the nerve of this prick on the freeway!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 12:33 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
the nerve of this prick on the freeway!!!

so i'm driving to work traffic is moving at about 75 and all of a sudden this pick up in the lane over doing about 60 comes into my lane. What you don't understand is that my front bumper was already past his rear bumper!! I had to lock them up and tapped is rear end (no damage) and I get on the horn and this dude has the nerve to stick his hand out the window and flick me off!! I try to get next to him but he cuts me off again. Finally i get to the side of him, roll down my window and start letting him know my mind. Traffic is comming to a stop about 100 yards ahead so i get behind him so i won't lose him. I write down the plates and when we come to a stop...this dude opens his door like he's waiting for me to get out...we are on the freeway. So i open mine get out and this dude and I start yelling at each other on the middle of the 605...as i shut my door and am all the way out he gets in and takes off. Well the good news is theres no damage...but i have his plate #'s and am thinking bout turning him in...but think i'll get in trouble since i hit the back of him....what you guys think i should do? I'm just gonna drop it i think.
Old 06-19-2001, 12:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Next time you plan on getting out of your car, have one of these:

Or stay in your car, you could have gotten yourself killed.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by <A HREF="http://www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura" TARGET=_blank>www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
No Mods yet but just wait......
Old 06-19-2001, 12:39 PM
Old timer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next time be in an SUV with the really big steel bumper-ram package and just crush him.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J RAP CAI
Old 06-19-2001, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Did ya tell the Hammer head that he hit your car and took off? You could report a hit and run.....

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-19-2001, 12:41 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
Did ya tell the Hammer head that he hit your car and took off? You could report a hit and run.....

</font>
well i kinda hit him
Old 06-19-2001, 12:41 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eclipse23:
Next time you plan on getting out of your car, have one of these:

Or stay in your car, you could have gotten yourself killed.

</font>
i've got one, but to young to register it...and not stupid enough to carry an unregistered gun w/ me.
Old 06-19-2001, 12:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

A cop once told me, Keep your gun in a locked compartment, your ammo in the glovebox and 3 bullets in your pocket at all times.

Sometimes you just dont have time for the glovebox. I am looking into the legality of keeping my firearm in the armrest in my back seat. Technically it locks and so does my glove compartment. When I go down to the PD to fight my illegal turn ticket I'm gonna ask the firearms licenser.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-19-2001, 12:51 PM
teh Senior Instigator

A cop once told me, Keep your gun in a locked compartment, your ammo in the glovebox and 3 bullets in your pocket at all times.

Sometimes you just dont have time for the glovebox. I am looking into the legality of keeping my firearm in the armrest in my back seat. Technically it locks and so does my glove compartment. When I go down to the PD to fight my illegal turn ticket I'm gonna ask the firearms licenser.

</font>
my dads S class has this bitchin little compartment down in the front of the front seats. Perfect size
Old 06-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Sometimes going apeshit doesn't pay off.
But I must agree, if it was me in the same situation, I would have gotten out of the car and mopped the guy.

[This message has been edited by Pensam300z (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 01:01 PM
Number 37

Too many crazy mofo's out there. I'd just get his license plate and let the cops have a chance to deal with it. Or seek retribution on his car later.

------------------
Looks like I am going to have to carjack my CL-S
Old 06-19-2001, 01:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I would turn him in, say he cut you off and switched lanes into you, then when you beeped at him to have him pull over, say he took off. That sounds like what happened anyway, so you're telling the truth and busting this guy at the same time....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
well i kinda hit him</font>
Because he cut you off.... If you did'nt lock your brakes he would have cliped your front fender (it sounds like) instead he hit your front bumper.

At least you have no damage and you did'nt get shot.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 06-19-2001, 01:12 PM
teh Senior Instigator

i don't know where you guys come about getting all worried about getting shot. I live in california not texas.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:18 PM
Rod
Drifting

i don't know where you guys come about getting all worried about getting shot. I live in california not texas.</font>
Florida's the same way, crazy people.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
Florida's the same way, crazy people.</font>
but honestly how often does someone get shot on the freeway? like 1x a month? And 95% of the ones are at night.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:22 PM
Burning Brakes

I guess people don't get shot in CA?

I'm the same way, I get pissed off and get out of car and shit. Looking back at some of the things that I have done, especially in some of the areas that I go to here in NYC, kinda makes me think how stupid I am sometimes. :-O

-------------
'98 Black 3.0 CL
Currently --
Tint, Fog lights, Clear corners, TL rear lettering, factory spoiler.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:24 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by melo72:
I guess people don't get shot in CA?

</font>
no people get shot...but the chances of getting hit by lightning are probally greater
Old 06-19-2001, 01:25 PM
Rod
Drifting

but honestly how often does someone get shot on the freeway? like 1x a month? And 95% of the ones are at night.</font>
True, but I don't want to be that one person.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:26 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
True, but I don't want to be that one person.</font>
you take chances...i'd hate to get hit by a car crossing the street...doesn't mean i'm gonna walk on the same block the rest of my life.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:32 PM
Rod
Drifting

Yeah, but getting out of your car on the freeway? I'm just saying I wouldn't do it, especially since my friend and his dad got a gun pulled on them and they didn't have one in their car at the time.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:44 PM
KISS MY

</font>
It depends on the state.. IL sucks all my shit is in storage.. In Flordia if you did not have A CWP i have one.. it is a three step process in glove box.. Ie.. center box could work it is two conpartments.. The back would work you have to use a key.. your just not supposed to be able to reach for it with one hand.. The NRA is a great source for this info....

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
old lady zero vs sigscl 1
Old 06-19-2001, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
OK OK WAIT!! All you guys say get a gun?? You guys are nuts. say some guy pulls a gun on you, are you gonna pull a gun on him? And which one of you guys has the balls to shoot it? Maybe he does. I say if a guy pulls a gun on you just suck up your ego, that all he wants. Just get back in your car and go to the gym and work it off. I mean people who have guns just want to scare other people.. and proabbly dont even want to shoot it. If he doesnt have a gun.. then beat the fuckn crap out of him.

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
AEM Blue CAI
Comptech Springs
35% tint all around
12" A/D/S Sub with JBL 600.1 amp- SOON!
One sexy Bitch

"People who say that money is the root of all evil...DOESN'T HAVE IT"
Old 06-19-2001, 01:51 PM
teh Senior Instigator

i'm thinkin bout reporting it and finally getting a new bumper...mines had a mean gash in it for about a year
Old 06-19-2001, 02:14 PM
Advanced

i'm thinkin bout reporting it and finally getting a new bumper...mines had a mean gash in it for about a year</font>
That's the smartest idea I've seen yet in this thread. AcurA Crazy is absolutely right. It's a proven fact that most people will talk a good game about "owning a gun" and so on, but generally speaking don't have the balls to pull the trigger. Obtaining a concealed weapons permit is very easy here in Texas, and I have two registered guns in my home to protect my family in case we are being robbed or victimized in some way. But I'm sure as hell not going to carry one around with me like the Lone Freakin' Ranger. It has to do with crossing a line you can never cross back over again.

You have to realize that when you drive, you are accepting a certain amount of risk. Part of that risk is that people ARE lousy drivers and they WILL do stupid things. You can't be ready to beat the crap out of every moron who drives like shit. What if he's on PCP or is drunk and beats the crap out of YOU and puts YOU in the hospital? Is it worth it? Not for a $30K automobile.

Turn him in as a hit and run, get your new bumper and let HIM deal with all the bullshit that comes with it (last time I looked, hit-and-run was a felony in CA).

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Nighthawk Black, Parchment Interior, Non-Nav, Rear Wing, Tint
Old 06-19-2001, 02:28 PM
Meat Popsicle

Problem is that he could just as easlily claim that you made a wild move into his lane and you hit him from behind. So it's your word against his, and since you hit him from behind, I think you'll lose.

As for all of the gun talk, you all sound like idiots.
To shoot someone over a scratched car is stupid. Get control of your hormones. You don't have to constantly prove your manhood.

------------------
lilfeat
01 CLS Red No Spoiler, No
Nav, No Payments
Old 06-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Green Hornet:
That's the smartest idea I've seen yet in this thread. AcurA Crazy is absolutely right. It's a proven fact that most people will talk a good game about "owning a gun" and so on, but generally speaking don't have the balls to pull the trigger. Obtaining a concealed weapons permit is very easy here in Texas, and I have two registered guns in my home to protect my family in case we are being robbed or victimized in some way. But I'm sure as hell not going to carry one around with me like the Lone Freakin' Ranger. It has to do with crossing a line you can never cross back over again.

You have to realize that when you drive, you are accepting a certain amount of risk. Part of that risk is that people ARE lousy drivers and they WILL do stupid things. You can't be ready to beat the crap out of every moron who drives like shit. What if he's on PCP or is drunk and beats the crap out of YOU and puts YOU in the hospital? Is it worth it? Not for a $30K automobile.

Turn him in as a hit and run, get your new bumper and let HIM deal with all the bullshit that comes with it (last time I looked, hit-and-run was a felony in CA).

</font>
Agreed, I would only use my gun if equal force was brought to myself.
I had an retired cop show me how to use my gun and handle it responsibly. He always told me, never to draw my gun unless your gonna use it, even when you do, fire a warning shot (in the air) to show your not afraid to pull that trigger, you'd be surprised how well warning shots work. Never fire your gun unless your target is threatening you with equivalent force, if you don't follow that, it's called murder not defense.
I honestly think if I ever had to use my gun I would probably go for a leg and not a fatal hit. People say, "If someone entered my house, they are dead" and that's why so many family members have been killed by their own family. Always shoot for a non-fatal area unless you know who you are shooting at or if they are firing back.

The reason I say don't get out of your car fighting is you never know who you are arguing with. That guy could of had a gun, what if he did? What would you have done? The best thing to do is avoid these confrontations BUT if they happen for whatever reason:

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Remember, when the cops show up YOU are a criminal with a gun, be ready to call your lawyer. This advice is from a retired cop so don't crucify me.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-19-2001, 02:30 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For me owing a gun means this:

1) Know how to use your gun.
2) Know When to use your gun.
3) Live the consequences of your actions.

A gun is a basically a KILLING tool. It's much easier to be soldier than owning a gun. At war both parties know how to behave, i.e. terminate the threat (i.e. kill the enemy).

Owning a gun is much more difficult. Unless you can prove undoubtfully that your life was in real life-threatning danger, better not to pull a gun.

Killing or Disabling a person for a silly reason (e.g. he gave me the finger, or he bumped my car hard!) is no excuse. The consequences are enormus.

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Konig Imagine in Silver with wheels locks
Old 06-19-2001, 02:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:

A gun is a basically a KILLING tool. It's much easier to be soldier than owning a gun. At war both parties know how to behave, i.e. terminate the threat (i.e. kill the enemy).

Owning a gun is much more difficult. Unless you can prove undoubtfully that your life was in real life-threatning danger, better not to pull a gun.

Killing or Disabling a person for a silly reason (e.g. he gave me the finger, or he bumped my car hard!) is no excuse. The consequences are enormus.

</font>

No one is saying that anyone is going to shoot anyone for bumping or scraping. My whole point is that you should never assume your enemy or fight with him so easily. You get killed like that. Besides, who legally keeps a gun in your car all the time? #1 it's illegal in NJ without a carriers permit, #2 what is your car got broken into and someone killed with that gun later that day? Guess who's house the cops raid later that day?
My whole point, which was missed is NOT to get into the arguement. Even if you have a gun it should be your LAST defense.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-19-2001, 02:45 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk:

</font>
Hey, how's your alignment on your car? YOur the guy that had the accident and now your S pulls, right?

------------------
NightHawk Black 2001 CL-S (AEM Intake, Yellow ION PIAA,35%Tint)

The Debadged Sleeper
Old 06-19-2001, 03:00 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep! Now no more misalignment. I took my CLS back to Town Fair Tire, they did a FREE alignment (stock rims). I had both left and right toe aligned (I can post the numbers, if needed).

Now back to my 18" setup. The only disadvantage is more "road feeling" (aka steering vibrartions at high speed), in addition to some lower MPG numbers.

On the positive side, they stick like a glue.

Overall, after the 15k service with the fixes for rattles, tranny vibrations, the CLS feels like new

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S, NAV.
- 3M clear bra, by Stonguard (full front bumper, and side mirrors, and partial hood)
- Acura Spoiler, Moonroof visor
- Splash guards, Winter mats, Trunk liner
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
- 04/13/01: 235/40/18 NITTO 555 on 18x7.5, +45 offset, Konig Imagine in Silver with wheels locks
Old 06-19-2001, 03:31 PM
Rod
Drifting

Remember, when the cops show up YOU are a criminal with a gun, be ready to call your lawyer. This advice is from a retired cop so don't crucify me.

</font>
Exactly why I won't carry a gun around. Even if the guy is an asshole and you just did the world a favor by eliminating his stupis ass, you're still going to be the "bad guy" and have to go through all sorts of shit and maybe even end up in jail.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

i don't know where you guys come about getting all worried about getting shot. I live in california not texas.</font>
People get shot or busted up all the time out here... Road rage is a huge problem.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 06-19-2001, 04:10 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

You gotta be shitting me Scott. The whole shooting on the freeway thing started in LA!

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
PAA Polished CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02
DOM 3/2000

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-19-2001, 04:16 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
You gotta be shitting me Scott. The whole shooting on the freeway thing started in LA!

</font>
see thats what you'd think...but really it doesnt occur that often. About a month ago on the news it happened and they said it was the first incident for the year
Old 06-19-2001, 04:17 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

see thats what you'd think...but really it doesnt occur that often. About a month ago on the news it happened and they said it was the first incident for the year </font>
Scott, I lived in LA for 23 years before moving back here. It happened a lot and it has actually calmed down for the last few years. You never know who is packing and who isn't. Don't take chances. Arrive Alive as they say in Florida.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
PAA Polished CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02
DOM 3/2000

gto2050 (Mike) - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 06-19-2001, 04:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Scott, I lived in LA for 23 years before moving back here. It happened a lot and it has actually calmed down for the last few years. You never know who is packing and who isn't. Don't take chances. Arrive Alive as they say in Florida.

this is true
</font>
Old 06-19-2001, 05:33 PM
Racer

its good you didn't do anything. .

------------------
LAKERS: BACK TO BACK!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:43 PM
Race Director

so i'm driving to work traffic is moving at about 75 and all of a sudden this pick up in the lane over doing about 60 comes into my lane. What you don't understand is that my front bumper was already past his rear bumper!! I had to lock them up and tapped is rear end (no damage) and I get on the horn and this dude has the nerve to stick his hand out the window and flick me off!! I try to get next to him but he cuts me off again. Finally i get to the side of him, roll down my window and start letting him know my mind. Traffic is comming to a stop about 100 yards ahead so i get behind him so i won't lose him. I write down the plates and when we come to a stop...this dude opens his door like he's waiting for me to get out...we are on the freeway. So i open mine get out and this dude and I start yelling at each other on the middle of the 605...as i shut my door and am all the way out he gets in and takes off. Well the good news is theres no damage...but i have his plate #'s and am thinking bout turning him in...but think i'll get in trouble since i hit the back of him....what you guys think i should do? I'm just gonna drop it i think.</font>
You mean you lived thru this to be able to post about it here? You are lucky....

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 09:45 PM
Race Director

well i kinda hit him</font>
It's not your fault if he made an illegal lane change (in front of you). But no damage, so there's nothing here, just raw nerves and hard feelings.

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-19-2001, 09:51 PM
Race Director

</font>

Carry whatever you want. Even if you get a permit to carry, you'll never get a license to fire it. I don't know why you or anyone would even want one of these, my Dad has a permit in Texas (they're just handing them out there in exchange for some cash and a few classes). The problem is if you fire it, it's a whole lifetime of trouble and msiery. Only fire your weapon if it means the difference between standing above ground or lying below ground.

I've had my Glock for many years now but today I have no interest in carrying it or even using it (read: I really would like to live out the rest of my life in relative peace).

------------------
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

Quick Reply: the nerve of this prick on the freeway!!!