No loaner cars for a week????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 05:48 PM
aka davo-tsx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No loaner cars for a week????

I planned on dropping my car off Thursday for the 15k service and told the SA I also needed a loaner car. He said he didn't have any in and wouldn't until the 23rd. If I'm not mistaken, that's part of Acura's service plan to provide customers with loaner cars when needed. He offered the services of the courtesy van to take me where I needed to go. I told him that wasn't acceptable and I needed to talk to my salesman about this. Am I being unreasonable or would you feel the same way?
Old 08-14-2001, 05:59 PM
Racer

No. They should get you a rental. Columbia Acura here in Cincinnati gets rentals from Enterprise when they are out of loaners(they'll pick you up, but you gotta drive their a$$es back!).
Old 08-14-2001, 06:03 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
davo-cls- It seems that a lot of dealerships are experiencing a heavy load this time of the year. The same is true with us. Our loaners are booked about 1 week out now too, but if it is an emergency or there is no way to wait, we will provide a loaner from enterprise and pick up the tab. Of course that does not make sense for a simple lof, but we, and most dealers I hope, really want to try to accomodate our customers. Its nice if the customers could try to understand and work with us, too. We have around 20 loaners and serve about 50-60 customers a day, so sometimes it can be a little hard. Loaners are expensive to operate, look at how nice you drive them when you get them , so you really can't have too, too many.

Just my .02
Old 08-14-2001, 06:06 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Esp. when you get the come Fook me bill from your Acura dealership !
I am referring to the "Eye ball" inspection $350.00 ++++ bill !
Old 08-14-2001, 07:09 PM
Banned

Funny you mention that... I had TWO seperate incidences where I had loaners and was struck by another car. Both were fixed by the other moron's insurance, but you should have seen the look at my dealer. I thought they would never give me another loaner! I was cursed with Acura loaners!

Originally posted by Fabvsix:
<STRONG>Esp. when you get the come Fook me bill from your Acura dealership !
I am referring to the "Eye ball" inspection $350.00 ++++ bill ! </STRONG>
Old 08-14-2001, 08:06 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
this has happened to me numerous times, when i tried to get a loaner, they always tell me they dont have one. since i live right aroudn the corner from the dealership, i decided just to go up there...the service rep lied to me!!...i get up there and see 6 loaners sitting there...why did he tell me there weren't any loaners? i dunno, he's an idiot...but maybe if its feasible, go up there and check and demand a loaner or rental.

or if they really dont have a loaner for you, tell them you can't pay them for a week or so, cuz you dont have any spare money...

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: minla007 ]
Old 08-14-2001, 09:18 PM
aka davo-tsx

Originally posted by minla007:
[QB}or if they really dont have a loaner for you, tell them you can't pay them for a week or so, cuz you dont have any spare money...

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: minla007 ][/QB]
Good one!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:49 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by Fabvsix:
<STRONG>Esp. when you get the come Fook me bill from your Acura dealership !
I am referring to the "Eye ball" inspection $350.00 ++++ bill ! </STRONG>
i think with remarks like that you should not get your car serviced at an acura dealership i think any acura dealer would rather you not get the car serviced so you would not make remarks like that. its better to just not service a customer rather than have them talk trash about the way you serviced there car

also i can tell you , wayneg is right, this is the busy season, and dealers/loaners get scheduled very heavy this time of year, its best to call way in advance just to be sure
Old 08-14-2001, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Scheduling normal service at a M-B dealer can take up two months. Most M-B dealers don't even provide loaners. So waiting a week for a free loaner and an appointment at an Acura dealer sounds reasonable to me.

As for Acura "having" to provide loaners; you'll notice that loaner service is not documented either in the brochure or TLC documentation. This allows the dealers to set their own policies. Some only provide loaners for cars that were purchased at their dealership, others only for warranty related service, and a few allow loaners for routine maintainence.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:12 PM
www.drippinwet.com

at motorworld mercedes benz, we are about a week out on appts and almost 2 weeks out on loaners - we provide loaners for our customers i think there is only a handfull of mercedes benz dealers that are not on the loaner program, if you are not on the loaner program i think (not positive because we have loaners) you can use a rental company if vehicle is held overnight, otherwise provide alternate transportation ie shuttle service, rentals are not reimbursable if a dealer participates in the loaner program, only for trip interuption
Old 08-14-2001, 11:13 PM
aka davo-tsx

Well, I never had to use a loaner car before so I really didn't know they were so limited. I usually get my service done early in the morning and just wait in the lounge. This time I was getting the 15k service plus I wanted them to fix the sunroof rattle and harmonic problem, the brake shutter/rotor problem, and like Droideka I have the idle flutter that is very intermittent but has died on me once. The 15k service should take about 3 hours per the SA, but I figure the other stuff would take all day, maybe overnight. I guess I will just schedule for next week when a loaner is available. I'm glad we've got some SA's and SM's on the board to give us the facts once in a while.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by davo-cls:
<STRONG> Am I being unreasonable or would you feel the same way?</STRONG>
What they're doing is perfectly acceptable in my eyes.

Whenever I schedule a service, I need to do it AT LEAST a week in advance if I want a loaner car.

Shawn S