P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by poisx7
Do u think louder than the AEM in V tech.
In vtec ( Yes)
Idle and Low RPM ( No )

Also you guys need to relax some. You know Excelerate dosent spend his life on here to answer as soon as someone is asking him a question, or responding to a thread. Plus all details arent figured out yet.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:38 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,321 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerRev
In vtec ( Yes)
Idle and Low RPM ( No )

Also you guys need to relax some. You know Excelerate dosent spend his life on here to answer as soon as someone is asking him a question, or responding to a thread. Plus all details arent figured out yet.

I emailed him 4/15 asking for an ETA I gave all necessary info for a quote. a week later I got a response asking for my car data.

I replied, a month later I had no response. If this is a hobby for him, I DON'T WANT ANY PART OF HIS SPARE TIME.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I can't speak for everyone and I've only placed one order with him. But he has always been good getting me quotes. The one order I placed with him was fast and easy. My experience thus far has been great.

He responds to a hell of a lot of posts on this site. It seems he is always willing to help out if he can.

Give the guy a break. The product isn't even developed by him. P2R is the one we should be asking for the ETA.

I'm sure when either Excelerate or P2R have any info to pass on, they will do just that.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to know the ETA, cost, and what is included with cost, just like everyone else. After all I am holding off getting a lot of components because of this one part.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:33 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
^x2
ive asked excelerate for a couple quotes and within a day he responded back. and the stuff i bought from him i got the tracking number the same day or the next.
to him. and let p2r take their time to make their product better and to stock up on the intakes
Old 05-17-2008, 09:02 AM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

It was posted this was almost available. I asked what I thought was a reasonable question of what I thought was a business. I was ignored.

My issue is not with the lack of availability, it is due to the lack of communication,

You guys can wait. I'll take my business where it is valued.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Instructor

I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm saying I've had good experience with him. I've always had prompt replies when contacting him about products. So my experience has been valued. Unfortunately you are having a bad experience right now.

Out of curiosity have you tried contacting the developer about when their product will be available?

But in the end, you do have a valid point.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:34 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nightpoison
I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm saying I've had good experience with him. I've always had prompt replies when contacting him about products. So my experience has been valued. Unfortunately you are having a bad experience right now.

Out of curiosity have you tried contacting the developer about when their product will be available?

But in the end, you do have a valid point.
The developer has responded to any direct contact for purchase info, as he should that he is not a vendor here and to contact the vendor.

If you look back in the threads dealing with this going back to March you will see I was and am in no rush, nor was I rushing anyone. I have always said I am fine waiting. It was suggested that I email the vendor directly, so I did.

I am a patient man, but when I am ignored for a period of time by someone that is selling a product then I get irked. It's a peeve of mine.

I am in no way saying anyone else should follow my example, to the contrary I am just stating my opinion. Having done that failing a direct question to me I will see my way out of this thread.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel u, anybody woud or shud feel the same in the name of courtsey.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:57 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Excelerate is more responsive than 99% of "bigger" vendors out there. With the sheer volume of threads, posts, and PM's he deals with on a daily basis, outside of the fact that he also has his own shop, you know what, give him a break, I am sure it wasn't intentional. He is probably the best, most reliable vendor I have worked with. So if want to take your business where its "valued" well then....
Old 05-17-2008, 04:03 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
Excelerate is more responsive than 99% of "bigger" vendors out there. With the sheer volume of threads, posts, and PM's he deals with on a daily basis, outside of the fact that he also has his own shop, you know what, give him a break, I am sure it wasn't intentional. He is probably the best, most reliable vendor I have worked with. So if want to take your business where its "valued" well then....

You speak for him huh?

I gave him a month to respond to a direct email. Not PM, Not a thread. I am talking about NO REPLY.

In business that is unacceptable.

I do that to my customers they rip me a new one and never talk to me again.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
it's quite possible that he just missed/overlooked the email. did you try to email him again? or better yet call him? he has a good rep on here and wouldn't deliberately offend anyone.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered the Icebox elsewhere and I will order all the rest of my mods elsewhere.

I hope I am the exception.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PowerRev
I already make cams, but honestly how many people will really be interested in cams for these engines. I have even made springs and retainers for these engines before. But to release something like that stuff, i need to make multiple sets. I cant just do 1 or 2. Alot of guys on here talk about cams, but how many of you will really buy cams? Also the cams have to be regrinds, otherwise it gets way to expensive unless doing huge quantities.
I even have the specs for pistons & aluminum rods. Which we have made in the past for one of builds. But in all reality not many are actually trying to do extreme mods to the CL.

Originally Posted by Rajca
how did the cam work out.

Bump
Old 05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
luvs redheads!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it the cams are reground and would like to know by whom(PM) and would like a regrind more aggressive that the TL-S obviously.

thanks
Old 05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Originally Posted by swift22
take it the cams are reground and would like to know by whom(PM) and would like a regrind more aggressive that the TL-S obviously.

thanks
x2. we need some more N/A power adders.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Ok enough! Get back on topic or I will close this.

e30cabrio, I already PM'd you. If you want to deal with this further, please take it to PM.

Thank You
Old 05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Wow, I guess working 80-90 hours a week isn't enough. Sorry I missed your PM/email but I usually am pretty good about getting back to emails pretty quickly. I didn't have full details on this intake and ETA's so it didn't move as quickly as some other info. Please keep in mind I have a local shop on a main street, and I daily answer about 30 PM's, 50-100 emails, 50-100 phone calls, ship packages, process inventory, work on cars, browse Acurazine threads to help ppl out and so much more. This isn't a hobby and I take it very seriously but sometimes I can miss a thread/PM.

In reference to the intake, the cost to make this intake isn't cheap and these are only being made in small batches too. The cost of the spacer is not included in the price. For the intake, TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets it will be $399 shipped, and $299 shipped for just the intake.

I think we should all appreciate P2R's efforts on behalf of the J-series engine. While everyone else is discontinuing their products, P2R is still making more.

If there is anything else you need please feel free to call me at 203-483-6100 or email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com or IM me at Excelerate04 as these are the quickest methods of communication.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Wow, I guess working 80-90 hours a week isn't enough. Sorry I missed your PM/email but I usually am pretty good about getting back to emails pretty quickly. I didn't have full details on this intake and ETA's so it didn't move as quickly as some other info. Please keep in mind I have a local shop on a main street, and I daily answer about 30 PM's, 50-100 emails, 50-100 phone calls, ship packages, process inventory, work on cars, browse Acurazine threads to help ppl out and so much more. This isn't a hobby and I take it very seriously but sometimes I can miss a thread/PM.

In reference to the intake, the cost to make this intake isn't cheap and these are only being made in small batches too. The cost of the spacer is not included in the price. For the intake, TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets it will be $399 shipped, and $299 shipped for just the intake.

I think we should all appreciate P2R's efforts on behalf of the J-series engine. While everyone else is discontinuing their products, P2R is still making more.

If there is anything else you need please feel free to call me at 203-483-6100 or email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com or IM me at Excelerate04 as these are the quickest methods of communication.

$700.00 for that!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
$700.00 for that!
$700? It's $399 for intake and tb spacer/gaskets and $299 for just the intake.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
$700.00 for that!
reading > you.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I did respond. The emails are below. I just didn't have all the info ready at the time; that was the delay. This is a new product and we were working on pricing, color, details etc I wasn't ignoring you; I just didn't have the info to present yet.
I knew there was more to that story, just didn't sound like Excelerate.

e30cabrio....should've been patient
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
LFG RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the response after the 16th? How is it acceptable for personal information to be posted? MODS???

Wow. I was prepared to move along and let it die but what nerve you have posting my data and lying about responding with actual information. I told you hat car I had, you apparently edited that out, then ignored my immediate response on teh 16th which still goes unanswered.

As to the peanut gallery it is May 21 and there still is no information, just put the work back on us to come up with a group buy.

I am glad I found other sources and would never deal with EXCELERATE
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by brianlin87
reading > you.
Damn that thats what it feels like to eat a entire foot and then some. My bad. I totally missread that. When it said "Intake, TB Spacer" I did not notice the comma there. And thought it was saying Intake Spacer.

MY BAD, MY BAD.

Well at that price I might bite!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
East Coast Crew

What's the point of having a bigger intake? It doesn't do anything. The most amount of air you can get is at the smallest diameter. I can have a 20" intake and it'll still perform the same as one that has equal diameter all the way.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Where is the response after the 16th? How is it acceptable for personal information to be posted? MODS???

Wow. I was prepared to move along and let it die but what nerve you have posting my data and lying about responding with actual information. I told you hat car I had, you apparently edited that out, then ignored my immediate response on teh 16th which still goes unanswered.

As to the peanut gallery it is May 21 and there still is no information, just put the work back on us to come up with a group buy.

I just copied and pasted; I didn't edit anything. Anyways, seeing as this is way off topic feel free to PM me or email me rather than destroy this thread.

The information was posted. I said I need 5 buyers: $299 shipped for the intake and $399 shipped for the intake and TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets. We need a list of 5 ppl.

etc
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Instructor

1. Nightpoison - $399 intake, TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets

Once we have the 5 do we have an eta on when we would expect the setup.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by visuelz
What's the point of having a bigger intake? It doesn't do anything. The most amount of air you can get is at the smallest diameter. I can have a 20" intake and it'll still perform the same as one that has equal diameter all the way.
Of course not, that is why I dynoed it, wasted my gas and time, just for shits and giggles, not to prove power gains or anything.

As Clean CL pointed out, it appears the intake is using the velocity stack principle, and one could theorize that is how the gains are made by having a larger initial diameter and thus creating a reverse megaphone effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_stack

There is science behind these intakes, like I said before, P2R builds and races these engines! This is not some bo-bo backyard project done just to win some sort of crazy ass size competition.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by e30cabrio

I deleted Excelerates post for your sake. But I can see that he did it to save face and not lose business. If you have any more issues regarding this matter please contact Azine staff. Do not post up your issue in this thread any more.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
excelerate - i may have missed it, but is the first post in this thread the expected color of all the intakes being sold? a gunmetal gray powdercoat?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CleanCL
excelerate - i may have missed it, but is the first post in this thread the expected color of all the intakes being sold? a gunmetal gray powdercoat?
Yes it will be gunmetal.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:17 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

its only been a couple of days but any new news on the intake
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Instructor

Not sure what happened to this list, but I m definitely in. With so much excitement about this product, I m surprised at the response.

1. Nightpoison - $399 intake, TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets
2. SkillOBskilled - $399 intake only, TB spacer and 2 thermal gaskets

I am very happy someone is putting forth the R&D to come up with quality products. I only wish I had someone local like that.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Intermediate

This may be a dumb question, but:
How long will this product be available? Is it a limited time offer of sorts?

I don't have an intake and I'm trying to justify buying this.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Alright I'm going to give this special sale until Friday 12 PM EST for ppl to sign up and send payment. We need 5 names to get this going.

The P2R 4" intake will be $299 shipped alone. You will need the TB spacer and gaskets to run this intake so if you don't already have them add $100 for that setup. This will only be for the CL-S and TL-S.

Please send payment to excelerate@sbcglobal.net via Paypal and specify what you're ordering and for what car.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

ill see where i stand with money and them ill see if i get one.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

If we want to buy it after Friday what will the price be???
Old 06-09-2008, 02:03 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

bump for teh above answer
Old 06-10-2008, 04:15 AM
Instructor

I have a few questions regarding the intake.
1. is it aluminum or stainless or is it aluminized exhaust tubing?
2. Has there been testing done with different lengths of the tapered section?
3. If no to # 2 then how did you choose the length you have?
4. Because of the size of the intake does it need a special sized filter?
5. Can you use the AEM bypass valve with your intake?

please do not take these questions the wrong way I am in no means bashing p2r racing. I think these guys are doing a great job and they are coming out with some really cool products. I personaly like to know where my money is going and what it is getting spent on. I like to research everything i buy and know what it is i am actually getting.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Whats the good word? Any new updates?

Quick Reply: P2R 4" Intake Picture. Finally !!!!