order of modification

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
order of modification

MY friend just got a Cl S and I talked him into getting all the mods that I did. (good friend huh) any way everything has arrived (CAI,Sways,SPrings,Exhaust, spark plugs) but the header! Comptech has them on back order and they won't be out of production until next week, so he'll get his in about 2 1/2 weeks from today. You all know that feeling you have when your mods are sitting in cardboard in your living room and you cl is outside just waiting. My question is.. Can he have everything put on now and just do the header when it comes in or should he wait for the header to have the other mods put on at the same time (most importantly the exhaust, sways and springs? We have to take our cars to Phx to have the stuff put on.

------------------
_ _____________________ _
'01 Black CL S, Spoiler, Tint,Comptech Headers, Sways, Exhaust& Springs, AEM CAI w/ Bypass,Denso Iridium Plugs
Old 05-09-2001, 07:11 PM
Drifting

Maybe it would be better for him to wait, so he can get a good deal on the install.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 05-09-2001, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MtBikR:
MY friend just got a Cl S and I talked him into getting all the mods that I did. (good friend huh) any way everything has arrived (CAI,Sways,SPrings,Exhaust, spark plugs) but the header! Comptech has them on back order and they won't be out of production until next week, so he'll get his in about 2 1/2 weeks from today. You all know that feeling you have when your mods are sitting in cardboard in your living room and you cl is outside just waiting. My question is.. Can he have everything put on now and just do the header when it comes in or should he wait for the header to have the other mods put on at the same time (most importantly the exhaust, sways and springs? We have to take our cars to Phx to have the stuff put on.

</font>
Well, if he really can't wait, I would install the AEM CAI and spark plugs first. All the other mods should go on at the same time.

------------------
2001 Black/Parchment Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navi & spoiler
Current Mods: AEM CAI (red), Comptech headers & sway bars, Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires, 15% tint, PIAA 19169's, Infinity Perfect 12" subwoofer, Precision Power PC2600 amplifier, Monster Cable

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1673199&a=12830383&f=0&sp=0
Old 05-09-2001, 07:32 PM
Burning Brakes

allright I'll try him to put the rest of mods in the closet has not to be tempted. But I think he'll put on what he can this weekend. He thought that would be the case with exhaust but he wasn't sure with the sways and springs.I didn't know because all of my stuff was installed the same day. At least I'll still be able to beat him for a few more weeks Anyone elses opinions on this or past expirence?

------------------
'01 Black CL S, Spoiler, Tint,Comptech Headers, Sways, Exhaust& Springs, AEM CAI w/ Bypass,Denso Iridium Plugs

[This message has been edited by MtBikR (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Pro

Call the shop that is going to do the work now to see if in fact they will give him a better deal if he gets his installs done at once. If he is not getting a deal, and if he doesn't mind the inconvenience, then he could get everything but the headers installed now.
Old 05-11-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It should'nt make a difference. Our prices are the same for one mod or more. We charge what we consider a fair price for each. I would get them done now and enjoy them for 3 weeks, then get the headers installed. The added benefit of this is you can get a good feel for the difference the headers will make.

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
*** The opinons expressed above are my own and I in no way speak for American Honda or Acura. ***

2002 TL-S Black on Black
Factory Body Kit, Factory Spoiler, Comptech Springs, Comptech Sways, Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Xephyr CAI
Tuning by Jens
Old 05-11-2001, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

So the exhaust won't interfere with the header install if it is already on? Same thing for the sways?

------------------
Old 05-11-2001, 05:43 PM
Banned

The only thing that you tend to get a better deal on install is suspension. If you get springs...wait for the struts...and it helps for the sways too.

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
Old 05-11-2001, 05:49 PM
Racer

I know exactly how he feels... My CAI and pulleys are sitting in cardboard in my living room right now. Just waiting for the market to close then Im off to the shop.

------------------
Silver CL-S
Factory Spoiler
20% Tint
Denso Iridium Plugs
Comptech headers, sways, exhaust, AEM CAI, Pulleys, and H&R sports all on the way