Paid in Full.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 08:15 PM
Ace rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
I paid over 63K to the feds and the state was like 15K ! IRS SUCKS BIG TIME ! But I got back over 12,000.00 ......

</font>
Shamefully, I had to pay more than that...AND I still owe more than you got back!

(BTW, this is a one time thing (options), I don't make this yearly!)

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i

[This message has been edited by Dacat (edited 05-09-2001).]
Old 05-09-2001, 08:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
Probably as much as me gross...

</font>

It's not how much you pay. It how much you can deduct each year that really matters

If you made $200K last year and paid $20K in taxes then I think we would all be impressed.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:17 PM
Ace rider

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SilverSoCal_CL-P:

It's not how much you pay. It how much you can deduct each year that really matters

If you made $200K last year and paid $20K in taxes then I think we would all be impressed.
</font>
Yep, deduct until you look like you made like 50k...too bad I can't do that!

------------------
Old 05-09-2001, 08:27 PM
Banned

I'm crying for you guys....
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dacat:
Originally posted by Fabvsix:
I paid over 63K to the feds and the state was like 15K ! IRS SUCKS BIG TIME ! But I got back over 12,000.00 ......

</font>
Shamefully, I had to pay more than that...AND I still owe more than you got back!

(BTW, this is a one time thing (options), I don't make this yearly!)

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
Old 05-09-2001, 08:35 PM
Ace rider

I'm crying for you guys....

</font>

------------------
Old 05-09-2001, 08:36 PM
Ace rider

Hey moo, I emailed you about the sways...

------------------
Old 05-09-2001, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Damn, It looks like a lot of us are in the IT field. Network Admin myself.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 05-09-2001, 08:54 PM
on bin laden

yeah that's pretty damn funny. thanks for the advice guys ... i am looking for a house, i get depressed everytime i look for one, and lets say the cost was 200 3 years ago, and that same house is worth close to 300 now ... grr...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spiroh:
Damn, It looks like a lot of us are in the IT field. Network Admin myself.

Spiro

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 05-09-2001, 08:55 PM
on bin laden

sounds like you're down in a cage in the sub-basement of some no-name building ... and i got "greek" blood ... ask spiro if you have any questions

fbaxakos,
Takes tuff skin, gypsy blood and no violins ! It's a perm job with the original BERKELEY Hippies who wrote the firs unix code. They have a need for 2 bright folks that consider themselves on a scale of 1 - 10 above a 10. Excellen problem solver and be able to "successfully" deal with difficult people....:>)

Pool party:
Ummmmmmmm I am a pretty private person, maybe after the "Bay Area BBQ" in June.

It feels greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat to pay off those cars ! Thanks guys for the wonderful support !

Moomaster:
I am looking to "get off the PG&E Grid", buy way of Solar pannels, then I can say to PGE, go fuck yourself !

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 05-09-2001, 09:14 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
SilverSoCal,
First, I made "over" 200K, I claim big FAT ZERO, which translate to a ROYAL GOVERNMENT FUCK JOB.....If I only reported 20K, which would have impressed you, I'D HAVE AN IRS AUDIT. NO THANKS and perhaps you should check yourself, before your wreck yourself !

Happy motoring !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-10-2001, 03:23 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

</font>
Good giref!!! I'm F'en 20 and I gross about 55, and u still pay more in taxes than I gross!! haha you da bomb... That's sick... Or as my cluless bay are linguists would say... "Hella Dope!!!" Then I say.... "Hella What?!!" SoCal baby!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 04:19 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Hellawhat:

WEVR.........

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-10-2001, 04:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait till you make more than 100K a year, then add in your wife's pay. When you see that your are working for more than 6 months a year for Uncle Sam, Social Insecurity, the state, and the rest of the "gang", you will know what being overtaxed really is.

And I'm not talking about watching some stocks and options grow.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-10-2001, 04:30 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Hellawhat:

WEVR.........

</font>
Haha Fab, no disrepect... Just the socal reaction, nothing personal
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love it up here!

[This message has been edited by HellaWhat (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 05:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

SilverSoCal,
First, I made "over" 200K, I claim big FAT ZERO, which translate to a ROYAL GOVERNMENT FUCK JOB.....If I only reported 20K, which would have impressed you, I'D HAVE AN IRS AUDIT. NO THANKS and perhaps you should check yourself, before your wreck yourself !

Happy motoring !

</font>

Yea, you are so damn cool in the Bay Area “the chapter11/layoff capital of the world”.

You are the 40 year old technical recruiter that came on this board bragging about your money. So perhaps you should “check yourself, before your wreck yourself “.

Oh, and I work at an IT Consulting and Staffing company based in Los Angeles and someone like you that has 10+ years in the technical recruiting field should be making more than that. We have several senior recruiters with 5+ years of experience that each make at least $250K - $400K and these people are smart enough to claim some tax deductions.

I do not have the time nor the inclination to go through every topic in which you have made an arrogant/ignorant comment, so I will focus on the posts in this one topic.

“I only place contractors in the Bay Area.” & “I don't do perm or contract to hire, simply a WOT (WASTE OF TIME). “

Then why are two of the three jobs assigned to you on dice.com for Perm positions? Come on, you know Direct Placement doesn’t pay the bills.

http://www.dice.com/DandL/a/atstaff.SRSYSBH.html

http://www.dice.com/DandL/a/atstaff.PSPMPB.html

“I made ‘over’ 200K, I claim big FAT ZERO, which translate to a ROYAL GOVERNMENT FUCK JOB.....If I only reported 20K, which would have impressed you, I'D HAVE AN IRS AUDIT.”

First I did not say you should claim $20K in total income. I said $20K in taxable income on a $200K salary. That would impress me. The fact that you make $200K and take 0 deductions makes me laugh. If you are still confused about the difference between total and taxable income I recommend you see an accountant. A recruiter is much like a sales person and thereby can take many of the same deductions lunch with candidates, trips to recruiting seminars, etc…

”I am THE BAY AREA TECHNICAL PIMP!” & “Webtoker, when will I pimp you out to my client?” & “Their are tons of rats and not enough cheese”

Why would anyone want to work for an arrogant a$$ hoe like you? I mean it is obvious you have a big head, but come on, your not that great. Look, there are thousands of other like you that may treat the “rats” with some respect. http://www.dice.com/recruiters/companies/index.html

Old 05-10-2001, 05:58 PM
Banned

I wouldn't want to be a contractor in Dallas right now. All the "major" companies here right now are laying off most of their contractors.

I don't think that I could do it, sure I would make more money, but the lack of security in knowing where/when I would work again would kill me.

BTW - I am a Unix System Engineer and a System Admin for my company.

Edit: Also, Fabvsix congrats on paying off your cars, that is what this topic was originally started about!!
------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI

[This message has been edited by avengerjr (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 06:01 PM
Banned

I smell a fight brewing....IN THIS CORNER....HAILING FROM THE POWERLESS NoCal region.....FABVSIX...AND IN THIS CORNER....COMING FROM THE LAND OF SMOG AND FAKE BREASTS....SILVER SOCAL CL-P

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey, we're all System Admins and we all have nothing to do except lurk all day! Jeeze, I hope our companies don't find out!

Ok, so if we garauntee %99.999 uptime, that only leaves 5 minutes of downtime a year! So, what the hell am I supposed to do all day?
Old 05-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Banned

I smell a fight brewing....IN THIS CORNER....HAILING FROM THE POWERLESS NoCal region.....FABVSIX...AND IN THIS CORNER....COMING FROM THE LAND OF SMOG AND FAKE BREASTS....SILVER SOCAL CL-P

</font>
Don't add to it. I would hate to close this thread, that started about him paying his cars off.

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 05-10-2001, 06:13 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

</font>
Moon, well Socal is hit with power outages too... We just get the publicity here... SoCal Edison is as bad as PG&E if not worse. I think only LA city is unaffected by this cause they have their own power grid. Okay that's it for me on this thread. Fab, congrats on paying off the car(s).
Old 05-10-2001, 06:22 PM
Banned

Okay...
I just thought there was jabbing...

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-10-2001, 07:11 PM
Red X

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HellaWhat:
Good giref!!! I'm F'en 20 and I gross about 55, and u still pay more in taxes than I gross!! haha you da bomb... That's sick... Or as my cluless bay are linguists would say... "Hella Dope!!!" Then I say.... "Hella What?!!" SoCal baby!!!</font>
where the hell do you work. i work at oracle and don't make that much money. and i'm 20 too. damn hook it up with a job. i cant get my transfer to go through. and even with my transfer i wouldnt be even making close to 55.

------------------
Not a cl-s owner just yet...but soon enough
Old 05-10-2001, 07:20 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Stanford Hospital, Patient Financial services division. I also go tos chool full time at SJSU. Aywhow, I think this is getting wayy off topic. Is there any way to private message in thsi forum?
Old 05-10-2001, 07:28 PM
Banned

I'm down for a move back to financial services...

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-10-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashburner:
Hey, we're all System Admins and we all have nothing to do except lurk all day! Jeeze, I hope our companies don't find out!

Ok, so if we garauntee %99.999 uptime, that only leaves 5 minutes of downtime a year! So, what the hell am I supposed to do all day?
</font>
I am a unix engineer too, mainly AIX and a little solaris. Funny comment on uptime . Look lets not fight about who is a good recruiter and who isnt , he makes good money , and paid of his cars , I think he has the right to be a little cocky. Besides since most of us are in the IT field we will beat down his door the next time we are looking for something .

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
San Marino red
non nav.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thholr:
he makes good money , and paid of his cars , I think he has the right to be a little cocky. Besides since most of us are in the IT field we will beat down his door the next time we are looking for something .

</font>

I am not here to comapre earning power like some people. I just think his attittude is a bit much. And if you want to have that guy as your recruiter and get "pimped out" to one of his clients go for it.

By the way I think I already have your resume. Do you work at Georgia College & State University?
Old 05-10-2001, 08:25 PM
Red X

hellawhat,
you got to hook it up with a job. I'm in school too. 10 units this semester, but dropped a class. And I need to talk to my couselor about taking 11 units during the summer. Anyway I am great with numbers and a computer nerd. email me @ gmilian@geocities.com. cool man. thanks

------------------
Not a cl-s owner just yet...but soon enough
Old 05-10-2001, 10:20 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Now that you all vented and I took a chill pill over SoCal remarks, thanks for all your positive, supportive support ! I just don't deal with "bitter" people well. I don't "pimp" people out to my clients, I was just joking ! You know NOTTHING about me SoCal, but I will tell you, I am one of the BEST recruiters in the Bay Area ! 700 of those "so called" recruiter got the can ! NOT me, because I'm good and NOT A PAPER PUSHER ! I put 50 consultants to work last year which equals to 8 million in revenues against my quota, which was 3.5 million. Did you meet quota, rather did you exceed quota ? They all are working and didn't get "laid" off, as you guys are seeing the costco candidate getting let go ! My candidates are "value added providers" NOT bodies ! My average pay rate is $105.00 per hour. That tells you the level of service I provide.
How's the market in Southern California ?

MUhahahahhahahaqhhqahhahqahhahahha

------------------
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 05-10-2001, 10:29 PM
Ace rider

Now that you all vented and I took a chill pill over SoCal remarks, thanks for all your positive, supportive support ! I just don't deal with "bitter" people well. I don't "pimp" people out to my clients, I was just joking ! You know NOTTHING about me SoCal, but I will tell you, I am one of the BEST recruiters in the Bay Area ! 700 of those "so called" recruiter got the can ! NOT me, because I'm good and NOT A PAPER PUSHER ! I put 50 consultants to work last year which equals to 8 million in revenues against my quota, which was 3.5 million. Did you meet quota, rather did you exceed quota ? They all are working and didn't get "laid" off, as you guys are seeing the costco candidate getting let go ! My candidates are "value added providers" NOT bodies ! My average pay rate is $105.00 per hour. That tells you the level of service I provide.

</font>
Brag all you want, this is a free speech forum! I wish I could make your kinda money every year! My buddies tell me I should become a contractor and make 150 an hour, but I'm too loyal and like the stability in a big company job (HA HA HA! With all the layoffs I'm keeping a straight face!)

------------------
Old 05-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Suzuka Master

</font>
Oh now, Union vs. Confererate...

North Korea vs. South Korea

North Vietnam vs. South Vietnam.

NOW>>>>>>

North Cal vs. South Cal

Were is the DMZ?

Does barb wire make a good conductor?

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-10-2001, 10:39 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

------------------
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Old 05-11-2001, 02:43 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Eric: Nah, copper makes a better conductor than aluminum, the crap most barb wire is made out of... I'm from East LA, we have a lot of that crap there, I almost miss it.. haha. But if ur trying to electrify your fence at your house, it'll suffice

[This message has been edited by HellaWhat (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 03:16 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

There is plenty of money still to be made in the Valley. I started working when I was 21, I was only making 48 at the time. Well, 2 years later, I'm twice that. And I know I can still move up.
Dacat- I'm like you, I like my big company too. I don't need to worry about layoffs here either.

Do what you gotta do. I say if you can make a nice amt, more power to you!

But if you are part of a dot-com. Good Luck.

------------------
Northern Cali Meet, June 10. BBBQ!!! - Click Here
Old 05-11-2001, 03:35 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Edub, heh look at where I work... No matter hwo bad the economy, ppl still get sick That's why I'm at Stanford Hospital. I had the opp. to go with a consulting firm and work for them at a higher rate, but in the end stability works better. Heh i hope to double in a few years liek you !
Old 05-11-2001, 03:03 PM
Banned

The DMZ is in Fresno...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Oh now, Union vs. Confererate...

North Korea vs. South Korea

North Vietnam vs. South Vietnam.

NOW>>>>>>

North Cal vs. South Cal

Were is the DMZ?

Does barb wire make a good conductor?

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-11-2001, 03:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The DMZ is in Fresno...

</font>
Yea, and the line is just south of Fresno.

Fresno belongs to the north, thats for damn sure
Old 05-11-2001, 03:12 PM
Banned

Yeah...okay..true...bastards...why do we have to have the armpit of Cali???

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Old 05-11-2001, 03:18 PM
Learn to swim

Yeah...okay..true...bastards...why do we have to have the armpit of Cali???

</font>
Because everything south of Fresno is one big armpit. Ever heard the song by Tool?

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Polarg M-4's driving lights, maps, and doors.
Old 05-11-2001, 03:43 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tuleman:
Because everything south of Fresno is one big armpit. Ever heard the song by Tool?

</font>

------------------
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars