my tranny is now the LEAST of my worries... FUCKING DEALERSHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by eclipse23
That is TOTALLY beside the point.

:P
Old 06-11-2003, 01:59 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Good customer service story for the bad Acura dealers...
I took my Legend Coupe to Sears for new tires. The Manager calls me at home to say an employee got the front bumper caught on the lift and pulled it off the car! Tore most of the mountings and tore up the blinkers. I thought he was gonna say the whole car fell off the lift!
Anyway, they were very professional about it, and paid for the repair and a rental. It was a hassle but an accident and they took total accountability for it and did the right thing.
Maybe some Acura dealers could learn from Sears.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:01 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,105 Likes on 2,708 Posts
Originally posted by CO-CL-S
It is very easy for HOA to control the dealers, all they have to do is care. They just manipulate the alocations and the dealers will get the picture real quick.
It depends on what is in the contract. But HoA wont step in unless the dealer is getting complaints across the board. Fucking with allocation will cost them money too and they wont screw with that.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by 123456SPEED

Maybe some Acura dealers could learn from Sears.
Maybe some board members could stop attacking dealerships with every possible story and angle until they see what happens w/ adam's car first.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Shawn S
Yes it WAS. I was referring more to the SUE-SUE-SUE posts.

So that’s when you go dig up the “customer” and drop him on Jr’s doorstep right ???

Shawn S
Nah, but I remember a funeral director stopping the procession at the bank, walking back to the LIMO and making the family go into the bank and withdrawal the funeral balance, since they did not pay him for the 2 funerals before... Needless to say it is against the law to stop a funeral procession.. he got in trouble, suspension, fine and all that... But it was classic.

Smitty
Old 06-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
I'm honestly thinking of turning this website into "dont-buy-an-acura-cl.com"
You might want to check out Nissan/Infiniti products

I hear that everyone is doing it

edit: changed here to hear
Old 06-11-2003, 03:27 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
He states the dealer told him they were already starting the bodywork and paintwork. He deserved to be told BEFORE they took any action and have the option to see the damage, it's his car, not their's. And he's there because of failed tranny.

I know I have a strong bias against dealers due to my personal experiences. At least they told him about the damage.
I don't agree with sue, sue, sue, either... accidents happen, and customers lie too. Hopefully something good will come out of it. Imagine a bad tranny nightmare and then this!

Acura deserves to lose sales and money over the tranny failures. Only if a problem hits them in the bank will they do anything.
Machines fail, ok, but how you deal with it and your customer, are the important thing, and Acura flunked.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:33 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
update:

didnt get a chance to check the car out... it was already up at the body shop. and i couldnt make it out there today.

i just called them again... STILL NO TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 03:33 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Nah, but I remember a funeral director stopping the procession at the bank, walking back to the LIMO and making the family go into the bank and withdrawal the funeral balance, since they did not pay him for the 2 funerals before... Needless to say it is against the law to stop a funeral procession.. he got in trouble, suspension, fine and all that... But it was classic.
That's beautiful!

I think because we are such enthusiasts (we are all on this board after all), we probably are a bit more picky than some people and certainly have done things to our cars either with mods or driving habits that can affect reliability to some degree...
Honda isn't far behind Lexus/Toyota on satisfaction surveys on quality and problems to back up my point...

Car dealers are like insurance companies: The goal is to make money up front, and save it on the backend. It's all about profit. It's the ultimate American capitalism. There are laws, procedures and customer service issues to help with problems we all may have, but cars/service/dealers/makers ought to be looked at as a profit machine rather than there for your ultimate customer service needs such as the service industry sector...
Just my $0.02...

ps--Not to rub it in, but my dealer is repairing a broken motor mount for me under warranty. They flubbed up the loaner and had to send me to Enterprise--for the second time in a row, and now I'm getting my 45k service for free as I gently, and simply, told them that it wasn't right to make an 8am appointment, well ahead of time, be promised and reserved a car and then not fulfilled that promise--twice. They bent over backwards and I never made a consolation offer--they did.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Got BOOST????

That fact that the was already at the body shop is a bad sign. Maybe when they first test drove it, they hit something. they didn't want to tell soopa and wanted to cover it up. But the body shop couldn't get it done in time, so they had to tell him. You should at least have your own body shop paint the car. Even insurance companys give you a choice of where you want to bring your car. So, that's y i brought up the sue situation. I don't recall how long the car has been out of his hands, but it is unacceptable. A loner car should have been given out. Expecially if it's in the body shop. Maybe there just telling you the tranny's not in. Just to make like you wouldn't have the car anyaways. But i think it is WRONG for the dealer to do what they did. They should have contacted you right away and explained what happend. Then asked you want u wanted to do. THAT'S IT. The way i see it, is they are trying to hid something.

Old 06-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I must say that I would have been very upset myself if a dealership took my car to be repaired without my permission. What if they hit something HARD, and are only fixing the exterior damages? Sounds fishy to me.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:20 PM

Woah. Jens, I agree. I wanna erase my post. I wrote it late last night before bed. An NSX loaner would really make up for the problems though (at least to me).

Anyways, you are right. Once things are laid out, then judgements should be placed.

Thanks for keeping us Kids in line! Its embarrassing when we get out of control like that. :o :o :o

Originally posted by Jens H.
As probably one of the few people on this forum that actually works for an auto dealer I thought I might chime in here.I find it interesting that before the actual facts are known or the extent of the damage is known there are plenty of people that seem to think the dealer in question should be sued or screamed at or should give up an NSX loaner car or give up loan payments or lord knows what else .
I work for a dealer and it has happened to me as well that a customer car get's damaged .It is embarrassing expensive and an overall bummer when this sort of thing happens and speaking for the dealers that I have worked for they have all bent over backwards to resolve the problem .
I am not going to try to defend this dealer that there is an issue with but in all honesty I am going to do something that I rarely do and that is to tell all of you sit down shutup and let's see what Soopa finds out AFTER he visits the dealer to find out what is going on and then let's see what the FACTS are.
As an employee of an auto dealer all I can say is that I am pretty disgusted with the attitude some of you have .If you could take one moment and reread some of the commentary made here and put yourself in the shoes of the poor bastard who works for a dealer you will soon begin to see that this direction of action is not a good one .
If the dealer does not rectify the situation to Soopa's satisfaction then it would be good to talk about a course of action to get things resolved but this frankly astonishing amount of vitriol and bitterness and over all nonsense is surprising from a forum filled with what i consider to be a very intelligent group of people .
This is my two cents worth .Jens
Old 06-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All has to refrain from posting their opinions and guesses!

Wait till we hear the full story and how it would be resolved by the dealer...

You are some opnioniated bunch of freaking car nuts!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Got BOOST????

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
You are some opnioniated bunch of freaking car nuts!
That's why were here, right?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Adult Supervision

While we're waiting, Smitty, let's hear some more interesting dead people stories...
Old 06-11-2003, 06:50 PM

Maybe it's just me, but if Lexus gave me this type of shit with trannies and bad service, I would have sold the car and gotten something the competition sells. u can't be brand BLIND. Acura is fucking the muthafucking shit outta a lot of ya'll. 4 trannies, trannies slipping at 80mph, causing accidents, I am not going into paint, fit etc.

If you keep buying it, your supporting it. They won't fix it.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Race Director

Hehe, ok now some people are changing their tunes. But that's ok. You can do that.

Jens is right. Go back and look at my post. Sarcastic? Typical of me? No, you should have seen the long and loud paragraphs I had written up, it took me all of about 45 minutes and then...I deleted it and wrote something short.

Why? Because Adam was getting screwed...and he is....and yes people reacted strongly....but everyone was swinging this way, way to far to the other side....and I mean everyone and so how could I jump in with....Ken Steele always seems like the bad guy or he allows other people to walk all over him when he says "what are your damages?" or "if I were the judge, I throw you out..." or "a dealership is not bound to pre-notify you for a $0 repair" or even "post your age. only the young people talk about how they're going to ACT UP on the showroom floor and call The President."

I don't like to argue. I just think that people always think they have the LAW on their side and that as a customer they are entitled. "I bought an Acura. I deserve...." One of these days, sometime during our lifetime, the supplies/parts/services are going to get scarce for the good stuff. And there will be a premium. And the customer is going to trade places with the Company. And there will be customers that nobody wants, that companies will be able to reject.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Racer

Hang in there Soopa. I'm sure your service manager will take care of you. If he doesn't, you can let hell loose on him.

Best of luck with it.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Sorry to here that Soopa...
Old 06-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Burning Brakes

I agree Jens..

Originally posted by Jens H.
Jimcoll ,like I said I am not attempting to defend the dealer in question as I do not know the facts about what is going on there with Soopa's car .Yes it is odd that the dealer damaged the car during a road test however the dealer may have been instructed to attempt a repair after the trans was ordered ,the car may have been damaged in the lot ,it may have been damaged on the initial road test and nobody noticed untill later .There are alot of possibilities here .So like I said let Soopa go and speak with the dealer then let's see what is going on .
My real issue is the general attitude of the membership with all the rants about they owe you this or they should do that or my favorite one about the NSX loaner that one killed me.I mean get real why is it if there is trouble all anyone these days can think to do is call a lawyer and sue sue sue .
Sorry as an employee it becomes very disheartening to hear these sort of things constantly when I know damn well there are better ways to deal with this sort of thing .I know nobody is questioning myself or the dealer I work for but somewhere along the line I have to speak out and remind all of you that dealers are people too and like ALL of you we make mistakes ,sometimes bad ones .It is the resolution here that matters most so let's see what happens.
Jens
Jens,
I agree with whole heartedly, I don't believe that anyone should sue anyone in this case. People make mistakes, and just as long as the mistakes are taken care of to the individual that this happened to then I think that would be perfectly fine.

I was brought up with 'do onto others as you would want them to do onto you', and unfortunately think about it here folks. Just as long as the dealership returns the car to you in the condition they received it in, then all should be good (again minus the broke transmission ), there is no need to go 'sue happy' here. That really is the problem with this country.

Also on a side note, did anyone know that if you file a lawsuit against anyone, or anything, this could have a detrimental affect on your credit rating, as well as your ability to obtain a job in the future?? Just something to think about for all those folks that think lawsuits are the way to go....
Old 06-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Shawn S
I’m just saying that many wealthy people expect to be treated better then everyone else and their demands can sometimes be ridiculous.
It’s usually worse when it’s a younger person with an inheritance or insurance settlement.
Just speaking from some personal experiences that I’ve had with people of this type.

Shawn S
Shawn,
So are we talking about REALLY personal experience here?
Old 06-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
wow...this thread has taken some interesting turns!! I havent read it since the first day.
I just want to say a couple of things...i have dealt with a lot of dealerships/ mechanics for various different reasons. One thing i know for sure is sales dept doesnt necessarily have anything to do with service. I dunno if that is good or bad but that is how it is. My experience with my Acura dealer has been positive so far...for the most part. But, i never let things go on good faith. I always examine my car before taking delivery and inspect it with them when they take it in. As far as Adams car is concerened....one hand i am glad too that they fixed their fuck up right away and informed him...but i can see why you might think they are hiding bad damage as well. I dunno.
I have a question for Jens....how come some dealerships seem to get transmissions right away while othters seem to take forever? Is it from HoA's end or the dealer. Strange. You here som many different stories.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey WHERE"S SOOPA???? Here SOOPA,, Here SOOPA Where are you???
Old 06-12-2003, 12:30 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
make sure it gets certified by acura
Old 06-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Got BOOST????

Re: I agree Jens..

Originally posted by JSuppi
Jens,
I agree with whole heartedly, I don't believe that anyone should sue anyone in this case. People make mistakes, and just as long as the mistakes are taken care of to the individual that this happened to then I think that would be perfectly fine.

I was brought up with 'do onto others as you would want them to do onto you', and unfortunately think about it here folks. Just as long as the dealership returns the car to you in the condition they received it in, then all should be good (again minus the broke transmission ), there is no need to go 'sue happy' here. That really is the problem with this country.

Also on a side note, did anyone know that if you file a lawsuit against anyone, or anything, this could have a detrimental affect on your credit rating, as well as your ability to obtain a job in the future?? Just something to think about for all those folks that think lawsuits are the way to go....

Hey, i understand that people make mistakes. I make them all the time, but when they try to cover it up, it sounds kind of fishy. I belive soopa said that they told him only when he called to find out about the tranny. The minute it happend, they should have contacted him and let him know the situation and he wanted it resolved. Either have them fix it at there place, or if soopa wanted it fixed some place else.