An open challenge to any CL-S owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 07:13 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: An open challenge to any CL-S owner

Originally posted by JRock

Please, show me people saying they beat new Mustang GTs all the time. I want to laugh at that too.

All I saw was you twisting what a handful of CLS owners have reported as races into this whole "omg we beat GTs all the time" which I have never seen people here say. I also see you denying that a CLS could ever possibly have beaten a Mustang GT, which puts you at odds with reality, because it's definitely possible as it has happened. You also twisted this into a track debate, when the races people were talking about were just on the street.

Come on man, be real..... I didn't say that a CL-S could NEVER possibly beat a Mustang GT. The only reason the track came up was because it is the only real way to compare. On the street, anything goes. You wanna take off first while the other guy's sitting there? Fine. But is that really a fair race?

On the other hand, the track is the real deal.....backed by hard numbers. If you beat a car there, then you really beat it. I've seen more street races where the "other" guy didn't even know he was racing....if you know what I mean.

As for your first question, here are a few quotes from another thread:

Zootking-I seem to have no problem beating a new mustang by about a car to 60 and keep pulling.

digitalgm-.... I own a mustang and I know that we are able to take GT's

TypeSKid-I think its fucking hillarious how a 3.2 liter HONDA can beat the pants off of most Mustangs.

Ken Schwartz-Yeah, well I beat a new GT yesterday, the only thing that got by me was his "O" rings as they exploded when he shifted

dbox-it is 100% not possible for a stock mustangGT to hit a 13.ANYTHING. high 14-s at BEST. and like many others have said auto vs auto stick vs stick the cls will win

I think you get the point.......
Old 08-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Cause stock sux.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still want to see your proof of a STOCK mustang GT running 13s.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Got Rice?
I still want to see your proof of a STOCK mustang GT running 13s.
I actually have that timeslip. I could scan it for you, but that wouldn't "prove" anything. If you believe I am lying about running that time, why would you believe that timeslip as being legitimate? You'll claim it is from my Cobra/another car/not stock/etc.

If you want proof, go to a drag strip for yourself.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Pro

So who the fuck won?

Wazuup Tom! Long time...damn, it's been like 2 years since you and I went at it...

From my experience, a CLS WILL NOT beat no damn 01-02 5sp Mustang GT 5sp to no fucking 1/4 mile.

Some of you guys are so full of shit is unreal. If you beat them that bad as in 4 cars, etc. Did it ever occur to you that they may not even be racing?

In my 540i, a GT gives me a hell of a better run than a CLS, as in I walk away from Mustangs vs I run away from CLS.

I'm still trying to run with my boy NovaWhiteTypeS once his work schedule is not so damn wacky....

To the CLS's credit, the car is probably one of the fastest in its class.

Again, who the hell won?
Old 08-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro

Again Pull T, you're being way too damn modest! Trust me, I know your Cobra stock can run 13's all day long.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AC
Again Pull T, you're being way too damn modest! Trust me, I know your Cobra stock can run 13's all day long.
They were referring to my claim that I ran a 13.9 in a bone stock 00 GT, not my car. Really, stock for stock my Cobra only ran 2 tenths better than that....It wasn't that much faster and a buddy of mine here in Houston ran a better stock time than I did in that same 00 GT (13.66 to my 13.71).
Old 08-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

DUDE, I'LL DO IT!!!!!!!
I LIVE LIKE 20 MINUTES AWAY AND HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!!!!! I DONT CARE IF I WIN OR LOSE, I JUST LIKE DRIVING MY CAR, AND IF I WIN I SIMPLY GET TO SMIRK.....
I'M IN... JUST SEND ME AND INSTANT MESSAGE TO YUPPIE99....

LATER
Old 08-12-2002, 12:00 AM
WHO'S NEXT!!

what do you ford guys smoke when your gettin these facts and specs on your cars? can i get some! if motortrend or road and track are giving numbers like 15.1 in reality its more like 15.6 or .7. anyways why aren't you responding to any of the challenges that have been offered to you? i've owned my share of fords and chevy's( 89 50 and a 500+hp 79 camaro without 175shot) no mustang can hang with a cls no matter if the ford was a 5 speed or manual stock vs stock. answer a challenge and you'll never be heard from again about this topic. by the way i was at the track awhile ago and the m3's there (and there were alot of them) were runnin 14.8 14.9's all day long, not the 2000+ m3's btw
Old 08-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally posted by quikcls
what do you ford guys smoke when your gettin these facts and specs on your cars? can i get some! if motortrend or road and track are giving numbers like 15.1 in reality its more like 15.6 or .7. anyways why aren't you responding to any of the challenges that have been offered to you? i've owned my share of fords and chevy's( 89 50 and a 500+hp 79 camaro without 175shot) no mustang can hang with a cls no matter if the ford was a 5 speed or manual stock vs stock. answer a challenge and you'll never be heard from again about this topic. by the way i was at the track awhile ago and the m3's there (and there were alot of them) were runnin 14.8 14.9's all day long, not the 2000+ m3's btw
Where do I get my facts? The timeslips handed to me at Houston Raceway Park. 15.7???? Haha, you must fucking suck behind the wheel to think the general automotive rags run better times than a real drag racer can.

Have you ever been to the track? I doubt it, but head over to Cecil County Raceway and there are tons of Mustangs there that you can get walked by.

You are the most ignorant fool posting on this thread and that is saying a lot.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by Tom2
Well, I still can't see the videos. At least the page comes up though......
Install Quicktime, Tom2...that's probably your problem as .mov's are Quicktime files.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by quikcls
.....no mustang can hang with a cls no matter if the ford was a 5 speed or manual stock vs stock.....
bwahahahahaahahahahaahaahahahaa

Now here's a guy that lives on fantasy island
Old 08-12-2002, 01:32 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by fastvtecCL
i'll race any GT or CORBA !!!!

tag of the day

V8HAHA
Dude, with all the garbage you put on your ride - the best you got is a 13.7 quarter. I think stock stangs can run a 14 flat if the drive can properly command his ride.

Not to flame you, but I think you need a tune-up or some lessons or something.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by BIGPOPPA21
alright everyone shut up. i'll go to englishtown and race no problem. every wendsday is street muffled time trials. i think inspection ends at 7. tom2 if this isn't bullshit your talkin i'll be there.
Bad idea, let Fastvtec do it if anyone is. He's as fast as a stock Mustang. I do think he'd better change his plugs and drink some slimfast for a week to help things out though.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by UncleBens

Dude, with all the garbage you put on your ride - the best you got is a 13.7 quarter. I think stock stangs can run a 14 flat if the drive can properly command his ride.

stock GT's run around 14.6's from what i've seen on ford days at the track, i've never lost to a stock one, and even have pulled on a few w/ a good amount of bolt on's

now a new cobra will destroy me.

Anything before 98 is not worth the time and gas I waste unless it's heavily modified
Old 08-12-2002, 01:50 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by UncleBens

to take 2.5 seconds off his stock time w/ those mods is actually rather impressive. There aren't many cars that will do that, there are many Type S's running close to as much nitrous as he's running and aren't even comming close to him.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:04 PM
D.K
3rd Gear

GOOD LORD!!! I can't believe I actually read through 8 pages of this bullshit!
I swear, some of you people are seriously delusional...no Mustang is a match for any CL?!? Dude, what the HELL are you smoking, cause you really need to package it up and distribute it. Stock for stock, a CL-S is no match for a Mustang GT...well unless if the CL is racing at sea level, and the Mustang is at 5600 ft. Come on now. Car and Driver ran a Stang GT at 13.7 in the 1/4...there's your proof. Anyone who seriously believes that Motor Trend 15.3 garbage, is a whopping moron. If you ever, EVER come across a Mustang (were talking 99-02 GTs here) running under mid 14 (auto or otherwise), then either A) you need to run at that same track, and I guarantee you won't do any better, or B) they shouldn't be driving the car. Damn...give a car 260 HP and add VTEC and I swear some of the owners swear they can beat anything. I had a high 14 sec Prelude...wasn't any CL-S' running away from me then, so if you can't pull away from 200 HP 156 lb/ft of torque, what makes you so positive you can pull away from 260 HP 302 lb/ft? Is it the VTEC, or the fact that Mustangs have plastic dashes? Can't you come up with better gripes than that? Just fuckin race already, and lay an end to this thread.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

Yeah, 2.5 seconds off a stock time is great. But we are talking about going up against a Mustang.... Stock for stock it's pretty obvious who would win. But Fastvtec has got lots of mods and is running with similar times to a stock GT.

Don't go quoting any magazine figures of 15's on stangs.. I've seen plenty run at the track stock in the 14's and NJ is at sea level so you can expect that this one will be there as well (should the driver know how to launch and shift)

Why be so arrogant, CLs are nice cars but just can't stand up to the bigger engine. Now what do you say when the CL gets beat at the track with real numbers and a xmas tree to help keep it fair? GTs come stock with 260 hp and loads of torque, throw on some mods and they will push that to the tires. That's muscle, the CL is refined, it's nice and pretty. It's a girls car that's why my girl drives one.

I'm just trying to say, if you want a fast car, buy one and make it faster. Don't get yourself into an uphill battle trying to get a luxury 40 something car to be a drag racer. Even if it's marketed that way. Besides, putting all the garbage and naawwssssss on it takes away from the reliability everyone is so proud of. Again, don't say it doesn't cause it does - extra wear and abuse on the engine.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

OMG...Never in my life have I ever read so much bullshit. YOu import drivers need to get off that higher than life totum pole you are all sitting on. V8's....Haha. Whatever! I'll get more power out of my V8 then any of you ever will out of your 4's. Now, I have respect for many cars and car enthusiests, but damn, alot of you are saying that V8's are a joke, and you can smoke any cobra and Gt. I don't think so. I've seen your cars running at the track every friday night, stock for stock against a newer GT hardly ever win. Start showing some respect for other cars, your cars are not the all mighty you make them out to be. I don't care if this is an acura site or not, grow up. How old are all of you, 16-21. Get a life. Learn more about cars before you post stupid comments about other cars. Yeah, a newer GT with a good driver behind the wheel, at best gets a 14.1. Getting high 13's is not easy. Stock. Now, for a 21-24K dollar car you can't knock that. That is very good. Now in no way am I going to knock the CL S, that is a damn good and fast car, I love american muscle, but I also have respect for imports, especially like that car. 14.8's. That is damn impressive. Very close to GT's. Very. Older GT's stock don't stand a chance. i had a 2k V6 stang that ran a 15.5 that was beating 94-98 Gt's. Not all of them, but a few. We'll, thats my .02.

Oh, I own a 2003 Cobra electric Blue, ran a 12.8 STOCK.
I also own a 2002 Z28 LS-1 6-speed. ran a 13.1 Ram-Air
I'm in orlando Fla. At the tracks most friday nights, any CL-S want any of those 2 cars to spank them, I'll meet you there! Unless ofcourse you modded your car and it's running 11's
Peace and no Flame intedid!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:39 PM
The Human Radar Detector

Im glad to hear from someone who actually owns a 2003 Cobra not some guy who talks about his friend's.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by jttoombs
Im glad to hear from someone who actually owns a 2003 Cobra not some guy who talks about his friend's.
Yeah, tell me about it. It always seems like everyone has a friend of a friend who has a faster car. Hello everybody!! There is ALWAYS a faster car. No matter how fast your car is, someone has a faster one.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Team Owner

Well, I don’t know who, but SOMEONE has been linking this thread to the Mustang Forums.

For the record, I know what the Mustang can do and I WON’T be lining up along side one with high expectations anytime soon.

The CL is a luxury car with a kick ass engine that goes pretty fast.
The mustang is cheap speed. Lot’s of economy parts inside the cockpit because the money was all spent under the hood.
They will kick our ASS unless the CL is highly modified or the Mustang driver can’t shift.

Shawn S
Old 08-12-2002, 02:51 PM
2002 CLs w/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HERE THEY COME....... I'm tired of hearing all this, someone race, get video too.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:53 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by jttoombs
Are you referring to me?

If so, I'll be happy to talk to you about my Supra Turbo....or even my M3, both of which will spank a CL-S
Old 08-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Team Owner

If so, I'll be happy to talk to you about my Supra Turbo....or even my M3, both of which will spank a CL-S
Hell, I can beat your M3 right now.........ON FOOT.
Isn’t it sitting in the shop ???

Shawn S
Old 08-12-2002, 03:07 PM
4th Gear

Originally posted by Shawn S

Shawn S
Nice!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:10 PM
TheCarBreathesNitrousToo!

hey can a GT meet me at moroso motorsports park soon please, im feeling hungry...
Old 08-12-2002, 03:11 PM
TheCarBreathesNitrousToo!

Tom2 what does your Turbo or your M3 run or have you ran it yet?
Old 08-12-2002, 03:33 PM

Who won the damn race?
Old 08-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Who won the damn race?
I don't think they've raced yet....
Old 08-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by CLSmike
Tom2 what does your Turbo or your M3 run or have you ran it yet?
I haven't had the M3 to the track. Never got a chance before the engine went boom. Should run low 13's stock.

The Supra runs low 12's on street radials. Trap speed is about 118 mph. With slicks, that should easily be a low 11 second time. But I don't think the suspension could handle slicks on the Supra running that kind of times.....
Old 08-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by Shawn S

Shawn S
Yeah, but I should have it by this Thursday.

So you better start running now
Old 08-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Banned

Yep, and his M3 will be in the shop again shortly after. The worse M3 built is the current gen.

They are blowing engines left and right due to problems with the engine falling apart.

At least we don't have that problem!
Old 08-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by SilverBullet

They are blowing engines left and right due to problems with the engine falling apart.

So let me get this straight...... they are blowing engines due to the engine falling apart?

LOL
Old 08-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Unregistered Member

Oh, by the way, my M3 w/ a blown engine will still smoke your CL
Old 08-12-2002, 06:59 PM
Unregistered Member

At least we don't have that problem!
No, your engines are fine. It's your TRANSMISSIONS that fall apart.

Either way, we're both going nowhere......
Old 08-12-2002, 07:02 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom could you open another thread, I saw few who are willing to go to the drag track and race. Only the serious competitors to your friend's Mustang GT should reply. Also, could you update us on the outcome of the race night.

Thank you and have a good day.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:14 PM
STi

Oh, by the way, my M3 w/ a blown engine will still smoke your CL
Yeah, more like giving us a hella smoke coming from your engine *cough *cough can't breathe and can't see jack ahhhhh!!! LOL
Old 08-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Banned

No, your engines are fine. It's your TRANSMISSIONS that fall apart.

Either way, we're both going nowhere......
Let's see here...

New tranny $3k CL-S

vs

BMW new engine $12k+

Wow!! I rather have my tranny go which is a very small percent. There are already over 40%+ owners on the club that have blown engines.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Unregistered Member

Let's see here...

New tranny $3k CL-S

vs

BMW new engine $12k+

Wow!! I rather have my tranny go which is a very small percent. There are already over 40%+ owners on the club that have blown engines.
Good theory, but here's reality for you:

New tranny for a CL-S $0.00 covered under warranty

New engine for M3 $0.00 covered under warranty

As for your 40%.... nope...way off. The number of M3s sold compared to the number of M3's with blown engines is less than 3%
Old 08-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Cause stock sux.

Why are you guys comparing M3s with CL-Ss?

The M3 totally outclasses the CL-S. But the CL-S is a better value.

As far as mustangs go...Not my type of car, but my uncle owns a Cobra and I do have respect for them as far as power goes. The V6s bite and I've yet to see a STOCK gt run a 13s. **Still waiting**

Quick Reply: An open challenge to any CL-S owner