New rules for the CL forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Wide Body 3.2 CL-S

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
agree... finally... those poor new comers come and go with their first post... hopefully they will stay now. -_-''
Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,872 Likes on 14,010 Posts
Originally Posted by krazykrnboi
agree... finally... those poor new comers come and go with their first post... hopefully they will stay now. -_-''
Old 04-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Wait...I just blacked out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblewar
with that being said...

where is thinjim with his rwd cl!????
I've been driving my car in reverse for the past week just to experience the joys of rear wheel drive
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Pilot Extraordinaire

What the is T9/word? Written English has always worked for me.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:41 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corsair
What the is T9/word? Written English has always worked for me.
A type of "shorthand" for mobile devices.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
i think the problem is that most ramblings members are also members of the cl subforum. so when theres downtime in the ramblings part we head over here and see potential victims.
The problem that we seem to have run into is that while opinions are like assholes and everybody has one, there is a time and place to express them. You wouldn't fart at the dinner table in front of your grandmother would you?

Having an opinion is one thing but how you express it is another. If you don't like someone's rims, you could say, "not my style". What we have been getting lately is wise asses saying things like, "dude sell your car to some one who will respect it."

I can think of one thread where someone asked for some photoshop help not opinions. What they got was a bunch of holier than thou attitude about how they didn't deserve their car because they had different tastes than most.

I am as guilty as the next guy when it comes to being a wise ass but I try to keep my wise ass comments to witty remarks that aren't personal attacks on someone else's style or tastes. I attempt to use my wise ass powers to make people laugh and enjoy not get annoyed and leave.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
dont be mad

Originally Posted by black label
The problem that we seem to have run into is that while opinions are like assholes and everybody has one, there is a time and place to express them. You wouldn't fart at the dinner table in front of your grandmother would you?

Having an opinion is one thing but how you express it is another. If you don't like someone's rims, you could say, "not my style". What we have been getting lately is wise asses saying things like, "dude sell your car to some one who will respect it."

I can think of one thread where someone asked for some photoshop help not opinions. What they got was a bunch of holier than thou attitude about how they didn't deserve their car because they had different tastes than most.

I am as guilty as the next guy when it comes to being a wise ass but I try to keep my wise ass comments to witty remarks that aren't personal attacks on someone else's style or tastes. I attempt to use my wise ass powers to make people laugh and enjoy not get annoyed and leave.

if your talking about the gold daytons guy, mods left that open and go on for DAYYSSSS, it got to like 8 pages. Not to mention a guy tried to get it off the front page by bumping other threads and they banned HIM hahaha.

Maybe new, fresher, mods should be appointed.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I fully agree with the rules....also, as I have heard 1000 times, when a noob asks a question, people are too quick to jump on them and yell "SEARCH"! Is this how you would welcome a new friend into your home, or a new employee into your business? No, I think not, so lets get back to where we used to be, with the respect level that we expect for ourselves...shared with the new comers to the site!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
where is thinjim with his rwd cl!????
It's black now... no ??
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

So true, I saw a turtle attack a pigeon there and a Sarlacc attack a paint baller.
And both were totally awesome !!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by chtrcy
I hoped to see something positive coming from this. I see so many new people get flamed or verbaly abused for asking a question.
That's the thing... we want to welcome the new people... and once they get to know us, then we can pick in them

We can argue, but we have to do it in a mature, civil manner... No name calling, etc. You can attack the idea, but don't attack the person...

If you guys haven't noticed, the search functionality isn't as "robust" as it used to be, so some of the n00bs might need a little more help then usual.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

i think the problem is that most ramblings members are also members of the cl subforum. so when theres downtime in the ramblings part we head over here and see potential victims.
That type of behaviour won't be tolerated anymore here. The car forums have always been a lot more civil than OT...

If you want to let your hair down, Ramblings is great place...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TypeStylinOnU
if your talking about the gold daytons guy, mods left that open and go on for DAYYSSSS, it got to like 8 pages. Not to mention a guy tried to get it off the front page by bumping other threads and they banned HIM hahaha.
That's addressed in the rules... I posted in that thread, on like the 2nd page, and it was mostly civil up to that point. I didn't know it had gone to complete shit until someone PM'd me (jproy or distortedolskool IIRC).

If you notice an issue, PM a mod:

Most important, if there is an argument going on or someone is out of line, do not add fuel to the fire. Any participation in it makes you just as guilty. Just PM the staff and we will take care of the situation.
Maybe new, fresher, mods should be appointed.
That's under consideration... The admins had the exact same idea...
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Read and understood. great job GM. i was always a masshole fan
Old 04-04-2009, 03:49 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by SG81
Read and understood. great job GM. i was always a masshole fan
GM does a lot of dirty work, I think he should campaign for admin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^no sarcasm^^^^^^^^^^^^

GM, did you ban me?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Yeah I believe I've seen a few mods get away with doing stupid crap before. I try to stay out of those subforums, though.

and I also dislike the barrage of "use the search function" posts I see in quite a few threads. Seems you have to search through countless threads in the results to get to something that meets the criteria you searched for. And like someone else said, it really shouldn't take that much effort to just simply answer their question, does it? Although I sympathize with people who get asked the same question constantly, I feel it's a tad obnoxious to see a thread where the first 10 replies are "use the search function"
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
That's the thing... we want to welcome the new people... and once they get to know us, then we can pick in them

That's under consideration... The admins had the exact same idea...
spill it......
Old 04-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
can we make fun of dealer gimmicks
Old 04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AnthraciteBeast
spill it......
Nothing to spill... the topic just came up in conversation...

If anyone has any recommendations for a "new, fresh" mod candidate, feel free to PM me... And no, you can't recommend yourself
Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Well, I've let things go. But now be warned I will be paying more attention to posts.
As always if anyone has a problem with a post or someone within a post please bring it up to a mod & we will review & deal with it.

And as far as searching goes......
There's a DIY/FAQ thread at the top of the forum, stickied. It's been built over the last 3 or so years from scratch. I can say for sure that 95% of asked questions are covered in there. It's the 1st place I look when I need an answer to something, & I use it a lot cause I don't know everything

I'm not trying to be a hard ass about this, however things have seemed to get outta hand as of late.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

If anyone has any recommendations for a "new, fresh" mod candidate, feel free to PM me... And no, you can't recommend yourself
They didn't hurt your feelings did they? I like having an original CL 6 speed owner as a Mod. I vote to keep GreenMonster as a Mod and maybe even give him Ron A like powers

The unmodified moderator
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,422 Likes on 4,953 Posts
I apologize for my childish posts.

Lets be HELPFUL again.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good to see this.

Let's bring back the old crew, too... Allmotor, JrBean, Shawn S.......
Old 04-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,872 Likes on 14,010 Posts
Originally Posted by paulff3
Good to see this.

Let's bring back the old crew, too... Allmotor, JrBean, Shawn S.......
juniorbean is still around...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Pilot Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS

There's a DIY/FAQ thread at the top of the forum, stickied. It's been built over the last 3 or so years from scratch. I can say for sure that 95% of asked questions are covered in there. It's the 1st place I look when I need an answer to something, & I use it a lot cause I don't know everything

I'm not trying to be a hard ass about this, however things have seemed to get outta hand as of late.
I had an issue recently that was not resolved using the search function ( I also looked in the faq section). I asked the question and was quickly flamed. I finally found some of the answers in older posts because a Google search brought me back to those posts. The search function does not work well. And I have been a long time member, so it is not that I lack in ability to use this function.
Don't flame someone for asking a question. Either answer the question, direct him to the old post (if YOU can find it) or stay out of the discussion. No need for ten guys to jump in and say "use the search". Once is enough.

On a different note:
I have found that an arrogance seems to pervade a lot of these discussion groups when it comes to new guys. I have left several groups due to stupid people who think time as a member increased their IQ. Some of these groups end up being small because they drive the serious people away. The remaining members are just the "Know it All" assholes that want to argue with everything, even though they are wrong (sometimes I think they know they are wrong). Let's not let that happen here. I think this is the best discussion group I have been a member of.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Safety Car

IMO I think most auto-related webforums and discussion sites are generally full of know-it-alls and people who try to be holier than thou. If I could only count the number of times I had some pimply faced kid in a message forum tell me to "lolol u need 2 get a better car!!1" after I tell him I drive a CL... Hell, I even got flamed when I asked how difficult it is to install a CAI if you're not mechanically inclined (which I still am not ) A simple genuine answer would have taken less effort than trying to play Queen of the Internet and flaming them to hell and back.

Neither of those instances happened on Acurazine, but I'm just trying to prove a point. I think when it comes to automotive discussions, you're more likely to find some dipshit who feels it's necessary to give you crap for being where he was a few years ago, than you are to find someone who will really help you out. I dunno, that's just what I've experienced.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Length of time on the boards bears no relationship with skills and/or knowledge.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:27 PM
dont be mad

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab

Length of time on the boards bears no relationship with skills and/or knowledge.
yes it does.....post count means everything when it comes to the internet noob
Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Pilot Extraordinaire

Hope you're joking.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Moderator

There's people here with 10's of thousands of posts or that have been here for like 7 years, that still act like noobs...
Old 04-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

On the search topic... I know how to search, but sometimes, after reading a bunch of threads, I sometime still like to post a thread to make sure what I've found is correct/up to date...

So I understant that people do search, but still want to discuss things more...
Old 04-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Not Asian

Damn
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
dont be mad

Originally Posted by corsair
Hope you're joking.
no way! internet is srs bsns
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

It's black now... no ??
Black might be an understatement
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nothing to spill... the topic just came up in conversation...

LOL.....Doesnt hurt to be vocal about it though. I really am glad that we are all working together to get the friendliness/camaraderie back into the forum! Anything that we can do to assit, just holler!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Black might be an understatement
And DAYUM....I thought my paint looked wet!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:04 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS

Oh, cool (didn't know about that, actually ) However the posted link to the 2nd gen TL DIY thread doesn't work. Anyone know if the thread got deleted or something?
Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Pilot Extraordinaire

no way! internet is srs bsns
I've been here too long. I actually understood that!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Rapture
Oh, cool (didn't know about that, actually ) However the posted link to the 2nd gen TL DIY thread doesn't work. Anyone know if the thread got deleted or something?
Thanks it got deleted... Kris made a new thread over there and cleaned up the formatting...

I've fixed the link now:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...19&postcount=6

If anyone finds dead links, just PM me...
Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

thousands of posts or that have been here for like 7 years, that still act like noobs...
^

Is this the same person that we discussed in our PM?

Quick Reply: New rules for the CL forum