Northwest Acura (formerly Woodfield) in Chicago...NICE JOB!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northwest Acura (formerly Woodfield) in Chicago...NICE JOB!

I have (had, soon) a 2003 satin silver non navi that I bought on the last day of November, 2002. It now has 11,700 on the clock. Nothing wrong with it, nada, zero, zip. I powder coat for a living, research, and this is a fantastic, plastic, heat cured paint that has no solvents and is environmentally friendly, and is extremely corrosion resistant. I've been doing this for 14 years, so, I know what works and what doesn't.

I ran across a new technology, and had it applied to my wheels and I love it. Nicky Pass has his wheels out there now also. I am NOT advertising for this guy, but a picture is worth 1,000 words, so... www.goodrichtechnology.com click on permastar, and look at the three finishes. Mine is the black pearl chrome.

The problem, to me, is it clashes with satin silver. So I go to NW acura for an oil change, and they haven't moved the car to a service bay. Behind me rolls up an anthricite CLS, and it takes about 2 nanoseconds to figure out this is the color for my car. But, I can't trade a seven month old car that works perfectly for a COLOR! So, my warped mind says "get an antricite with a navi". That is bullshit logic, but, it worked for me! Turns out, there are only THREE anthricite CLS 6 speeds left in the country, one in Ohio and two in the land of fruits and nuts. But, I AM going to Ohio every week, for the next 16 weeks from Chicago.

So, I tell NW acura to find me a car, and it did. My original plans were to take my tires and wheels, in a rental car to Dublin, Ohio and get them put on my new car. I would not be back for five days. No dice, no spare wheels and tires at NW, and it would tie up a lift.

NW talked to the Ohio dealer, and struck a deal. Initally, I would have to rent a car to get to the job site, 125 miles southwest of Dublin, Ohio, and I could get the car on Tuesday night. What a hassel. a 250 mile round trip back to Hillsboro, Ohio after I have driven 400 miles the day before.

The dealers had to exchange money, and a check could not be cut by NW until they got an invoice, but they KNEW what the invoice total would be. No check until monday morning, and FedEx cannot deliver until tuesday. The Ohio dealer would not even consider prepping the car until they got a check.

Since I was going there anyway, I volunteered to carry the check to the dealer in Ohio, Chris Eugenis, the deal approving guy at NW Acura agreed. They removed a LOT of hassel for me, and they jumped through a LOT of hoops, because I asked them to.

This is my seventh Acura I have bought from them in 11 years, and I expect to be a long time customer because of this excellent purchasing experience. They found the car I wanted, two states away, avoided transportation costs, and even let ME carry the check to the dealer, so I could get my car quicker.

I suppose I could open the envelope containing the check on the way to Dublin, to find out what the dealer profit was, but, not gonna do it! My relationship with this dealership is too good to do that.

Chris Eugenis of Northwest Acura, you are my MAGNIFICANT PAGAN GOD! Thank you so much!

And for the rest of you Acura buyers out there, you should be so lucky to have a dealer who matches Northwest Acura.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anthracite/Nav > *
Old 06-21-2003, 04:34 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats, n e pics yet??
Old 06-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Its the best service department of any dealership I have even been too!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
to that Nicky!! I'm gonna miss those guys when i move
Old 06-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Drifting

Darrin: NO PICS, until the spoiler is on, the wheels are swapped, and the pinstriping is on. The pinstriping, ironically, will match satin silver, cause I replaced the black "A" emblems (on the wheel centers) with satin silver when I had to produce 1 mm thick metal discs to have the goodrich coating applied, cause the plastic would have melted. Expect them on 6/28 if Smitty and Nicky are on the ball. This is not going to be an auto show car, but I am betting it will look pretty good! Check out the goodrich link, and imagine those
black satin chrome wheels with an anthricite background. I think, I got a winner here...

Nicky, if your wheel centers are plastic, I just stated your solution. I'd hate to see you get your beautiful black satin chrome wheel back and have you say, "Damn! Now what do I do about the center caps????" Make 1 mm thick discs out of aluminum, have gary coat them, make the emblems, stick em on, and glue them to the plastic center caps. Capish?
Old 06-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Drifting

Two more things: I wanted the new car to be waxed when I got it, but I was careful to keep my nose out of the dealer negotiations while they were bantering. After things were finialized, I asked Chris for the dealer name and phone number, because I was willing to pay the Ohio dealer to wax the car. 60-80$, I figured. I don't have the time , or the inclination. Chris replied that that was included in the deal cost. Classy.

Then, because I have to rent a car, one way to Ohio, incredibly, every rent a car would not put up with a one way ride from a burb, to another burb. The only one who would was Hertz, at $160 a day. The hell with that. I could drop the car off at NW early Monday, tell Dad to meet me there, and drive me to O'hare so I could get the rent a car. But Dad is 85, and I don't want him to drive that much on busy expressways. So, NW Acura will have a courier available, and he will shuttle me to O'hare to get the rent a car. Back to the dealer, swap the stuff in the trunk, and I am on my way, no cost! Nice job, AGAIN!
Old 06-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Loseit.....where are you moving too????
dfreder.....would chrome caps on black chrome wheels look bad???
Old 06-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Drifting

Nick: I just posted your solution in another thread. Look around. But I think your answer is YES, they would look like...well...bad.

Your eye will be drawn to the center of the wheel. And in painting, if you can't match, exactly, well, CONTRAST! After all, look at any 99 TL. No matter what color, they have chrome door handles, and silver wheels. Three colors, right? and, it looks good.

Only because it is seperated by several feet of space. I truely do not feel you would be happy whth the black satin pearl wheels with bright chrome center caps. See other posts we are related to, I posted the solution. It is exactly what I did. No complaints from anyone one this board, and no complaints from ME, and I have the most critical eye...after all, it's MY car!
Old 06-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Out of curiosity, how much did this little fashion adventure set you back?
Old 06-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Drifting

$7750. And I dont care one whit about it. I got the color I want, I will now have a navi, I gained On Star service, and added a spoiler. When I traded up from a 2002 RSX-S, I financed $13,248 for the silver CLS on 11/30/02. I had the car paid off on 5/23/2003, for a 48 month loan. This time, they gave me a 60 month loan (I don't know why, but it doesn't matter) at 2.9%. Payments would be $152.57, total $9154 on $8502 borrowed, when you include the TTL. I will have the car paid for by 10/1.2003.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
wow, only $7750.

you could have a low mileage M3 by now.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Drifting

Matt, BMWs are nice cars, but to me, the seats are hard and some of the controls confusing. I have a nephew who bought a USED 330 CI, and hip payments are $475 for 60 months(!) I drove it. nice car. Then I took my NEW CLS6 out of the garage and let him drive it with 260 HP. Dale said to me "Nice. How much was this thing, $45,000?" (may payments were $276/48 mo). I showed him the window sticker at $31,550 (or, whatever it was) and you could see he was absolutely SHOCKED! Last seen, he was trying to undo his deal at the BMW dealer, but, I don't think I have to tell you how successful he was at that. He now says "the next time I buy another car, I will be more careful at comparing prices and performance"

After he drove mine, I think he is now disappointed in his car, or at the very least, his deal. As my nephew is a good kid, he don't know shit about cars, and I think he bought a BMW is just to say "I own a BMW." Big deal.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by dfreder370
Matt, BMWs are nice cars, but to me, the seats are hard and some of the controls confusing. I have a nephew who bought a USED 330 CI, and hip payments are $475 for 60 months(!) I drove it. nice car. Then I took my NEW CLS6 out of the garage and let him drive it with 260 HP. Dale said to me "Nice. How much was this thing, $45,000?" (may payments were $276/48 mo). I showed him the window sticker at $31,550 (or, whatever it was) and you could see he was absolutely SHOCKED! Last seen, he was trying to undo his deal at the BMW dealer, but, I don't think I have to tell you how successful he was at that. He now says "the next time I buy another car, I will be more careful at comparing prices and performance"

After he drove mine, I think he is now disappointed in his car, or at the very least, his deal. As my nephew is a good kid, he don't know shit about cars, and I think he bought a BMW is just to say "I own a BMW." Big deal.
OUCH

Ur nephew----->
Old 06-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
good choice then Dave. if it makes you happy, thats what counts. it's good to have die hard cl fans around here.

Old 06-22-2003, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Without factoring in any cost of the new financing or interest you paid on the loan you bought out, you paid over $1K per month ($7,500 divided by 7 months) on top of the purchase price of the Silver car you traded in (you said you owned it outright). In return you've got the same car (with Navi) that's worth about the same thing resale wise. You must really like Anthracite.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:21 PM
Cruisin'

i think it was a fine trade off.. hes happy now and he has a nice ass car in a pretty color.... why so negative?
Old 06-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Drifting

I got what I wanted. My main mistake was that I did not hold out for what I wanted with the first , silver CLS6. I agree, it was not prudent moneywise, but now, I am getting what I want. It is only money.