OMG...cant believe it happened to me....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 05:45 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG...cant believe it happened to me....

my freaking tranny went out today and it couldnt have come at a better time. i was cruising down university ave in berkeley and *waaaannnnggg*, my engine starts to rev. i look down at the shift gate but the shifters locked in d5. wtf!!! i started to panic as my car started to slow down creating traffic at the busy intersection. S***, what should i do???? of course my first reaction was to stomp the accelerator and yank the shifter back down to D2.......... WAM!!!!, the tranny suddenly grabs and the car lunges foward to safety. i parked my car and decided to give roadside assistance a call and what a great experience that was. this stupid b**** on the other end couldnt find my name in the system for the longest time, and when she was able to retrieve it, she called this bogis towing company that never showed up. to shorten my nightmarish experience, i ended up leaving my car in berkeley somewhere after waiting for 3 full hours alone with my pack of stogs. AND IM TRYING TO QUIT CIGARETTES BUT HOW CAN I IF S*** LIKE THIS HAPPENS. what a f****** night. need some info doods/doodettes. what should i do now??? what should i expect from Acura of Marin??? Am i entitled to a loaner?? how long should i expect the repairs to take??? any chance they would replace my tranny with the manual??? any info is appreciated.....thanks
---mark me as one dissatisfied acura owner---
Old 11-04-2001, 07:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Dude, that sucks. You should of course take the car to the dealer, tell them whats up. You should get a loaner. They'll fix it and lol i doubt they can drop a 6 speed in there. It may take a few days to a few months. Good Luck!
Old 11-04-2001, 09:42 AM
6 speed...

Re: OMG...cant believe it happened to me....

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
of course my first reaction was to stomp the accelerator and yank the shifter back down to D2.......... WAM!!!!, the tranny suddenly grabs and the car lunges foward to safety.
well, if your tranny wasn't dead in the first place, that full throttle neutral drop into 2nd (we don't have a "d2", btw) probably finished it off...

it really sucks you had a hard time with the roadside assistance, too.
Old 11-04-2001, 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how many miles? how old is the car? driven hard? SS mode alot or what? i wanna know before my car gives out too
Old 11-05-2001, 01:41 AM
Drifting

I feel your pain! You definetly should get a loner or a rental...and get ready to wait. Unless you have a good dealership and they have an extra one laying around . Mine has been in the shop for 2 week now and they said they have no idea when they are going to be getting some in...they said probably a few more weeks ! I am going to try to see about not haveing to pay my car notes while its in the shop. I am going through american honda finance so we will see...I should not have to pay and not be able to use my car!
Old 11-05-2001, 01:44 AM
- daemonichris -

well i'm sure they'll give you a loaner... but considering the fact that i've been waiting on the backorder since sept. 20, you'll be driving without your CL for a while...
Old 11-05-2001, 09:06 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Chris
i've been waiting on the backorder since sept. 20

Are you kidding! Are you still paying on youre car or is it paid off? Are they alowing you not to pay your car notes since you have not had your car for so long???
Old 11-05-2001, 09:19 AM
Intermediate

Read your note, Mope. Does it say, "No run, no pay??" Of course not. I'm sure it says, "No run, you pay. Bend over!!"
Old 11-05-2001, 09:50 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Sounds like the flywheel to me, but that's my $.02 =)
Old 11-05-2001, 10:50 AM
Racer

It would be nice if they would replace all these tranny failures with better ones instead of replacing the same pos that failled in the first place. Anyone know if they have done any R&D or made any improvements, or are we getting the same shit put back in?
My fear is that I wont drive my car enough to blow the pos tranny before my waranty is expired. I have had my car over 8 months and just hit 5000 miles last weekend. Once I get close to expiration, im going to run the shit out of that fucker. Hopefully by then, they will be replacing them with upgraded 2003 transmissions or some aftermarket co. will have a good tranny upgrade or us...
Old 11-05-2001, 12:43 PM
Instructor

28,105 miles
i use SS alot (est. atleast 50% of the time)
bought it nov 20, 2000
im off to acura as we speak. we'll see what they have to say. wish me luck.
Oh....and one more thing, i also complained about my brakes causing the steering wheel to shake and Danny Roque, the service rep. from Marin Acura, said that he'll take a look at it. I told him that im a well informed owner who is registered in the acura-cl.com forum, and have read a lot of complaints about the brakes going out fast. "Im pretty sure its covered under the warranty." he said.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:52 PM
Banned

Re: OMG...cant believe it happened to me....

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
my freaking tranny went out today and it couldnt have come at a better time. i was cruising down university ave in berkeley and *waaaannnnggg*, my engine starts to rev. i look down at the shift gate but the shifters locked in d5. wtf!!! i started to panic as my car started to slow down creating traffic at the busy intersection. S***, what should i do???? of course my first reaction was to stomp the accelerator and yank the shifter back down to D2.......... WAM!!!!, the tranny suddenly grabs and the car lunges foward to safety. i parked my car and decided to give roadside assistance a call and what a great experience that was. this stupid b**** on the other end couldnt find my name in the system for the longest time, and when she was able to retrieve it, she called this bogis towing company that never showed up. to shorten my nightmarish experience, i ended up leaving my car in berkeley somewhere after waiting for 3 full hours alone with my pack of stogs. AND IM TRYING TO QUIT CIGARETTES BUT HOW CAN I IF S*** LIKE THIS HAPPENS. what a f****** night. need some info doods/doodettes. what should i do now??? what should i expect from Acura of Marin??? Am i entitled to a loaner?? how long should i expect the repairs to take??? any chance they would replace my tranny with the manual??? any info is appreciated.....thanks
---mark me as one dissatisfied acura owner---
Exactly what happened to me...more or less...
Expect the BS that they'll have it fixed in 3-4 days once a tranny comes. You are entitled to a loaner once they find out that there are no trannys available, in fact, once they diagnose the problem...and are going to warranty it...tell them to call then and there..and get your loaner...they will not replace your tranny with a manual...even if it were available. Oh yeah...btw, expect to wait 3-5 weeks....since it's been over a month for Chris...and close to the same for me....figure that it may take that long for yours.
I also bought mine 11/24/00....37K
Old 11-06-2001, 04:05 AM
Instructor

wassup folks... Mr. Roque didnt seem too ecstatic when handing me the keys to the '00 TL courtesy vehicle. unfortunately, he said that i might need to come in every three days to "renew the loaner agreement" since it runs out. he told me to expect 11/2 to 2 months for my car to be ready. whatever. all in all, it works out in my favor. i was racking up too many miles too quickly anyway. I was also talking to a friend of mine who mentioned something about a no lemon law for new vehicles in california. wondering if anyone would know what the procedures were just in case i might need to fight my own war.

anyone here not trust the service technicians with personal items left in vehicle while in service??????? s***, might need to take another trip back to acura tomorrow....
Old 11-06-2001, 08:27 AM
Drifting

Check here for the Lemon Law in your state http://www.autosafety.org/
Old 11-06-2001, 09:44 AM
Intermediate

The same source you (NOLACLS) did not/ could not navigate effectively. Have you retained counsel for your personal Lemon Law claim?? Spend less time on this Board and use it to persue your remedies!!