Old 08-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shut up Tom2
Old 08-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Got Rice?

As far as mustangs go...Not my type of car, but my uncle owns a Cobra and I do have respect for them as far as power goes. The V6s bite and I've yet to see a STOCK gt run a 13s. **Still waiting**
I've seen many a stock GT run 13s, and even ran a 13 myself in my buddy's stock 00 GT. Alas, I am feeling ignored in this thread. A stock Cobra is not that much faster then a stock GT (2 tenths), so again, I'll state my amazement that you guys can beat GTs, yet seemd to overrespect the Cobra in comparison.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Cause stock sux.

Originally posted by Pull_T

I've seen many a stock GT run 13s, and even ran a 13 myself in my buddy's stock 00 GT. Alas, I am feeling ignored in this thread. A stock Cobra is not that much faster then a stock GT (2 tenths), so again, I'll state my amazement that you guys can beat GTs, yet seemd to overrespect the Cobra in comparison.
The automatic GT 00 only runs a 14.7. That was the lowest time I found. So its VERY possible that the CL-S could beat the GT. Very close. The manual times I've found run low 14s. Can't find any that run 13s. So if you would...direct me to a video of a stock GT running that time. Not saying it can't with a good set of tires. I've just yet to see it. But then again, manual by and far depends on the driver. So anything could happen. I don't buy that "I saw it" thing everyone is trying to pull. "I saw it...but..umm...umm......it wouldn't change anything....so...umm....I'm not gonna post it."

Oh...And all you mustangs, stop raggin on Keith's car on the mustang forums. :sqntfawk: Just watch the videos and repect that a luxury car can beat cars where all the money went in the engine.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Got Rice?

The automatic GT 00 only runs a 14.7. That was the lowest time I found. So its VERY possible that the CL-S could beat the GT. Very close. The manual times I've found run low 14s. Can't find any that run 13s. So if you would...direct me to a video of a stock GT running that time. Not saying it can't with a good set of tires. I've just yet to see it. But then again, manual by and far depends on the driver. So anything could happen. I don't buy that "I saw it" thing everyone is trying to pull. "I saw it...but..umm...umm......it wouldn't change anything....so...umm....I'm not gonna post it."
The best time you "found"? In a mag i assume....I am talking what I have seen and run myself at the track. The slushbox can run very low 14s, not 14.7.

Again, I ran a 13.9 in a stock 00 GT. On that one I am not talking about what "I saw", it's what I RAN. Either you believe me or you don't....there is no way a video would "prove" anything.

How about some of you tools get your noses out of the magazines and actually go to a drag strip and watch some cars run.

Have you ever even been to a drag strip?
Old 08-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Tom2- You got pics of your Supra?
Old 08-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Cause stock sux.

The best time you "found"? In a mag i assume....I am talking what I have seen and run myself at the track. The slushbox can run very low 14s, not 14.7.

Again, I ran a 13.9 in a stock 00 GT. On that one I am not talking about what "I saw", it's what I RAN. Either you believe me or you don't....there is no way a video would "prove" anything.

How about some of you tools get your noses out of the magazines and actually go to a drag strip and watch some cars run.

Have you ever even been to a drag strip?
I was at the track last month (Commerce Racetrack). MODED cobras and GTs were running 15 seconds. Given the track was 1 second slow for ALL the cars...even taking that into account. That means that all of them hit 14s at best. No 13s. And I "SAW" that for myself...AT THE TRACK. I'm not magazine racing, as you so call. Thats why it "surprises me" that you say GTs can run 13s stock.

So see...its not that I don't "believe you." I just want to see it myself. All I've seen are videos of Keith beating the shit outta you guys in a car that is supposedly inferior when compared in your track times.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Banned

Your car is faster than modded Cobras, I admit it...you'd prolly smoke me as well.

I don't stand a chance against a car with the infamous "Debadged Rear" mod.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Death Metal

tom2 whats the deal, i posted three times in this thread that i will race your friend's mustang. come on lets set it up so you don't make yourself look like a asshole
Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Cause stock sux.

Your car is faster than modded Cobras, I admit it...you'd prolly smoke me as well.

I don't stand a chance against a car with the infamous "Debadged Rear" mod.
Nice come back.

Moron.

I've never said anything about my car beating anything. Your sooooo fucken positive they run 13s...Then SHOW ME. Don't just say "yea man...I ran it..." PROOF. Heard of it? There are probably 2x the number of mustangs running around than CLs. Somehow we get ours on video, yet you have NONE to show us?

How can I even have an intelligent argument with a person of such low IQ?

Screw this...show me proof. Then we'll talk.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:56 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

tom and pull t and all them little ford boys think they're actually bein taken seriously here.. listen boys go back to your muscle mustang and fast ford forum and keep dreaming those dreams you fags do. punk ass mf 's can't and haven't proven any claims they've conjured up.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:56 PM
Drifting

someone go rent a new mustang from buget and take it
to the track...here you go budget carries the mustang GT
http://www.budgetsat.com/view.cfm?type_id=7
Old 08-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
Tom could you open another thread, I saw few who are willing to go to the drag track and race. Only the serious competitors to your friend's Mustang GT should reply. Also, could you update us on the outcome of the race night.

Thank you and have a good day.
Yeah I think I am going to close this now. If you guys want to argue with each other, keep it off the board and in private messages.

Tom, please do open another thread so that people who will actually go to the track with your friend can set something up...and please keep us updated with the race.