New to forum...getting a CLS...need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001 | 04:31 AM
1st Gear

New to forum...getting a CLS...need some advice...

Whats up people...just wanted to say hi to my future fellow CLS owners...i have been considering a CLS for a long time whether or not I should buy one...and finally decided that I will. Any suggestions on what I can say to the dealer to get a good price...also...some nitpicks that I should tell the dealer to deal with right away...like the rattling sunroof I keep reading about...Meanwhile...you guys can look at my current car...(CLS will replace it )
Thanks a lot!!!
My 2000 BMW 528iA

------------------
MY BMW!!!http://www.geocities.com/tommysbimmer/T_o_M_m_y_s_B_i_M_m_E_r.html
Old 06-23-2001 | 04:38 AM
Retired. Not available.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bimmer528:
Whats up people...just wanted to say hi to my future fellow CLS owners...i have been considering a CLS for a long time whether or not I should buy one...and finally decided that I will. Any suggestions on what I can say to the dealer to get a good price...also...some nitpicks that I should tell the dealer to deal with right away...like the rattling sunroof I keep reading about...Meanwhile...you guys can look at my current car...(CLS will replace it )
Thanks a lot!!!
My 2000 BMW 528iA

</font>
welcome to the board .. what's with the long face? you should be like this " "
Regarding the sunroof problem, only some of us have it. I haven't experience with any problem that were listed here so don't lose confident in your future CLS.

Again welcome.

Peace

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Silver Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Sport Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
DOM 01/2001 #31432
Old 06-23-2001 | 04:47 AM
Powered By HONDA

cl-s is a good car..comfortable and fast and good handling..affordable price

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 06-25-2001 | 03:42 PM
Safety Car

Your bimmer looks pretty nice, why are you thinking of replacing it? How many miles on it?

------------------
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1603513&a=12224080" TARGET=_blank>
Tinted Silver CLS</A>
Bad ideas catch on quickly
Old 06-25-2001 | 03:46 PM
Banned

Hey looks like you followed me This is my 'second' hangout...btw, I'm BMW M Sins
Thanks a lot!!!
My 2000 BMW 528iA

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-25-2001 | 03:53 PM
Instructor

Car salesmen are car salesmen, they'll try to rape you any chance they get. My suggestions:

* this is a good time to buy a car because not too many people are.

* do your research. Go to the web sites that list the prices for the car, options etc. and bring that with you, but don't necessarily show it all to the salesperson. Just make him aware that you knw your stuff.

* make sure you know the price of the options you want. They often try to take advantage there. And ask beforehand what is the cost of the labor to install them, like the spoiler, for example.

* ask about the cost of service at that dealership, scheduled checkups and other services.

* if you are buying, make sure you know what's the highest interest rate you are willing to pay. You should be able to find good ones nowadays.

Good luck

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:34 PM
Ace rider

Hey Bimmer, did you install those clear tail and head lights? If you want to sell them before you return the car, let me know how much. I have a friend with a 528 who's looking for clear lights. Your car looks like it has the 530 rear lights too. Thanks!

Also, why would you sell this car? Are you returning it from a lease or something?

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:42 PM
Ace rider

Thanks a lot!!!
My 2000 BMW 528iA

</font>
Didn't even help with your questions...
My opinion on what to get if I were buying again:
1. Get the NAV if you can (there's a million posts on why or why not, but for me, this is the best option)
2. If you like the spoiler, ask the dealer to throw it in the deal (mine was thrown in for free last minute cuz I was gonna leave)
3. Have them fix the sunroof rattle, this is the most annoying rattle.
4. Get the TL alarm/keychain, it looks way better
5. Make sure you have the upgraded cup holder (you probably will, but double-check)
6. Get the latest DVD update if you get the NAV.
7. Inspect the car in full daylight for any paint defects BEFORE you leave, don't just look for paint chips, look for bubbles, swirls, anything weird.
8. Get a car with less than 15-20 miles. Too much and it's been test-driven a lot.
9. Don't let them drill holes into the front bumper. Shoot them if they do and ask for another car without the holes.
10. Check the ACTUATOR before you leave. Takes two seconds.

That's all I can remember for now.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:42 PM
Banned

Bimmer528:

I thought you said on my website that you were going to get an M5 in about 4 months after selling your 528. Whats up?

http://www.bmwexperience.com/cgi-bin...&f=15&t=000023

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:47 PM
Burning Brakes

DO A search for park ave acura. its only a few miles west of the city and they are very friendly and are here on the board daily. hook up with the service manager wayne. he says they have good deals now on the cl-s
good luck

------------------
01 BLK/BLK CL-S, FACTORY SPOILER, K/N DROP IN V-1
dom 11/00, g-tech
98 INFINITI I30T(auto)
99 MAXIMA SE(auto)
lazy shifter
Old 06-25-2001 | 05:58 PM
Safety Car

FYI

Yo, guys, get this. This guy is a buddy of that kid Nirvanaib with the $60K Cl, remember that guy. I guess that kid was not lying, but at the same time he never showed us any pics.

------------------
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1603513&a=12224080" TARGET=_blank>
Tinted Silver CLS</A>
Bad ideas catch on quickly
Old 06-25-2001 | 06:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

good luck on your purchase and welcome to the board!

------------------
'01 Black/Tan CL-S w/ Navi & spoiler
AEM CAI
Comptech headers, springs & sway bars
Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45ZR17 tires
15% tint, Infinity Perfect sub/PPI amp

'97 Acura Integra LS

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning."
Old 06-25-2001 | 06:11 PM
Suzuka Master

1. Get any promises (from any salespeople, manager, etc) in WRITING. I can not emphasize this enough! If they won't do it, it just means that their word is as good as the paper it was written on. (As in none)

2. Get car off the truck -- 6-10 miles average. Don't let them wax it or seal it (do it yourself -- get some Zaino, etc).

3. Look over every inch of the car, and check the paint and look at every panel. Make sure that every panel is aligned perfectly. If you can't inspect in daylight, inspect under mecury vapor lamps (They probably don't have them, so inspect in daylight).

4. Get the NAVI, unless your area isn't covered (my opinion).

Buying tips:

Get the invoice price. Check the entire area for 100 miles around for your color and options (know what is available before hand). When you are ready to buy, don't go for a test ride -- you are there to do business (yes/no)?

Try the end of the day, end of the month to buy.

Just tell them you are ready to deal, you want "XXXX", and what is the best price.

If you are going to lease or trade-in, be careful with the "funny" arithmetic. You should target the price of the car first, then work on the other stuff. OTOH -- if you have done your homework, and you want to lease, and know what good prices are, make 'em match the killer price.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • NEUSPEED Upper Strut Tie Bar ordered
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-25-2001 | 06:12 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

The CLs are nice and all but i would def. go for the M5 or keep that 528 but thats just me. Anyway good luck on your purchase.
Oh can you really do 170 in that car like you said you could on the other website?

------------------
No more scratches thanks to the dumbass who walked on my car and had to pay to have it repainted.
Old 06-25-2001 | 06:14 PM
Fight On SC!

welcome. nice ride. why sell it? the cl-s is quicker but i think the 528 handles better.

------------------
2001 silver cl type s