for the new york people here..(nyc/LI)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 02:58 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the new york people here..(nyc/LI)

do you guys know any where i could race my cl-s without any trouble with the law...??

or any road with no cops around..?? i want to race my friends lexus is300 so bad but we have money on this so it has to be a good place and i dont want to be payonaid of cops around(since im only 17 and the insurance isnt under my name..it sucks to be young)(whoever wins pays for clubing and drinks..)

thanks.
----------------------
ACURA 3.2CL TYPE S
--black black
-NAVI.
-SPOILER
-TINTS
-MUD GUARDS
-V1
Old 07-01-2001, 03:11 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

This is probably not the best question to ask on this board, you might get flamed. My advice would be to take the wager to a track, where you won't risk getting busted and losing your CL-S.

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: kuwolde ]
Old 07-01-2001, 01:31 PM
do it yourself, !

Yep, take a trip to englightown, buddy. There are places here in the Bronx, but if you go at night....whether you win the race or not, you're both going to be walking home.

-j
Old 07-01-2001, 01:39 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For reasons that should be obvious racing on the street though fun are frowned upon.I suggest you take a ride to Englishtown since there you can do it legally and safely.Wednesday nights typicaly are called "test and tune" and you can run virtually anything as long as you have a helmet and can pass a basic visual inspection.If youy lack a helmet you can rent one there.Cost are minimal compared to the cost you may pay if you get nailed racing on the street.I believe currently it is 20 dollars to race 12 dollars to watch and I think 12 dollars to rent a helmet if yo need one.Jens
Old 07-01-2001, 03:08 PM
Race Director

If you go up to the merrit parkway from where it just goes hutch to merrit by the new york/CT border. exits 27-30 on the CT side never any cops going north. Maybe one a month. That's where we always races cause there are sharp turns and nice straights so you can really test your car out and your driving ability. We ran an IS300 vs. 330Xi Auto up to 140 on that highway. Same with my dad's Jag and the 330Xi.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:04 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
If you really want to street race, then I'd suggest that you take a ride to Spring Valley, New York. That's Rockland County, about 20 miles north of NYC.

Every Sunday night, hundreds of street racers meet to make late night runs. Some for money, others just for fun.

There has been a pretty strong police presence there lately, probably due to The Fast and The Furious. Because of the police being around so much lately, a lot of the crowd has begun meeting on Wed night to street race.

If you're interested, email me and I'll give you the details.
Old 07-01-2001, 07:40 PM
retired

The place to go is the Dunkin Donuts parking lot there in Spring Valley.Mind you the police presence is very strong and they will not tolerate any bull.Most of the races seem to be settled on the Garden State Parkway.Mind you I honestly believe that racing on the street is for fools.Jens
Old 07-01-2001, 08:20 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
<STRONG>The place to go is the Dunkin Donuts parking lot there in Spring Valley.Mind you the police presence is very strong and they will not tolerate any bull.Most of the races seem to be settled on the Garden State Parkway.Mind you I honestly believe that racing on the street is for fools.Jens</STRONG>
No, you've got it all wrong. Only the punks with riced out Civics and such hang out at the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot. You won't find any real street racers there. The police are constantly giving those fools tickets for their burnout contests and shit like that. Even the cops don't know where to find the street racers each week.
Old 07-02-2001, 12:22 AM
Advanced

Hes got that right... It's only a car show there. When a race really is going to happen everyone follows including the cops. That place is a forum just like this, all people do is talk.
Old 07-02-2001, 01:20 AM
Instructor

All the fun of street racing in NYC is now gone! You get caught they take your car! Not worth the risk in more ways than one! Plenty going on at E town and lots of people to shoot the shit with!
Old 07-02-2001, 02:00 AM
do it yourself, !

Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
<STRONG>The place to go is the Dunkin Donuts parking lot there in Spring Valley.Mind you the police presence is very strong and they will not tolerate any bull.Most of the races seem to be settled on the Garden State Parkway.Mind you I honestly believe that racing on the street is for fools.Jens</STRONG>

I've actually been to that area. Its true..it's only a bunch of kids that gawk at your ride and no one willing to run. They all have the attitude of, "my shit is too fast to race right now" or "I'm trying to cut down."

On the Bronx, you have Hunts Point which is packed no matter what cops or not. And on Zerega Ave. by the Whitestone Bridge. But go with friends and "act" like you belong there. This may sound stupid, but people can just smell fear down there.

-jeremy
Old 07-02-2001, 09:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would just go to Englishtown. I live about 20 minutes from there, and will be bringing my car as soon as I get my Headers Also on August 18-19 there will be a big AutoCross Rally in Tampa Florida. I'm heading down for that.
Old 07-02-2001, 09:50 PM
retired

Well regardless of the opinion one has on what hangs out in that parking lot or countless others like it I stand by my feeling that street racing is illegal dangerous and foolish.Take it to the track it's safe legal and if there is a problem there are people and equipment to save your life.Jens