck. The salesman, Lloyd, was great. So was the general manager, it turned out. I took my car in for the first service and nothing went according to plan. They charged me for an oil additive they could not identify and charged me for filling my already full windshield wiper reservoir. After complaining to the manager and Acura with a letter, the general manager made it right by detailing the car the next time I came back. In NJ, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 01-10-2001 | 06:39 PM
Racer

i got mine from david mcdavid in august. my salesman, ken halterman, was great. my service, robert butler was great as well. i was with my g-friend when i picked up my car from the oil change on sat and we asked him if the mdx comes in blue (i swear i saw it in blue on motor vision). he's said he's not sure but let me go and get a brochure and we'll find out. so he gets one and comes back and we go through the colors. i know that's not much, but i notice the little things like that. he's a real nice guy.

BUT my finance guy was a total prick. he's this real arrogant flamer (not that there's anything wrong with that . . - remember that seinfeld episode?) and we sat down, i told him what i was putting down and he had to do the paperwork like 3 times to get the numbers right. and each time he was wrong he was acting like it was my fault he had to redo it. what an asshole!! i totally ripped him a new one on the acura survey.

------------------
Black/Parch '01 CL-S no-navi, Spoiler, Visor (currently removed for winter), 35% tint, locks, PIAA19170
Old 01-11-2001 | 12:05 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Acura of Troy in Troy MI. So far I am pretty dissapointed. I have had the car back twice (4,000) miles for a "wiggle/shimmy" in the front end. It happens at all speeds on all surfaces, but is most noticable between 40-70MPH on a smooth surface. The first visit the car was there all day, no loaner, no wash and the service advisor said "what do I have to do to make this car vibrate?" I said "drive it". They claim they did, both the mechanic and the SA. They said they checked the balance on all for corners but everything was fine. I took it to a third party to check the balance on a radial variation system. I watch the tech as he ran all for corners through the system. 2 of them were out up to 1.5 oz. I paid $20/set only to find that it made a little bit of a difference for the better.

I waited 1,500 miles or so to get it well past "break in" and took it back to the dealer. Same problem and an oil change.
I asked the SA what they do to diagnose such issues. "Basically we drive it, we'll try another one off the lot to compare" I said that won't do as a diagnosis, but left the car with them. Again, they had the car all day. No wash, no loaner. They said they don't feel the problem. I told them that you cannot drive the car for 2 miles and feel it, especially if your not used to driving such a vehicle. But believe me once you get the car going on the freeway for 5-10 miles, you'll notice it. Besides, I drive the car everyday, it wasn't like this off the lot. And it's not something that any car should do normally. If I drive the car for 30 miles or more I start to get a "numbing" sensation in my right foot. Almost like it is going to sleep.

The SA suggested I come back again, 3rd time. And take her for a drive in the car. So now I have to re arrange my schedule again and go over there.

------------------
(Formerly Type-S)
01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote

Quick Reply: Please reply and inform us what do you think about your local Aucra Dealer.