New car

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 09:09 PM
about::blank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New car

So..I never really made many posts on here, but I always read it and you people are great. As some of you may know, my 03 SMR CLS was totalled a little while ago with only 13K miles on it and now I need to buy a new car. I was thinking of buying another CLS, but the Acura dealership was asking a ridiculous price for some 01 - 03 CLS with super high miles. I test drove a few cars and im putting my please let me know what you think.

05 Acura TSX - Great handling, neat interior, love the sideview mirror turn sigs, not enough power

05 Acura TL - Nice clean and aggressive exterior styling, would like a little more torque(G35-ish would be better), options are incredible, really good price for the car overall, no side mirror turn sigs

05 Acura MDX - nice smooth ride, decent power, good options

05 Accord Cpe v6 - i was impressed that the accord was as nice as it was, but with all the options w/ v6 it was pretty pricey for the car

05 Mustang convertible- this car sucked, who makes a huge 4.0liter car with that little power, i am pretty sure the TSX had better pick-up than this piece of shit, the interior sucked, the ford ppl were rude as hell....i asked them if I could be notified when the GT came in so I could go for a test drive and they said they don't usually let people test drive it to keep low miles on it, i guess they thought i couldn't afford their little POS...the only thing I kind of liked about the car was the exterior...a little

05 G35c - this vehicle is sex on wheels....has the power and makes you feel like you can pass anything, the brakes stop you on a dime, i love the exterior styling and those stock rims are hot as hell....turn offs : the interior...they use a lot of plastics and i think the buttons and the switches on the steering wheel are a little cheap on the car.....i have been spoiled by Acura's options though, in order to get a similarlly equipped G35c, the price is like 40K, a little too much IMO for that car

05 Eclipse - nice power, i don't like the exterior, but the interior is cool

05 Mazda RX8 - i was a huge huge fan of the rx-7, i was really disappointed by this model

05 Kia Sorento - the only dealership open on sunday....

Basically I am looking for a coupe w/ v6. I have kind of narrowed it down to the TL or the G35c, as you can tell. I love th TL w/ all of its options, but it has 4 doors, I am young and only want 2 lol. I think for the money it is a great value. The G35C is sexy as hell. You push the peddal and your head goes back into the headrest, it's tranny is responsive and it has good handling. However I think it's pricing is a little ludicrous, approaching 40K I would rather have an M3.
Tomorrow I am going to test drive the GTO, I don't really like the bland Pontiac design though.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car... It was San Marino Red, wasn't it ??

Please repost this in Cartalk:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/