OH MY LORD, I feel so bloated...how about u? (10kmile update)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 06:12 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH MY LORD, I feel so bloated...how about u? (10kmile update)

Not a deep update...just some shit:

shit, even in stock form, I feel as though my freakin' 6speed cls is getting heavier. All stock but yet the car feels HEAVY. Lately i've been having some annoyances with the 6speeder. I didn't with the 01 auto but with the 6speeder, I feel the car to be a nuisance sometimes (in the hot weather) to drive. it seems as though I need to rev the fuck outta first gear to move..then shift into 2nd (which seems just OK)...the problem is when I try to corner and shit...

fuck, the weight is just felt like a goddamn rice bag on my back. I can feel the weight of the car and i don't think the bitch likes to corner much. I have about 10k miles now...2nd gear is not misbehaving so frequently except when the tranny is cold...it still notches here and then...but it's ok.

I have the CT swaybars installed when I got the car..but the springs are still sitting in the garage...perhaps i should lower her? I can't afford new struts now...and in case I fuck up my suspension, I have no money to replace..so I'm so reluctant to install the springs...I think I can use alot more power though..the headers and intake are so tempting...jesus, i need money.

Also, I find the freakin' navigation to be so outdated...damn, I have a hard ass time finding a store...example: I need to go to costco. I am in issaquah, WA. How the hell do I get the right costco without fucking finding the 3 that are 1000miles+ away!?!?!? The interface to find a location (not by phone number but by storename/category) is just awful..and shit, the maps are so outdated!!!!!

Anyway to resolve these gripes? Besides the bitchin', everything is running smooooooth. I love the car...wouldn't give it up..but I'd definitely want to cut the fat off this car..it feels so damn heavy ALL THE TIME especially in the 6speed. In the auto 01, even though the car was heavy, I don't find the weight annoying..perhaps cause I have to manually shift gears, and using the clutch, I'm gettin' fatigued.. (I complained about fatigue awhile back in another thread). Shit, great car for the money...but lose the goddam weight!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your six speed is actually slightly lighter then the auto.

You're having problems in first that were not there before. Perhaps your clutch is slipping already?

The car is heavy, but I'm not really having too much problem around corners except for the stock body roll. Perhaps you're not timing your shift into 2nd and throttle up correctly when you're rounding the turn. Timing is everything when you want that precise tight turn.

I have no problems with mine at 11K + miles. I'm getting my sways/springs/headers installed next week. I think it'll be a whole different beast after that...
Old 04-30-2003, 07:15 AM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by Slimey
Your six speed is actually slightly lighter then the auto.

You're having problems in first that were not there before. Perhaps your clutch is slipping already?

'

At 10kmiles???? That is not possible for I have not done any damage to the car..haven't raced, mishifted, etc...only stalled it about 15 times since initial purchase..

hope it's not another acura bullshit...by the way, my headlamps are FOGGED YET AGAIN..both sides...this is the 5th time!
Old 04-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Busy Living

springs may help some. They'll help with the front-back bobbing, and help the sway a little. if $ is tight now, I would at least try to replace the front shocks when installing the springs. i'd say 75% of the time that springs take to swap is taken up by the front.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
At 10kmiles???? That is not possible for I have not done any damage to the car..haven't raced, mishifted, etc...only stalled it about 15 times since initial purchase.
You stalled it 15 TIMES. Somebody needs some driving lessons.
I’ve only stalled mine TWICE and both of those times were in the first WEEK with the car.

As for the weight, YES, our car weighs a lot, but all those luxury & safety goodies add to this.

When you install your springs it will help, but it won’t be a night/day change.
To really notice it you’re going to need new rubber too and maybe an upper strut bar.

I agree that the Navagation Database BLOWS. The last major upgrade was in 2001 and even then it wasn’t complete.
If they don’t fix it with the fall release I’m gonna EXPLODE with frustration to Acura Customer Service.

Shawn S

PS… You can kill a clutch in 500-MILES if you really try.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDt I agree with you about the car running worse in the warm weather....It is really a noticible difference that I dont feel should be there ---seems like an engineering oversight that wasnt worked through with the Type S/ MT combo. Also Ive noticed the RPMs must be ketp up higher than I would think to avoid the shifting to be "lugging" or really truck-like
Old 04-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Way Fast Whitey

Agreed, car loves cold weather, but so does my bike.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:25 PM
CL 6 speeder

I find my 6 speed to be somewhat more nimble than I expected. It bit more body roll in turns but it bits corners pretty good. The comptech anti roll bars are probably something I will add at some point. I find just a bit more RPMs (than other manuals) are needed for starting in first but just a bit. Never stalled the car. If you can't get used to a few more revs in one gear (other shifts are just fine), drive a automatic and stop complaining. This is far and away the best 6 cylinder, 5 or 6 speed manual in existance.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: OH MY LORD, I feel so bloated...how about u? (10kmile update)

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Not a deep update...just some shit:

shit, even in stock form, I feel as though my freakin' 6speed cls is getting heavier. All stock but yet the car feels HEAVY. Lately i've been having some annoyances with the 6speeder. I didn't with the 01 auto but with the 6speeder, I feel the car to be a nuisance sometimes (in the hot weather) to drive. it seems as though I need to rev the fuck outta first gear to move..then shift into 2nd (which seems just OK)...the problem is when I try to corner and shit...

fuck, the weight is just felt like a goddamn rice bag on my back. I can feel the weight of the car and i don't think the bitch likes to corner much. I have about 10k miles now...2nd gear is not misbehaving so frequently except when the tranny is cold...it still notches here and then...but it's ok.

I have the CT swaybars installed when I got the car..but the springs are still sitting in the garage...perhaps i should lower her? I can't afford new struts now...and in case I fuck up my suspension, I have no money to replace..so I'm so reluctant to install the springs...I think I can use alot more power though..the headers and intake are so tempting...jesus, i need money.

Also, I find the freakin' navigation to be so outdated...damn, I have a hard ass time finding a store...example: I need to go to costco. I am in issaquah, WA. How the hell do I get the right costco without fucking finding the 3 that are 1000miles+ away!?!?!? The interface to find a location (not by phone number but by storename/category) is just awful..and shit, the maps are so outdated!!!!!

Anyway to resolve these gripes? Besides the bitchin', everything is running smooooooth. I love the car...wouldn't give it up..but I'd definitely want to cut the fat off this car..it feels so damn heavy ALL THE TIME especially in the 6speed. In the auto 01, even though the car was heavy, I don't find the weight annoying..perhaps cause I have to manually shift gears, and using the clutch, I'm gettin' fatigued.. (I complained about fatigue awhile back in another thread). Shit, great car for the money...but lose the goddam weight!
I know your speaking for yourself, but I don't have any of the gripes you do. I am surprised daily at how well the car performs despite the weight. It doesn't run as strong now as its warming up but it still runs hard. I regularly drive on mountain roads at 8/10ths and I have almost 12k with no complaints except that I'm still stock.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Daily Driver

There's another recent thread on how to make the car lighter and with a better weight ratio - ditching the spare and jack, getting a lighter battery and mounting it in the trunk, etc. Haven't tried it, but seems like it might help if you don't mind calling Acura TLC if you get a flat.

Once I got the sways on my 6spd, I got a big old smile on my face, I've been quite happy with the cornering. My only gripe is that the tires can't hold up anymore, but new rubber will fix that easily. It's a different feel than a lighter car (Miata, etc.) will have going into corners, but with a properly timed shift to 2nd and a little gas at the apex, you can feel the engine and the HLSD rocket you out of the turn. That always brings a smile to my face.

Agreed on the problems with Navi finding Costcos 3000 miles away, hopefully the new Navi software will fix that when it finally comes out.