played with a GT mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001 | 03:59 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

played with a GT mustang...

just got back-still shakin from the adrenaline rush...
i'm crusin home from a late-night stint at the office, filled up with gas and hit the hwy--about a 7-minute drive home at semi-supralegal speeds. i'm gunning it a little and havin some fun, nothing too crazy. anyways i'm zippin across a couple of lanes from where another expressway is about to merge so i can make my exit ramp, and i see the taillights comin down the outside lane just as i'm about to get off--see, before the merge, i looked over and saw a red GT (circa mid-90's), i'm crusin along pretty good and i guess subconsciously, i'm tryin to start something, because i ease on the gas a little to see if i get noticed. well, after seeing that he finally took the bait, i bail out of the exit and stomp it!! i haven't really had a good run in the car yet, it's late, traffic is light, it's fairly cold, and there's nothing like picking on someone bigger than you-heh, heh...he definitely has the jump on me as i have to move back over a few lanes--and he's movin! i'm pushin 3rd and watchin for that little needle to get to the red, pop it up to 4th (yeh-i've been drivin around in SS). 3rd did pretty well, and i'm catching up-we have to zip around a couple of cars-i got my eyes open, and i'm being careful (as i can)...the hwy clears and we're heading downhill a little-i think he's pulling away ever so slightly, but then i start to feel some power again--look down at the speedo-just under 140!! (really around the 135 mark-i ran once on an empty toll road and chickened out at 130-so i'm stoked) sh*t, i had NO IDEA i was going that fast-this f****** car will MOVE!!
well, we hit a little more traffic, i'm about equal with him, but still behind him. we are now in crazy mode with people around so we let off. i come around, and give him the salute--he's got a HUGE grin on his face, we're both laughing, and i know what he's thinking...gawd that was fun!!! we give each other a final wave and i exit (about 4 exits late).
so--i got a full tank of gas, i don't know if he's stock, but i do know that he's got gobs of torque over me, and i'm wondering what headers or just a CAI would have done. he was never far from me, and for most of the run, i was right there with him. i'm feelin pretty good-time for bed...
Old 01-24-2001 | 05:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nice run...... Get a header and kick some.

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs