Please check this out - Is yours okay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 05:44 PM
on a 10 mile ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please check this out - Is yours okay?

BIG QUESTION ALERT!!!
I noticed after closer examination of an old scrap of a pole I stupidly did that the quarter panel had been moved up about 3/8" by comparing the seams on either side of the trunk. At the top right corner of the trunk (facing the car fron the rear) the panel does not line up BUT I looked at a few used '01's and the panels didn't match on those either!!! Not as bad as mine but not even none the less.

Take a look at the top corners of your trunk where they meet the rear glass and each quarter panel - are they smooth and even? The people at the Acura body shop said they can adjust the trunk but they had to remove my damaged panel to fix and then reattach -sound right to you?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:02 PM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
Man, it took me a whole year before I noticed, my quarter panels are alright, but my two front fenders where they meet the door and the roof pillar, don't match up, and my rear bumper cover is flush with sheet metal (corner under the rear tailight) on one side the other isn't, thats always been a problem with Hondas, nonetheless, it does suck, I thought about taking it to the dealer, they would just say I'm whining, after a year, they could probably even say I did it, you can't notice it unless you are looking for it, and most of us around here look for those kind of things, not what I would expect from a 30K car, my Camry has better fit and finish, and all seams and parts line up perfectly, and it cost way less.WTF!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, when I bought mine, same crap. But I saw all the problems and told them to fix it before I took delivery. My rear bumper just wasn't flush with the trunk and rear quarterpanels, so I had them repositions the bumper. The hood was off too if you looked at the corner of the front quarterpanels near the windshield. I guess the quarter panel may have been off, but I had them realign the hood as well. It seems fine right now after they fixed it. I was quite pissed at the fit and finish quality of the car...my '98 Integra GSR wasn't like that at all!