Some very cool readin
Old 08-25-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RedLineTypeS:
<STRONG>http://www.satoauto.com/rideand.htm

Some very cool readin</STRONG>
Yeah,

Met Colin Sato personally at the local Acura dealership where I was getting my sways and springs installed. Nice guy and an avid auto-crosser. He's the salesman there.
Old 08-26-2001, 12:48 AM
Prostyle Owner

Excellent stuff

Bimmer: overrated and overpriced!
volvo: don't really like them
benz: love them to death, grew up around them, love everything but the 320 clk
CL-S: my baby that kicks all their a**es

later,
dantes
Old 08-26-2001, 10:23 AM
Burning Brakes

I hear you Dantes. I considered all 4 and drove all 4 before buying the CL-S and it is by far the best choice (unless you are materialistically insecure)
Old 08-27-2001, 09:43 AM
Banned

I was impressed right up unitl you said the author was an ACURA salesman. What is he gonna do dis the product he sells? I know the CLS beats those other cars without breaking a swaet, but the author had to be somewhat bias.
Old 10-27-2001, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally posted by bone_stock
I was impressed right up unitl you said the author was an ACURA salesman. What is he gonna do dis the product he sells? I know the CLS beats those other cars without breaking a swaet, but the author had to be somewhat bias.
It amazes me how many people still find that old review and "review" the review. The question remains, am I biased? I do have a job to do, and this involves promoting my product. BUT I'm also a avid driving enthusiast, experianced autocrosser (closing in on my third consecutive A Stock title), and our store's local "car nut". If you want me to "dis" the CL, I will: It's FWD and there is no manual available. Umm, that's about all that is wrong with the car (for me at least).

Are the other cars better cars? Yes and no. You're not going to get very far nor gain too much credibility by dissing the europeans. The quality of the workmanship, and the dealers who back the cars are as good as the auto industry gets. The real question is value. When you distill the parts down, leather, steel, and rubber; are the europeans still ahead? IMO they combine the same "raw" ingrediants but come out with a much higher price. In many cases they offer less product but still cost more. What we are left with is difficult to put your finger on. Is is image, is it soul, is it heritage, or some other mystical quality? For some european owners it is exactly those things. For me, these things do not count!

Performance is what matters. Our car performs better in the tests we did. If the bimmer was a stick shift, I'm sure the results would have been different, but I cannot change that. I stand by my review
Old 10-28-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Colin

It amazes me how many people still find that old review and "review" the review. The question remains, am I biased? I do have a job to do, and this involves promoting my product. BUT I'm also a avid driving enthusiast, experianced autocrosser (closing in on my third consecutive A Stock title), and our store's local "car nut". If you want me to "dis" the CL, I will: It's FWD and there is no manual available. Umm, that's about all that is wrong with the car (for me at least)...........

Hey Colin! Welcome to the CL Board! I agree with what you said. For the value, it's hard to beat. So when are you guys having another S2000 get together? Mind if a CL-S join in ?
Old 10-28-2001, 08:25 AM
foe
Racer

Originally posted by Colin

It amazes me how many people still find that old review and "review" the review. The question remains, am I biased? I do have a job to do, and this involves promoting my product. BUT I'm also a avid driving enthusiast, experianced autocrosser (closing in on my third consecutive A Stock title), and our store's local "car nut". If you want me to "dis" the CL, I will: It's FWD and there is no manual available. Umm, that's about all that is wrong with the car (for me at least).

Are the other cars better cars? Yes and no. You're not going to get very far nor gain too much credibility by dissing the europeans. The quality of the workmanship, and the dealers who back the cars are as good as the auto industry gets. The real question is value. When you distill the parts down, leather, steel, and rubber; are the europeans still ahead? IMO they combine the same "raw" ingrediants but come out with a much higher price. In many cases they offer less product but still cost more. What we are left with is difficult to put your finger on. Is is image, is it soul, is it heritage, or some other mystical quality? For some european owners it is exactly those things. For me, these things do not count!

Performance is what matters. Our car performs better in the tests we did. If the bimmer was a stick shift, I'm sure the results would have been different, but I cannot change that. I stand by my review
Dont forget the tranny and no fog lights.