the nerve of this prick on the freeway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 09:53 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
but honestly how often does someone get shot on the freeway? like 1x a month? And 95% of the ones are at night.</font>
I don't know, let check the local cemetary and open the coffins and ask the corpses if it really matters.

I think threats and potential violence on the roadway is very high, actual shootings are less often, even rare.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 09:58 PM
Race Director

sorry for all the posts, I thought I read everything before I started responding; so there are a lot of "I've already said that..." posts from me. sorry.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 10:03 PM
Ace rider

Did anyone read this yet? I just got it...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...11_010619.html

Makes you think twice about this thread...

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 06-19-2001, 10:08 PM
Race Director

One other thing to mention about guns, if you escalate the situation by showing, drawing, or firing your weapon, you are now the perpetrator and will be responsible for whatever happens after that.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 10:18 PM
Race Director

Who heard about this story? There was just an incident of road road just today in Florida, one driver hacked up another with a machete? Can't find the article....

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 10:27 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dacat:
Did anyone read this yet? I just got it...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/Da...11_010619.html

Makes you think twice about this thread...

</font>
Amazing. You guys who are considering carrying guns in your car, legal or not....? Reconsider. Unless you can handle extreme life-changing events that will change your lives forever. I might be acting a little dramatic but wouldn't it be nicer just being stretched out on a beach someplace without a care in the world?

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 11:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Amazing. You guys who are considering carrying guns in your car, legal or not....? Reconsider. Unless you can handle extreme life-changing events that will change your lives forever. I might be acting a little dramatic but wouldn't it be nicer just being stretched out on a beach someplace without a care in the world?

</font>
Ditto...

A few moments of rage -- the rest of your life in jail.

(Perhaps if the genes are ripe, the winner of gun/knife fight can improve his survival skills in the jail. They also have a lot of "tough guys" that love to fight there too! Gladiator school...)

Things in LA are already at the point where just a miscue or innocent gesture leads to people looking ready to ram vehicles.

Just a suggestion -- buy a punching bag for the home, it will save a lot of attorney's fees and will save families from having to spend time visiting the "pen."

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-20-2001, 12:18 AM
Intermediate

That's what's great about having a badge and a gun when I'm off duty. No one is going to mess with me. If some scumbag pulls something like that on me, I pull up next to them, flashed my badge, ask them if they are the registered owner of the vehicle and tell them to expect some tickets in the mail.
You should see the look on there faces. LOL. Of course I have better things to do then issue tickets for something that happens when I'm off duty, but its great knowing that they'll be dreading the arrival of their mail for the next month waiting for a ticket thats never actually coming.

------------------
2001 CL-S Red/Ebony w/Nav
Old 06-20-2001, 12:21 AM
Instructor

dunno about the glock
but next time fuck him up!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
good to have a CLS...sux to be in pittsburgh
Old 06-20-2001, 12:28 AM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gizmo:
That's what's great about having a badge and a gun when I'm off duty. No one is going to mess with me. If some scumbag pulls something like that on me, I pull up next to them, flashed my badge, ask them if they are the registered owner of the vehicle and tell them to expect some tickets in the mail.
You should see the look on there faces. LOL. Of course I have better things to do then issue tickets for something that happens when I'm off duty, but its great knowing that they'll be dreading the arrival of their mail for the next month waiting for a ticket thats never actually coming.

</font>
Actually that's quite funny. It must be pretty handy to be able to lawfully and orderly handle an explosive situation, kinda like when I get into an ordeal with someone who's doing whatever they please, that's until the police show up. Then all of a sudden, all the kindness and decency and respect in the world; because they don't want to get arrested. The only thing I don't envy about cops is this:

There are too many people out there who hate cops, have no respect for them, and will do anything...well, you get the picture. I can't tell you how many of my [former] friends would rather see their own house go up in flames than to obey the law/police. The mere sight of a squad car brings ugly thoughts of....you get it. It's sad.

I don't have any enemies (that I know of) walking around on this planet. OTOH, you have them all over, everywhere you go, even on this board. Must be nice to be off-duty, let off some of the pressure.

Best of luck my friend.....

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-20-2001, 12:49 AM
Advanced

Actually, a similar incident happened to me lsat Sunday, except I didn't fare as well. Car cut in front and there was a greater speed differential. (Posted here last week.) I went into the concrete divider on the right side (there was no shoudler, just 2-3 feet.) Now, I've got tons of damage and no license plate number and increased insurance. Plus, the body shop mechanic today tells me that the car might be totaled?!? I don't know, I figured that just the front end + right corner needed replacing. http://www.picturetrail.com/eyeguy/183732

Be happy you got away with just a scraped fender. And file a hit and run. --Satya
Old 06-20-2001, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

No way is that totaled. I had a 94 Honda Civic EX that was 4 months old and a girl in Coral Gables, mear Miami Florida, hit me head on at 30 MPH. $17,000-$20,000 car and at least $12,000 in damages not to mention the lawyer fees and hospital costs. The tow truck driver, State trooper and everyone in the area that saw the car said it was a total loss! There was no skid marks because she decided to make a left turn right into my as I was entering the intersection.

They fixed it because they didn't want to pay the car off. I sold it after they fixed it, I couldn't think about keeping it....

-------------
'98 Black 3.0 CL
Currently --
Tint, Fog lights, Clear corners, TL rear lettering, factory spoiler.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:41 AM
I love my CL-S

Last Wesdenday when i was on my way to pick up my sister with my gf, a middle age white male and a woman was following me really really close with fast speed. They were following me so close for almost 5km on the local high way,and he suddenly move really fast next to me and speed up, i shift into 3rd gear and push the gas hard while he was about half car length ahead of me (on the right side lane, and i am on the left lane) and this fucking mornon was starting to move into my lane slowly; my gf was screaming really loud coz the fucking truck was right next to her and moving into my lane really fast, the mofo was trying to push me out of my lane .He was not cutting me off..he was tring me kill me... i kept my horn on and gave him middle finger while i have to speed up really fast to avoild his POS truck.Scary shit.. when i got off the high way, i met that mofo at Canadian Tire's parking lot,and the fucking moron parked right next to me, so i went to him and his wife asked them what the fuck was their problem fucking Canadian white shit,and that bitch yelled at me " why dont you let my husband pass you !!" and i told her "why don't you go fuck shit first , your fucking mornon husband was trying to kill me" then they just said "bullshit" and drove away...fucking moron ..stupid racist shit

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% and 5% tint

[This message has been edited by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001, 02:51 PM
Race Director

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS:
Last Wesdenday when i was on my way to pick up my sister with my gf, a middle age white male and a woman was following me really really close with fast speed. They were following me so close for almost 5km on the local high way,and he suddenly move really fast next to me and speed up, i shift into 3rd gear and push the gas hard while he was about half car length ahead of me (on the right side lane, and i am on the left lane) and this fucking mornon was starting to move into my lane slowly; my gf was screaming really loud coz the fucking truck was right next to her and moving into my lane really fast, the mofo was trying to push me out of my lane .He was not cutting me off..he was tring me kill me... i kept my horn on and gave him middle finger while i have to speed up really fast to avoild his POS truck.Scary shit.. when i got off the high way, i met that mofo at Canadian Tire's parking lot,and the fucking moron parked right next to me, so i went to him and his wife asked them what the fuck was their problem fucking Canadian white shit,and that bitch yelled at me " why dont you let my husband pass you !!" and i told her "why don't you go fuck shit first , your fucking mornon husband was trying to kill me" then they just said "bullshit" and drove away...fucking moron ..stupid racist shit

</font>
No handguns in Canada, period? Right?

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-20-2001, 04:18 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eclipse23:
A cop once told me, Keep your gun in a locked compartment, your ammo in the glovebox and 3 bullets in your pocket at all times.

Sometimes you just dont have time for the glovebox. I am looking into the legality of keeping my firearm in the armrest in my back seat. Technically it locks and so does my glove compartment. When I go down to the PD to fight my illegal turn ticket I'm gonna ask the firearms licenser.

</font>
Move to Virginia. I have a concealed carry permit. I carry mine loaded in a holster or in the glove, or on the seat next to me, or wherever the fuck I want. And it's 100% legal. Never had to use it thank god, but it's there in case some psycho tries to hurt me or a loved one...

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
Comptech Sways
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.94 seconds
V-1 Hardwired
Old 06-20-2001, 04:30 PM
Burning Brakes

I have to say, that in the 10+ years I've been driving, I have always adhered to the lessons taught to me by my father. I NEVER flick people off, I never yell, I rarely honk my horn (only to PREVENT an incident, not to PROVOKE one). I have never been involved in road rage, which is probably the reason I'm still alive. I will say that I have been in plenty of fights, lots of chases, and other incidents. But I will never be as stupid as to roll the dice by picking a fight with someone COMPLETELY unknown to me over something as stupid as a gesture, an insult, or a monetary amount of damage to my car. (Mind you, this is coming from a guy who has hospitalized many people for grabbing girls I've dated and such, but remember, the playing field was more level, I sorta knew who the other person was, and I knew they didn't have a gun). Moral of the story - Someone in another car could be the most dangerous person you have ever encountered, gun or no gun, don't do it, it's not worth it.

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
Comptech Sways
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.94 seconds
V-1 Hardwired
Old 06-20-2001, 06:38 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Ditto...

A few moments of rage -- the rest of your life in jail.

Things in LA are already at the point where just a miscue or innocent gesture leads to people looking ready to ram vehicles.

Just a suggestion -- buy a punching bag for the home, it will save a lot of attorney's fees and will save families from having to spend time visiting the "pen."
</font>
Couldn't agree more. A gym membership works equally well. Funny thing...if you are in a regular workout routine, your brain is constantly releasing endorphins which act as a "natural downer" if you will. You are far less inclined to have a hair-trigger temper, and if someone does cross you, most likely you'll say "screw it" and move on.

What this all comes down to is that fighting (or worse) over a car definitely isn't worth it, and you have to keep your hormones under control and find a way to keep your temper in check.

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Nighthawk Black, Parchment Interior, Non-Nav, Rear Wing, Tint
Old 06-20-2001, 10:54 PM
Ace rider

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Green Hornet:
Couldn't agree more. A gym membership works equally well. Funny thing...if you are in a regular workout routine, your brain is constantly releasing endorphins which act as a "natural downer" if you will. You are far less inclined to have a hair-trigger temper, and if someone does cross you, most likely you'll say "screw it" and move on.
</font>
You know what, I believe this! I'm less pissed off these days on the road after starting to work out more, I usually just forget about all the idiot drivers out there and avoid them (or speed around them). Ya learn something new every day...

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 06-21-2001, 01:55 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dacat:
You know what, I believe this! I'm less pissed off these days on the road after starting to work out more, I usually just forget about all the idiot drivers out there and avoid them (or speed around them). Ya learn something new every day...</font>
It's absolutely true. This is not some infomercial about a magic potion...it is documented medical fact that your brain does release chemical tranquilizers, but it will only do it after a period of exercise on a continual basis. In other words, if you're on a regular exercise program, your brain continues this function. If you stop working out, you go back to being a stress case.

The smartest thing I ever did was start running a few miles in the morning and working out several evenings per week. Not only am I a hell of a lot more calm, but I look better (if that's possible), and all of the little ailments you think you have suddenly go away.

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Nighthawk Black, Parchment Interior, Non-Nav, Rear Wing, Tint
Old 06-21-2001, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

I 100% agree!!!!! Don't be a fool and get yourself killed, it's not worth it. If he's got beef and you got beef and your both out of the car with no wepons.....THEN SETTLE IT WITH THE 2 WEPONS THAT YOU WERE BORN WITH!!!. That guy would have had the biggest fight on his hands I don't care about winning but I'm not backing down from anyone but I'm still not dumb enough to carry a gun. To be honest I don't have the guts to use it so I would probably be the one getting wheeled away. Think about it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AcurA Crazy:
OK OK WAIT!! All you guys say get a gun?? You guys are nuts. say some guy pulls a gun on you, are you gonna pull a gun on him? And which one of you guys has the balls to shoot it? Maybe he does. I say if a guy pulls a gun on you just suck up your ego, that all he wants. Just get back in your car and go to the gym and work it off. I mean people who have guns just want to scare other people.. and proabbly dont even want to shoot it. If he doesnt have a gun.. then beat the fuckn crap out of him.

</font>

------------------
CL-P
AEM CAI
Cobra bacon detector
Polarg M6 lights on order

Don't sleep on the CL-P kidz.