Need insurance help - ALLSTATE getting sneaky on us

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need insurance help - ALLSTATE getting sneaky on us

Well, I told you guys about the lexus...how it was stolen, i chased the guy...he got away blah blah blah...

well listen to this....

ALLSTATE is acting funny, asking weird questions...

My dad has a few cars, a cargo van, a truck, RX300, E500...

The cargo can and truck are for the business....anyways...

The RX was stolen, we reported it...now, after 2.5 weeks, insurance lady is saying that they think I WAS DRIVING THE LEXUS FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS SINCE MY DAD GOT THE E500...and they might not pay our claim...WTF?!?!

They are stretching this shit out, they got a statement from me that was SUPPOSED to be about the incident with the guy trying to run me over, but it turned into "do you drive the lexus?" " what cars do YOU drive?" etc..

in short, they think that I'm driving the lexus...they had to nerve to ask my dad, why do you have so many cars?? we think your son is driving the lexus...and since I'm not under the policy, they are fucking around with us...

what do we do????

i obviuosly dont drive the lexus, my dad just kept it cause he liked it, and you cant really go everywhere with the E500...well my dad cant atleast.

ANY info on this would be great.

Is there a time limit they have to send us a check?
Why are the so fucking stupid?
Should we contact a lawyer?

On occasion, I drive the lexus, like if my car is at the shop, but the last time i drove it was like 3 months ago, just when i gotta buy something that wont fit in my car...i'm BOGGLED what this has to do with my dads car being stolen!?!? wtf

if i did drive my dads car a couple times in the past 5 months to buy stuff that wont fit in my car, or whatever, does that mean they dont have to pay the claim?

any help would be great, thanks

TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, they said that they will be "keeping an eye" on me???!?!
to see if i drive my dads cars or not....
Old 04-25-2003, 12:23 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they have no proof

tell em to eat a dick
Old 04-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a car, there is no reason for them to assume that you are driving the lexus....You can always pull the "don't assume because it makes an ass out of u and me" jk

Sorry man, if they keep up with it, I don't see any reason why not to contact a lawyer about it. Or let them know that you will proceed to contact a lawyer and see if it speeds things up with them.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Race Director

we already threatened with the lawyer talk...

they continued to not believe us, this offended my dad very much.

how do insurance companies usually hold up in court?

http://www.allstateinsurancesucks.co...nt_5.-7-98.htm

" During the course of its investigation of Farrow's claim, Allstate, its employees and agents, engaged in a pattern of willful, intentional and/or reckless conduct calculated to cause damage and severe emotional distress to Farrow, including, but not limited to, making statements that Farrow was a liar, asserting that Farrow had submitted a false claim to Allstate, and making a report to an insurance industry information bureau suggesting that Farrow had filed a suspicious and possibly fraudulent claim.

33. During the course of its investigation of Farrow's claim, Allstate, its employees and agents, have personally harassed Farrow, made unreasonable demands for production of documents unrelated to her claim, refused to

consider conclusive evidence in support of her claim, and falsely accused Farrow of collusion with others in making a fraudulent claim.

34. The conduct of Allstate, as outlined supra, was outrageous and intolerable and directly caused Farrow to suffer severe emotional distress which is continuing.

35. The actions of Allstate were taken and engaged in by Allstate and its agents and employees with actual malice towards Farrow and/or under circumstances amounting to a willful and wanton disregard of the rights of Farrow.

WHEREFORE, plaintiff, Karen K. Farrow, prays that this Court grant her judgment against defendant, Allstate Indemnity Company, in the amount of FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($45,000.00), plus interest thereon from March 31, 1996, until paid in full as compensatory damages, plus punitive damages in the amount of THREE HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($350,000.00), plus her costs and reasonable attorneys' fees incurred in bringing this action."

my dad is not the kind that would suck money out of people....but if allstate keeps this up, would suggesting punitive damages be out of the question?
Old 04-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Suzuka Master

tell them after this your gonna switch insurance companies and see how fast they stfu
Old 04-25-2003, 01:53 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Yes stay away from those fuckers!! I hate allstate with a passion. They are the shittiest insurance company on earth!! I don't even want to discuss my dealings with them... I have had to bicker and bitch with them and answer their rediculous questions on 2 separate accident occasions(both not my fault) The last claim I had with them it took them 2 months to get me a check and they dicked me on the check. I had a hooked up 95 accord with about $20K into it and they ended up giving me a check for $12K... FUCK THEM! When my mom takes me off their insurance next year I will not go to allstate for insurance and I will write them a nice long letter about how fucked they are as a company and the bullshit they have put me through on 2 occasions.
RANT RANT RANT

Good luck with your claim. I have had to hire a lawyer on for 1 of my claims and when you get a lawyer on their ass they pick up the fucking pace quite a bit. When you don't have a lawyer they just take fucking forever to pay a claim. Fucking theives...
Old 04-25-2003, 03:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

allstate is shady...that's why i switched
Old 04-25-2003, 04:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
thats rediculous.

i'm sure your dad knows how to handle a situation like this.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:36 AM
Pro

allstate forked me over so I dumped the bastiches. Insurance is such a damn ripp off.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Insurance Commish

Are you in Canada? If so, the laws are very different. If not, let me know what state your in.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:52 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Just tell the Allstate person to look at Acura-CL.com and do a search for your name. She'll see oodles of posts over years that are about you driving your own cars.

I'm not sure what they're getting at. A stolen car is a stolen car. It's not like you were driving it, crashed it, and there's a police report that states that.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:08 AM
Race Director

Received 965 Likes on 581 Posts
Deal directly with allstate through the web site, not your agent if this is a problem with the agent. I just had something where I transfered ownership of my old car to my parents and the agent didn't take the old car off of my policy so they got paid for the same car twice for a month. I sent a email to allstate through the web site and they took care of it immediatly.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Still trolling

My story....

I have been an Allstate auto insurance customer for over 10 years. Started in Florida, and moved to Texas, and still used them. Never had a claim, so of course it was just a bottomless pit I was throwing my money in of course.

2.5 months ago, I called Allstate to get a homeowners policy for the new house we were purchasing. THey quoted me and took all my information. They provided me with the contact info for the mortage and title company to contact to get the relavent info for closing.

2 days prior to closing on my house, they tell the mortage company they won't be able to provide a home owners policy to me due to not meeting their credit requirements. Turns out this is a go to BS statement used to be selective about providing insurance. Me and my wife's becaon scores are 710+ so I know credit was not a vaild excuse. Of course when I called, they indicated it's a 1-5 scoring system, 1-2 are automaticly covered, and 3 is right on the edge. We were a 3, and would be able to provide a policy in 6-8 months.

Mind you I have never had a home claim on my house in FLorida, or anywhere I have had insurance on a dwelling or property. In addition, I have never had a automobile claim, and no tickets in over 7 years.

So, I am really frustrated now since I have less than 5 hours to get the insurance poliy to the title company so I can close on the target date. I call back to complain some more, and I get the same song and dance that there is nothing they can do. Here is the kicker, on my final call to Allstate;

"Mr. Pickering, I was reviewing your auto policy while we were looking at the home owners piece, and well, you are paying to much for your auto policy for having no claims and tickets for either vehicle (I have a 01 xTerra SE too). You should pull your cars from Allstate too. You can get a better deal elsewhere".

I was shocked. I told her "You don't have to tell me twice!" and hung the phone up.

I called Nationwide and brought both cars, and got my homeowners policy for far less than Allstate.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Both my wife and I have had problems with Allstate paying out claims to us for their at-fault insured drivers. I think bad customer service to a third party (like us) is equally a problem as bad service to their own clients. People are always looking for new insurance deals, and this kind of PR is not helpful.

We have State Farm (auto, home, umbrellas...), and have had it for about 20 years. I've never had a problem with them. In fact, I'd say that their service has been good.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Insurance Commish

Slimey, Insurance Score is not the same as credit rating. Go to google and search you will see that must states allow insurers to use this score to rob the insurance buying public blind. In Oregon the lawmakers are trying to outlaw this practice but the Insurance industry has a very powerful lobby and the outright band will probably not pass.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Racer

Allstate is a bunch of holes! My girlfriend got a into a collision with some trailer trash ford taurus, it was clearly her fault, the cop issued her a ticket, a plus a off duty cop witness the whole thing and said he wouldn't mind testifying if need be. Allstate of course took forever to investigate everything and was very slow issuing out anything. She has a lawyer now and they are jumping through hoops. I would get a lawyer asap. They will try to get over on you if they can.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by '03CL&'03AV6EX
Are you in Canada? If so, the laws are very different. If not, let me know what state your in.
yes in canada..

what i reallly want to know is...even if i drove the car about 5 times in the last 5 months......does that mean they cannot cover my dad??
Old 04-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

You're driving the Lexus has nothing to do with it being stollen. What a bunch of :swear2:

What is a good company for home and auto???

I am insured with Erie for my car.

I just won a contract on a house, 1st time I'll ever have home insurance. Settle on May 20th.

Erie WON'T insure the house, it has aluminum wiring.

2 options:

I can carry auto with Erie, and home with (blank).

Or move both to carrier (blank).

Erire is cheap, and I've been happy so far (2 years). But I can get a mulitpolicy discount with home and auto together.

Help, I need insurance NOW!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Originally posted by amirsafdari
yes in canada..

what i reallly want to know is...even if i drove the car about 5 times in the last 5 months......does that mean they cannot cover my dad??
You do not have to covered to drive his car as long as if he gives you consent then you are actually covered by the insurance company when you are driving the car.

On the potental lawsuit, record what they are saying to you if you can, keep records on who and when you talk to them and try to keep a paper trail like wrtien correspondence to and from them.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Casual Observer

In the United States, in the State of California:

You would bring a first-party bad faith claim against your insurance company alleging that the insurance company is acting in bad faith in an effort to defraud its customer, you would allege breach of the insurance contract, and you would allege unfair business practices under section 17200 of the business and professions code, thereby entitling you to reasonable attorneys fees and costs of suit.

BUT, that is in the United States, in the State of California.

In the US, every states' laws are very different and I can only assume that there are even more significant differences as you cross international borders.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:17 PM
I hate the Mets

I never had a problem with Allstate - Got into an accident in 2000 - They gave me nothing but a quick turn-around and great service...The same for when my house had a fire which gutted the upstairs...

I think they are franchised (right?) so maybe they don't all suck
Old 04-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Insurance Commish

In the US, You would not have a problem as the coverage is first party and it does not matter who drives the car. In Canada who knows? Read your policy. It should explain how Compprehensive coverage works.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

In the US, You would not have a problem as the coverage is first party and it does not matter who drives the car. In Canada who knows? Read your policy. It should explain how Compprehensive coverage works.
My brother, who lives in the same household, had an accident 2 years ago. There is a specific exclusion on my policy with his name for 3 years. If he drives my car, my insurance won't cover anything that happens, while he is driving. So there can be exceptions They can't deny me coverge because my brother has driven my car in the past. In Amir's case, they are being pricks.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Slimey, Insurance Score is not the same as credit rating.
Huh? Are you talking to me. I didn't raise the issue of credit ratings and insurance.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Drifting

In Illinois, the insurer must pay the loss to the vehicle insured if the vehicle is not recovered in 30 days. On day 31, they have to cut a check, and you should both agree (if in mind only) that the amount is fair. How you do this is ...up to you.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Race Director

spoke to them today,

i basically told them that,

you guys are calling us liars, we take offence to this, and we consider your tone and choice of words harassment. You have untill monday to choose to honor your policy with us, or we will be stressing our concerns about our claim, and your harrassment with our lawyer.

They called the office again in the afternoon, but nobody was there to recieve the call...i wonder what they were going to say...anyways, guess we're gonna find out on monday.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Race Director

thanks for all the help guys
Old 04-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Racer

wtf did they speak to your nrghbors or something behind ur back?