Need tech advice, help please SRS light won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 03:19 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need tech advice, help please SRS light won't turn off

I installed the alarm shock sensor, everything came out fine. All of a sudden my power driver seat was not working, so I started to check out the fuses. I went ahead and removed the memory seat fuses and my instrument cluster went out. I put the fuse back in and this Damn SRS light will not come off. I have removed the battery + to reset the computer but that did not work, any help would be greatly appreciated. What went wrong???
Old 07-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
How long did you leave the battery unplogged for?

I think I've read a similar story not too long ago; when the guy pulled a fuse and put back in after checking it, the SRS light came on. Or something like that.

Perhaps you didn't unplug the batter long enough. Maybe there's an actual problem with the SRS, and is an active code.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:25 PM
B A N N E D

I unplugged the battery for about 30 minutes, I don't think there is a problem with the SRS, all I did was take a fuse out and put it back in.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Devil's Advocate Returns

Here, try this...

The pictures inside the thread are gone (actually the linked-to page with pictures are gone/moved/whatever).

Here is a link of interest:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...e+airbag+light

OK. This is what the connector looks like on the 3.0 I cant help you if you have a 2.2/2.3

It's under the left side of the drivers column above the hood release handle......it's got two grey wires going into it.....

Disconnect it and follow the instructions below this thread, inserting the paper clip into the piece hanging down.....

Here is a modified paper clip if you need that pic too...

Here is the procedure

1. Turn off ignition

2. Connect the SCS service connector (or paper clip) to the 2pin wire you take out of the yellow connector box and is now hanging from a thicker harness.

3. Turn on ignition

4. SRS light comes on for 6 sec and then goes off. Before it has been off 4 sec, Remove the SCS connector.

5.SRS light turns on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector within 4 sec of light coming on

6. Light goes off, remove connector within 4 sec after light went off.

7. SRS light blinks 2 times telling you the memory is erased.

8. Turn ignition off.

Hope it works it may take some practice. Good Luck.
Like I said before I dont recommend doing this unless you KNOW it is not a serious problem. I'd hate for your airbag to malfunction on you
MISC LINKS:

http://www.troublecodes.net/acura/

Page 23-23 in the 2001 CL/CLS service manual has the full info. You just need to find the 2-pin connector. If it still isn't working, you've got some more digging to do...
Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by EL_CLS
The pictures inside the thread are gone (actually the linked-to page with pictures are gone/moved/whatever).

Here is a link of interest:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...e+airbag+light

MISC LINKS:

http://www.troublecodes.net/acura/

Page 23-23 in the 2001 CL/CLS service manual has the full info. You just need to find the 2-pin connector. If it still isn't working, you've got some more digging to do...
Wow, unbelievable, great reply, thanks allot, I will try, hopefully it will work…