New upgrade Tein springs in and installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New upgrade Tein springs in and installed

Received my upgraded (9kgf) front Tein springs from blxmjx a few days ago. Installed them yesterday. No review as of yet because I need them to settle, but it does feel stiffer and the car doesn't feel like it's gonna bottom out when I go over speed bumps anymore. But once they settle, I'll give a more indepth review. Pics as follow:

Doesn't look much different...

Here's the best part...here's my normal height (please disregard the stickers...it was the only pic I have of a closeup of my height). The pic is a little deceiving too, I'm just barely tucking for a 2.5 inch drop...

Here's my height now. I'm ready for the WRC...
Old 04-18-2003, 12:40 PM
I'm Cool

looking good, mine if i ask how much u spend on the springs?
Old 04-18-2003, 04:43 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they're in...good deal...let me know how they handle the dips and bumps in the road. I'd be interested in upgrading my springs
Old 04-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Luvn' the S

please keep us updated. I've been waiting for your post for a while. If they help at all I'm going to get them ASAP.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Go Cubs!!!

So that pic is with the Tein springs? looks pretty low to me, but i dont think that you are tuckin anything.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:33 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
yes, let us know. Unfortunately, after Eric L. talked to TEIN and posted, I sent both TEIN and the Japanese main office another email questioning the consistent inconsistency of the responses from the two lads in question, and to no surprise I've received no response. WRC?
Old 04-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

yea i'm gonna wait this one out and see what happens in terms of a CL specific application so i don't have to pay extra to get the shocks revalved.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Drifting

Bobbydoedoe: Talk to blxmjx.
3.2cl-s: The pics with the "stickers" on it was when I was at 2.5 inch drop in the front...it looks deceiving, but I was barely tucking the tire a bit.
Zapata: From what it seems...Tein will not be releasing a CL specific kit.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Subie Dubie

Now you must Road Test them with us
Old 04-21-2003, 01:33 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Driving impressions are need please. Go drive. NOW, cause I'm tired of rubbing.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Red Rider

Now you must Road Test them with us
My thoughts exactly!!! You know we will wait for you!!
Old 04-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Drifting

Glenn and Dennis: I know...just about ready
Titand19 and Chikai: Of course...review coming shortly
Old 04-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Old timer

So you only upgraded the front springs? I'm interested to know how they change the ride quality. I've bottomed my Teins quite hard several times since having them and each time it pissed me off and made me want to sell them and go back to stock and be done with all the headache of looking for bumps and potholes the entire time I drive. It sucks have to be so careful with the stock Tein SS because they bottom so easily.

I guess they're made pretty well though because I haven't blown one yet *crosses fingers*.

As much as I should probably just go ahead and upgrade the springs, I don't want to ruin the ride quality. The stock Tein SS ride quality is close to the car's stock ride quality, which is perfect. Thing is they bottom so darn easily, and that can't be healthy for the longevity of the suspension. So I'm willing to trade a LITTLE of the ride comfort for better resistance to bottoming. I just don't want to end up with a bouncy ride like the Nex SS were starting to give me.

Argh...
Old 04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Revving at 9K...

For those of you who are bottoming-out in their Tein's, how much did you lower your car? and what's the damper setting?

I have a near 2" drop all around (after the springs have settled). and my damper settings set at just few clicks towards the stiffer side, and I have yet to bottom-out in my car yet. I have driven through huge dips between railroad tracks, and didn't happened then either.. I'm just wondering maybe for those who are not happy with Teins are just asking too much from this product.

I love Teins for the stock ride quality, and that is what I have. If I wanted something that I can be much more aggressive with (height wise), I would get something much stiffer, and probably know that I will have to throw the stock ride quality out the window. JIMO.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Banned

We live in the land of potholes and high rises, fast dips, and steep hills.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Drifting

JRock: The upgraded springs ride NO where near the NEX. Performance wise...I can't say as of yet. What I am waiting for are the springs to totally settle...I just lowered my front ALL THE WAY down and I'm barely to 2.5inch as where I was before upgrading the springs .

CLS2001_97124: I am set at 2.5inch in the front and 2.0 in the rear. I was set to 8 clicks...so halfway damper. With the new springs...I'm at 2.2 or so. and set to 5 damper now so it's stiffer. Ride quality has not suffered super bad. It's a lil stiffer, but not super noticeable.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Old timer

I have barely a 2" drop all around. Maybe slightly less in the rear some days (depending on how much gas, etc).
I have the struts adjusted to around 3/4 their max stiffness, so like 12 clicks out of the 16 possible.

Still bottoms very easily on certain road conditions that are frequent in MD/DC area where I drive.

It's as if these coilovers are made for a lighter car, because the problem is they don't rebound fast enough and they give too much too easily - they can't seem to hold the car up during any downward force created on the car when there's a quick change in the incline or when the ground drops out from under on a change in pavement.

When the car wants to continue its current direction and the road is changing to a steeper one or is dropping off, on impact the suspension is collapsing WAY too easily, leading it to bottom and then go back to where it should be.

And it's not the way I drive or anything - I'm not expecting too much from them. Everyone driving stock cars in front of me goes flying through these areas without a second thought or care, but I have to slow down and take them slower otherwise I bottom hard.

Fucking annoying, but I live with it as long as they hold up, especially since the car rides so much nicer than with the Nex.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by JRock
I have barely a 2" drop all around. Maybe slightly less in the rear some days (depending on how much gas, etc).
I have the struts adjusted to around 3/4 their max stiffness, so like 12 clicks out of the 16 possible.

Still bottoms very easily on certain road conditions that are frequent in MD/DC area where I drive.

It's as if these coilovers are made for a lighter car, because the problem is they don't rebound fast enough and they give too much too easily - they can't seem to hold the car up during any downward force created on the car when there's a quick change in the incline or when the ground drops out from under on a change in pavement.

When the car wants to continue its current direction and the road is changing to a steeper one or is dropping off, on impact the suspension is collapsing WAY too easily, leading it to bottom and then go back to where it should be.

And it's not the way I drive or anything - I'm not expecting too much from them. Everyone driving stock cars in front of me goes flying through these areas without a second thought or care, but I have to slow down and take them slower otherwise I bottom hard.

Fucking annoying, but I live with it as long as they hold up, especially since the car rides so much nicer than with the Nex.
That's the thing...the springs were designed for the Accord...so there is a 400lbs difference. That's why the upgraded springs are necessary! In your case...I think it's worth it to upgrade. Same with Chikai.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Black is a ***** to Clean

So you only upgrade the front two springs? Please explain why not to upgrade all 4
Old 04-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AgentDSS
So you only upgrade the front two springs? Please explain why not to upgrade all 4
The rear is adequate....because most of the weight is in the front 66/34. And during any spirited driving, the front is incurring the most stress.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by AgentDSS
Basically moomaster is right in a nutshell...but also i didn't have enough money
Old 04-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Old timer

Oh I've managed to bottom them all but yeah the fronts definitely need the most help.

I may just go ahead and order these springs for the heck of it since I really could use them. I just want to make sure the Teins are still holding up fine before I spend any money on them. Next oil change I'll have my tech look at them for me.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Banned

The easiest thing to do is to just push down on your front....if keep doing it...if the shocks are dead, then it'll rebound weird....a lot of up n down motion...like your hopping in a lowrider...