Noob here, got a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob here, got a few questions...

I just purchased an 01 CL-S and unfortunately it did not come with the owner's manual.

I'm wondering about how to program the garage door opener buttons to work with both the gate to get into my complex as well as my garage door. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone knows where I can download the owner's manual, that info would also be great.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Hmm...Is that right??

maybe you can get a good deal on manual on ebay..

first, hold both outside buttons down until the red light flashes repeatedly (this takes a while and will clear any stored codes)

then hold down the button you want to program while holding down the button on the remote for the gate (hold the remote close up to the Hlink panel) again until the red light flashes repeatedly. note, on mine, I had to push the button on the remote repeatedly while holding the button on the Hlink panel.

If your remotes have rolling codes, I can't help you as I have no experience, but the process is different, that I know.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Hmm...Is that right??

oh yeah, welcome to the forums....and good luck with your hlink..
Old 03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

thanks, i'll try that.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Check out this thead:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=homelink

Link to the owners manual is in it... They are $37, so see if you can get one cheaper on ebay. A lot of the questions can be found here (if you're good with the search function). There's a CL FAQ too:

http://www.geocities.com/~gamesmgr/chod/acura/

And the Acurazine CL FAQ forum here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-news-3/
Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Intermediate

thanks again; i was able to get the homelink programmed to open the gate to my complex, however it won't work for the garage door. guess i'll need to do some futher research for that. i noticed in one of those threads that somone mentioned something about needing to do something with the actuall garage door opener, not just the remote.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Hmm...Is that right??

Originally Posted by quietlilsis
thanks again; i was able to get the homelink programmed to open the gate to my complex, however it won't work for the garage door. guess i'll need to do some futher research for that. i noticed in one of those threads that somone mentioned something about needing to do something with the actuall garage door opener, not just the remote.

yes that's correct....most garage door openers have "rolling codes"...you will have to do something with the opener itself....maybe someone here can scan the page of their manual and email or post it for you....I don't have a scanner...you should try to find a manual on ebay if you haven't yet....I got one there for like $20...my TL didn't have one either....good luck...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:25 AM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by quietlilsis

hi welcome to the forums,

i know some older garage doors don't even support this type of programming and believe it or not the brand new garage doors that I wire at work (i'm an electrician) don't even support it and like i said they are brand new. so you might wanna make sure your garage door supports this before you try other stuff.
good luck

p.s. sorry i dont have a manual either