please help, my car may be hurt

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 02:21 AM
Rx Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help, my car may be hurt

HEy guys, im hopin that there are some late night car mechanics on the site that can help me figure out what is wrong with my car before i take it too teh dealer tom. !st ill tell you that last saturday i hit a pot hole at about 45 to 50 mph and after i hit it, the tire blew out and had 2 rips in it, bad ones i might add. i then replaces the tire with the donut and the next day i bought 18 inch Givoanni Corsicas and everything was going well.
After about 1 week of driving the car, and everything was fine, i started to hear some noises coming from the front end, and well, didnt know what it could be. !st i was told it may be a spacer that i needed due to the fact that i was puttin a 18 on a 17 inch tire, but that was thrown out today by a wheel expert. I am hearing a scratching noice out of the left side, and a clunking noise out of the right side (the side that hit the pot hole) I am also hearing some other noises and am takin the car to teh dealer tom to figure out what it is> I am not telling them that i hit a pot hole, but does anyone else have any clue what it could be, my neighbor says it may be either a (a frame) or ball bearing or possible suspension problems. Please let me know if you have any clue what could be wrong.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:17 AM
Burning Brakes

I'd jack the front end up, grab a hold of that wheel and try moving it around just to make sure it's on solidly and that there is no free-play in any of the components. Take the wheel off and see if there are any bends to the control arms or any loose suspension components. If the steering rack is bent (which you really won't be able to see), it'll cause noises when driven but you'd notice an alignment problem if it were bent. If the wheel was hit hard enough, it could've even snapped a shock.

Anybody else know what to check?
Old 12-05-2001, 07:09 AM
TRELOS

First take it to a reputable repair place. Sugestions: Tire Kingdom, Firestone, mabey even Midas. And have the car inspected, I mean the charge is free so as long as u have the time. I mean its better than taking it to the dealer and them finding out that u have frame damage and putting it in ur record. Def. ask the guy inspecting ur car to see if there is ANY frame damage.

Another one of the easiest ways to find out if anything is bent is to take it to some place like Firestone or Tire Kingdom and have a 4 wheel alingment done, now this will cost u (I think like 39.99). There they can check the alingment. Now if the alingment comes back clean I don't see why then u don't take it up with the dealer and say that u been hearing weird things in the front end. I mean u still are under warranty.

TRELOS