Old 12-13-2001, 07:36 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New Radar!

Originally posted by Neech
Read Up!!!!!

http://www.valentine1.com/pop/
Thanks for the info.

The cops are not stupid. In these days in time, they're not going to succumb to substandard equipment. Can you image if they wrote $300,000 worth of tickets until they got discovered and then had to refund everyone plus the lawsuits?

Cops aren't interested in fooling radar detectors. They write more than enough tickets than they can handle using every day regular radar. In Kansas, it will take years before the cops switch over to this radar. You guys on the East coast and Cali, good luck!
Old 12-13-2001, 07:42 PM
At least it's not Jersey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some interesting reading....

I know this is on Valentine's website but can he lie when he says they're customer testimonials? I don't know, but I'm already a full believer in the V1 so it doesn't matter to me

http://www.valentine1.com/lab/testresults.asp

http://www.valentine1.com/moments/
Old 12-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: New Radar!

Originally posted by kensteele

Thanks for the info.

The cops are not stupid. In these days in time, they're not going to succumb to substandard equipment. Can you image if they wrote $300,000 worth of tickets until they got discovered and then had to refund everyone plus the lawsuits?

Cops aren't interested in fooling radar detectors. They write more than enough tickets than they can handle using every day regular radar. In Kansas, it will take years before the cops switch over to this radar. You guys on the East coast and Cali, good luck!
Forget about Kansas – it’s your turf…

It’s the possible abuse modes that concern me around my areas of travel.

The analogy to this device is similar to search and track radar. The first mode gives you a "heads-up", the second does the damage. However, the analogy fails when it comes to police. I didn't see anywhere in the "blurb" about a printout with "means of detection" printed on it. So, if a cop really wanted to, they could just use that quick and inaccurate reading as the speed written on a ticket. And they would NOT have to provide further information (at least at that time). This gets into the "why would they bother when they could lie or ticket someone anyway, but that is another issue..."

So, the issue really becomes, "Will the operator really know that the "search mode"/”stealth mode” is faulty and lead them into an honest mistake. I can speak for California, and the police do like new-and-cool toys, like LIDAR. However, as you have pointed out, the LIDAR is a setup and stalk, hands-on unit with serious nighttime limitations.

It's the small towns and cities (population 2000) with 20-cop car fleets (with 90% of cars set upon "visitors") that concern me. They do choose the personnel and the tools.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:04 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Thanks ! It made me upgrade my current unit !:P