my tranny is now the LEAST of my worries... FUCKING DEALERSHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 12:47 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuck man, thats fucked up.. i cant imagine what your goin through right now
Old 06-11-2003, 04:14 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to the dealer, pull your pants down and take a shit on the sales floor. OR.......have a nervous breakdown and claim it's all their fault. Say you've had nightmares about honda trannies trying to kill you! i think we need a "bent over silly by honda" smiley and a "broken tranny" smiley too! You guys think Acura will still send Soopa a survey? Sorry dood, just trying to crack a smile on your face! Just get your car back and make sure they compensate you for all this bs they put you through.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:15 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
well heres a couple pertinent points.

i probably cant see the damage since the car was ALREADY at the body shop according to the svc manager.

i imagine that this happened after they "replaced the solenoid" in my transmission... which had to be either Friday or Monday.

otherwise I cant see them having my car moving - the transmission is stuck in 2nd gear afterall.

second...

this isnt the first time my car will have been painted... if yall remember... I hit a deer just a few months ago. However that damage was too the Driver side fender - not the passenger side like this... and I took my car to what most of us feel is the best body shop in the area to get that work done.

regardless - i dont think i can say shit about lost resale value if the work comes out decent - simply because its not the first painting of the car.

but i dunno?

im going to show up there today - see if i cant see the car - see what happened. at very least see how work is progressing and exactly what theyre doing.

i have no desire to fight with this dealership as they simply DONT CARE about anyone. i've fought with them before - extreme waste of time... and im sure thats why this is happening now.

interesting point that i forgot - BUT - since ive remembered has kept me up all night...

the body shop Acura uses - Kaisers - is supposed to be really good. BUT, when I was involved in that 5 car pile up with my '00 TL... I took it there on their recommendation... and the car came out LIKE SHIT. Not only that - but then this Acura dealer RAPED me because of that when i brought the car back for trade in.

THis is certainly the last Acura i EVER buy. Without question. This company simply DOES NOT CARE about their customers.

As i said before - my friends BMW tranny died while we were in Montreal - AND THEY REPLACED IT OVERNIGHT. even being in another country.

Thats service.

Realistically - I dnnt think a lawyer will get me anywhere. Do yall have the numbers for Acura corporate? I think calling them is my best bet... the dealer - Northeast Acura - is a complete waste of my time.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:17 AM
The Creator

I'm honestly thinking of turning this website into "dont-buy-an-acura-cl.com"
Old 06-11-2003, 04:27 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by soopa
Old 06-11-2003, 04:52 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

You should try it for one day to see what kind of effect it would have. Re-direct the first page to a BMW forum! I bet peeps would be goin nutz!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Team Owner

Unfortunately, it’s already almost that NOW.

Shawn S

PS… Why didn’t you have the car towed to Park Ave for the Tranny work ???
You bought it there didn’t you ?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

This is like eating a shit sandwich and washing it down with a glass of water that has a turd floating in it.

Adam, sorry to hear about this. I've never been in a situation like yours. Hit them where it hurts, Acura/Honda Corporate, Customer Service, BBB, etc. Make sure the dealership knows this, ask them for the addresses and numbers to call. Send them copies. Write as many letters, make as many phone calls you can, even if you don't think the recipient will care, your message may find the right person who will. If you are not satisfied, ask for the next person up the food chain. Get their asses.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:19 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As probably one of the few people on this forum that actually works for an auto dealer I thought I might chime in here.I find it interesting that before the actual facts are known or the extent of the damage is known there are plenty of people that seem to think the dealer in question should be sued or screamed at or should give up an NSX loaner car or give up loan payments or lord knows what else .
I work for a dealer and it has happened to me as well that a customer car get's damaged .It is embarrassing expensive and an overall bummer when this sort of thing happens and speaking for the dealers that I have worked for they have all bent over backwards to resolve the problem .
I am not going to try to defend this dealer that there is an issue with but in all honesty I am going to do something that I rarely do and that is to tell all of you sit down shutup and let's see what Soopa finds out AFTER he visits the dealer to find out what is going on and then let's see what the FACTS are.
As an employee of an auto dealer all I can say is that I am pretty disgusted with the attitude some of you have .If you could take one moment and reread some of the commentary made here and put yourself in the shoes of the poor bastard who works for a dealer you will soon begin to see that this direction of action is not a good one .
If the dealer does not rectify the situation to Soopa's satisfaction then it would be good to talk about a course of action to get things resolved but this frankly astonishing amount of vitriol and bitterness and over all nonsense is surprising from a forum filled with what i consider to be a very intelligent group of people .
This is my two cents worth .Jens
Old 06-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes...people make mistakes, but I like th original paint on my car!!!! I take ALOT of pride in keeping my car looking as new as possible.....or even better....as many people in this board do. I have had one bad experience like this. My 95 T-bird was at the dealer and one of the porters nudged the bumper and cracked the paint....I remeber how shitty that felt....mostly because I didn't do it!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Hi Jens,
None of us question the integrity of you or Park Avenue. This particular situation has just gotten worse and worse. Adam has had nothing but problems with this particular dealer with this particular situation with his transmission. This is not the first post regarding his car or the transmission issue. I agree that it is not fair hearing only one side of the issue. However, if you have read the earlier posts seeing where they have continually stalled and stalled in repairing the tranny by utiliing other diagnostic methods and replacing other parts, this particular car was finally diagnosed with a bad transmission and a transmission was ordered. It was after the diagnosis with the car supposedly waiting for parts that this "damage" occurred. That is probably the most suspect part. Would you not agree?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Banned

soopa, did you go see it yet??? how bad is it???
Old 06-11-2003, 08:45 AM
The Creator

Originally posted by Shawn S
PS… Why didn’t you have the car towed to Park Ave for the Tranny work ???
You bought it there didn’t you ?
paa is over 100 miles from me.

towing = $$$$$$$
Old 06-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Jens H.
As probably one of the few people on this forum that actually works for an auto dealer I thought I might chime in here.I find it interesting that before the actual facts are known or the extent of the damage is known there are plenty of people that seem to think the dealer in question should be sued or screamed at or should give up an NSX loaner car or give up loan payments or lord knows what else .
I work for a dealer and it has happened to me as well that a customer car get's damaged .It is embarrassing expensive and an overall bummer when this sort of thing happens and speaking for the dealers that I have worked for they have all bent over backwards to resolve the problem .
I am not going to try to defend this dealer that there is an issue with but in all honesty I am going to do something that I rarely do and that is to tell all of you sit down shutup and let's see what Soopa finds out AFTER he visits the dealer to find out what is going on and then let's see what the FACTS are.
As an employee of an auto dealer all I can say is that I am pretty disgusted with the attitude some of you have .If you could take one moment and reread some of the commentary made here and put yourself in the shoes of the poor bastard who works for a dealer you will soon begin to see that this direction of action is not a good one .
If the dealer does not rectify the situation to Soopa's satisfaction then it would be good to talk about a course of action to get things resolved but this frankly astonishing amount of vitriol and bitterness and over all nonsense is surprising from a forum filled with what i consider to be a very intelligent group of people .
This is my two cents worth .Jens

well said Jens.....well said.....
Old 06-11-2003, 08:50 AM
The Creator

jim; havent seen it yet. will go up there in a bit
Old 06-11-2003, 08:51 AM
The Creator

i gotta agree with Jens too for the most part.

i wont be sueing or whatever.

i would like this months car payment tho. now that they have intentionally stalled the repair of my car... and then fucked it up more.

and still think that acura as a corporation is ass fucking backwards.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Drifting

I sent them an email: neacura@nycap.rr.com

What are you people doing to my buddy's car? First you fiddle around on replacing the "obviously bad tranny" and them some yaho has an accident doing a "test drive"?
Old 06-11-2003, 09:05 AM
retired

Jimcoll ,like I said I am not attempting to defend the dealer in question as I do not know the facts about what is going on there with Soopa's car .Yes it is odd that the dealer damaged the car during a road test however the dealer may have been instructed to attempt a repair after the trans was ordered ,the car may have been damaged in the lot ,it may have been damaged on the initial road test and nobody noticed untill later .There are alot of possibilities here .So like I said let Soopa go and speak with the dealer then let's see what is going on .
My real issue is the general attitude of the membership with all the rants about they owe you this or they should do that or my favorite one about the NSX loaner that one killed me.I mean get real why is it if there is trouble all anyone these days can think to do is call a lawyer and sue sue sue .
Sorry as an employee it becomes very disheartening to hear these sort of things constantly when I know damn well there are better ways to deal with this sort of thing .I know nobody is questioning myself or the dealer I work for but somewhere along the line I have to speak out and remind all of you that dealers are people too and like ALL of you we make mistakes ,sometimes bad ones .It is the resolution here that matters most so let's see what happens.
Jens
Old 06-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Drifting

Jimcoll ,like I said I am not attempting to defend the dealer in question as I do not know the facts about what is going on there with Soopa's car .Yes it is odd that the dealer damaged the car during a road test however the dealer may have been instructed to attempt a repair after the trans was ordered ,the car may have been damaged in the lot ,it may have been damaged on the initial road test and nobody noticed untill later .There are alot of possibilities here .So like I said let Soopa go and speak with the dealer then let's see what is going on .
My real issue is the general attitude of the membership with all the rants about they owe you this or they should do that or my favorite one about the NSX loaner that one killed me.I mean get real why is it if there is trouble all anyone these days can think to do is call a lawyer and sue sue sue .
Sorry as an employee it becomes very disheartening to hear these sort of things constantly when I know damn well there are better ways to deal with this sort of thing .I know nobody is questioning myself or the dealer I work for but somewhere along the line I have to speak out and remind all of you that dealers are people too and like ALL of you we make mistakes ,sometimes bad ones .It is the resolution here that matters most so let's see what happens.
Jens
I don't think anybody is serious about getting a lawyer and sueing them, that's just blowing off steam. The problem is that there is steam to blow off to begin with! The dealer has to make sure that when they call somebody about a problem with their car (especially one they caused) that at the end of the conversation the customer "feels good". In this case the customer obviously didn't, and the tells me the dealership has a major problem!
Old 06-11-2003, 09:20 AM

My dealer has made many mistakes. I've never gotten mad because they always resolve problems in a professional manner.

A customer should never be pissed. If they are, either they are an irrational person or the dealer screwed up and is not professional. (and any good customer service can handle irrational people)

Mistakes and delays happen, things a good dealership can resolve.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:35 AM

...however the dealer may have been instructed to attempt a repair after the trans was ordered

Has any attempted repairs to one of our transmission ever been successful? I see this happening to members of this board all the time, and the transmissions are eventually replaced anyway at a huge inconvenience to owners.

The dealer changes the fluid, returns car to customer.
Dealer changes some parts, returns car to customer.
Then finally changes transmission after 3 trips to the dealership after wasting a lot of time.

In Adams case, the dealer kept the car, but it has taken a month?
Old 06-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Old timer

Thanks for something positive in this thread, Jens.

As for renaming this site, perhaps it would be more logical to be DontBuyAnAcuraFrom____Dealership.com since it is soopa's dealership that has these issues, not Acura or CLs in general.

Anyway, the CL is gone. Not in production anymore. Few left in stock. Acura is moving on. Hopefully they learned some lessons. We'll see when the new TL comes out this fall.

I can't wait to see what auto trans is being used in it.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Jens,

I agree w/ you on the frustrating part and can share that anger in what I do for a living. As a consultant people are inclined to think that I am ripping them off rather than helping them. I think as consumers, the 'dealer' is this entity known to be shady, expensive, and hard to deal with. Taking Park Ave Acura out of that stigma, I think alot of other car dealerships fall perfectly into that web. What you also have on this board is the typical 'group anger' which just brews stupid suggestions and everyone feeds off their own aggrivation. Before my dealings w/ PAA i had nothing but terrible dealership stories from the days of owning other cars. I agree that we should wait to see what Soopa's dealership does for him BUT if you look at the track record so far, their spotty communication and vaugeness on the issue does not help their case when they are now adding an 'at fault' accident to the mix. I am going to reserve judgement (hence, no post from me yet within this thread) until adam tells us what the dealership plans to do to make ammends.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:49 AM
retired

In all honesty there have been a few that were repaired without replacement of the trans itself .this whole entire transmission issue is ofcourse a major source of embarrasment for the dealer network .In the beginning we could not get rebuilt units fast enough then the rebuilds would fail then there were further updates and by and large the dealers are in the dark as to what is really going wrong .The customers are the ones who take it on the chin but because the dealer is the closest most of them ever get to Acura itself the dealer takes the brunt of the storm .So it is a lose lose situation .As it stands we are still pretty much without any real information other than what is commonly known anyway .Acura/Honda does not readily disclose information about these sort of things (in my experience) so I can only guess at what is wrong .
Jens
Old 06-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Team Owner

I can fully appreciate why Jens is so vocal on the comments made by others in this post about dealership problems.
I’m sure this crops up all the time when some rich PRICK is upset with a dirty fingerprint on his NSX or something silly like that.
The SUE HAPPY generation just seems to get worse and worse all the time.
Every time you read in the paper about someone getting 50-Grand for a paper cut or something it makes them think they are due the same.
You people should go back and read your comments and see how STUPID most of them sound.

Shawn S

PS…
Did I mention I’m suing Park Avenue Acura for Emotional Distress because they’re not having a MEET this year.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I’m sure this crops up all the time when some rich PRICK is upset with a dirty fingerprint on his NSX or something silly like that.
So the difference between me putting a fingerprint on your Zaino'ed princess of a car and the above mentioned is that you are not rich and it's not an NSX?

Old 06-11-2003, 10:43 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I am a reasonable person. I have driven Acuras for 12 years. I hate my local dealer. I have had to deal with unprofessional liars, mostly in the used car dept. My previous salesman that sold me my Legend screwed me out of $500. he sold my old car on the side for me and did not give me all the money. He was fired a few months later, he had been there 3 months. The used car mgr was rude and hung up on the phone when I complained about the window etching they forced me to buy ($300) and did not do. He 'left the business' since. I had to take it back and have it etched for the $300.
The recent sales rep (his first day on the job) I bought my CL from lied and slick talked everything, to where I never knew what to believe. I had to always call Acura corporate to find out the truth, usually the sales rep and sales mgr was lying. Told me the car was an exec car the sales mgr drove. No, it was a repossession from another state. Told me the certified warranty is full coverage, it is not. They will say anything that they think you want to hear. I complained but they didn't care. I never got the after purchase survey either, wonder why.
Service dept sometimes is good, sometimes terrible. Once picking up my car I turned it on and the radio was on a rap station at max volume and the speakers were rattling (I'm not a rapper). The door had a new ding. They said the guy had been fired for complaints, yea right.
It was always a chore to get a loaner car even tho the sales pitch included free loaner cars. Half the time they wouldn't know my car had a warranty and I'd have to go see the sales rep and he would talk to the service people.
I never could get my warranty in writing on my Legend. I asked at the sale to both the the rep and the mgr. They said we don't have that, it's in the computer. Well, service was always confused about it. Finally after weeks of trying, I got the rep to scribble it on a window sales sticker for me. Major hassle. The 'certified' Legend had so many obvious problems no one could have done a '150 point check' or whatever their marketing calls it. The key would barely turn in the ignition, the abs sensor light was on, the passenger seat was stuck in it's track, the driver window would not track right, the headlights were way out of adjustment. I did get it all fixed but so much for the certified inspection program.
I hate this dealer but it's the only one in town.

I am pissed at Acura corporate for allowing their good cars to be handled by such unprofessionals. They ruin the experience.
Sorry for the rant, I'm sure some dealers are good.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Let me tell you this Fresh Story:

I just dropped my CLS at the dealer to the get the rear mirror replaced.

Since it is only 1 day job. I asked someone to drive me back. A teen (he claimed he is 19 years old) came out, with my CLS keys in hand and told me I will drive you back. I said: Are we driving my car? he said: yes! Usually, I would be driven back with the dealer's car, not mine.

I drove back myself. Once we arrived. I reset the trip meter, asked the the guy to drive back safely. The guy pulled out (slowly)with NO seat belt. 1/2 hr later, I called the dealer and asked if my car is back. The service rep went out and checked and my CLS is not there yet!!

The dealer is just 10 miles away. It takes less than 20 mins to be there!

I asked the service guy to call the guy on his cell phone and give me a call once my car is back. 10 mins later, I got a call tell me the guy was late because someone hit a deer and there was some traffic.

In fact, we saw the accident with the deer, it was on the south bound on Exit 1. Going back you would not take exit 1 south bound! you will take back exit 1 north. It is an excuse, and the I hope the good thing is nothing happened and the guy is back with my CLS safely.

I hated when I saw him driving with no seat belt. I mentioned to guy to put his seat belt but he just ignored it and drove away.

Moral of the story is be careful, dealers hire young boys as drivers. A powerful car in the hand of young man is like a sharp knife in the hands of 3 years old kid.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by eclipse23
So the difference between me putting a fingerprint on your Zaino'ed princess of a car and the above mentioned is that you are not rich and it's not an NSX?

I’m just saying that many wealthy people expect to be treated better then everyone else and their demands can sometimes be ridiculous.
It’s usually worse when it’s a younger person with an inheritance or insurance settlement.
Just speaking from some personal experiences that I’ve had with people of this type.

Shawn S
Old 06-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Honkey

My Acura dealer has treated me with complete respect. If I give them a couple days notice, I get a TL or CL as a loaner. They give me daily updates. And when my tranny was being replaced I was reimbursed for one months car payment and insurance. My personal opinion is that MOST car dealers are liars and crooks, but there are a few good ones. My particular favorate is a local dealer told me grandfather that if he had anyone other than a dealer change the oil on his Lexus ($100 every 3000 miles) the warranty would be void.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I’m just saying that many wealthy people expect to be treated better then everyone else and their demands can sometimes be ridiculous.
It’s usually worse when it’s a younger person with an inheritance or insurance settlement.
Just speaking from some personal experiences that I’ve had with people of this type.

Shawn S
:sqnteek: I was kidding.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:37 AM
retired

Since we are relating dealer experiences here are a few from the other side of the garage door .Some time ago a customer appeared on our doorstep with his nearly new RL .He was complaining about numerous elecrical problems .After a bit of looking the car over the warning signs something was out of the ordinary became apparent .Virtually every warning light was on ,there was stuff going crazy in the car .The customer was more closely questioned about the various problems with the car .But he stuck with his story that he had bought the car new and was experiencing terrible problems.Long story short after a a lot of investigation both in the car and the history of the car and a lot of return visits the customer was finally brought to tell the "real" truth about the car .He had bought it at auction it was a flood car .As a means to make money he bought these sort of cars and then through some clever scheme got the title cleaned up then he would proceed to get every failed part in the car fixed under warranty .After he was confronted we never saw him again.
Another customer brought a older Legend in and complained about drivetrain noise .The tech found a busted trans mount and attempted to replace but after many hours of trying we were unable to install the new mount .The entire drivetrain was so crooked that it was impossible to put it back .Again the customer declined any accident or whatever and insisted the car was totally stock .Long story short after a lot of back and forth the "real" truth comes out that the Legend was nearly totalled and had some 20000 dollars in body work done and apparently the frame rails were installed crooked .
Some other famous lines we hear routinely:
"I maintain my car well "(never changed the oil)
"I was driving in traffic when the engine let go "(the pgm tester showed the failure occurred at 9000 rpms, can u say missed shift)
"That dent was not there this morning "(the guy picks up his car when he goes outside to get in the car he looks at nothing else on the car goes directly to the dent makes a big production and drags the writer out to complain about our shoddy work ethic ,he was watched while he did this so it was clearly staged so he could get a freebie out of the dealer)
I know some dealers are awful but trust me when I tell you I have seen some customers that are so shameless that it borders on the insane .
Jens
Old 06-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Originally posted by eclipse23
I agree w/ you on the frustrating part and can share that anger in what I do for a living. As a consultant people are inclined to think that I am ripping them off rather than helping them.
But wait! You ARE!
Old 06-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Shawn S
I can testify to that.. AMEN.. I see it almost daily.. and I get stuck not getting paid... Then the shit hits the fan...

My response was reasonable Shawn.. I would go down there and talk to them face to face... bottom line.... and NO, every dealer is not like this one Soopa is dealing with... I have had me fair share of complaints about recent cars like Ernie has in the past, but I never bad mouthed them, I was respectful and treated them as I would of wanted to be treated, even though they were clearly wrong for using my car for lunch break/errands.

Smitty
Old 06-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Smitty
My response was reasonable Shawn..
Yes it WAS. I was referring more to the SUE-SUE-SUE posts.

I can testify to that.. AMEN.. I see it almost daily.. and I get stuck not getting paid... Then the shit hits the fan...
So that’s when you go dig up the “customer” and drop him on Jr’s doorstep right ???

Shawn S
Old 06-11-2003, 12:13 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
Mine was not a sue sue sue post.

I was simply saying know all your options and cover your ass.

Everything Jens is saying is 100% true. Also, having worked for Honda I've seen both sides of the story and customers are just as much liars as terrible dealers/service.

The problem is there really is no way for Hoa to control these dealers. They are independently owned operations who can do whatever they want. They have normally already signed a 10 year or so liscensed contract with HoA and that is that.

Its sad I really wish HoA had more control over their dealers. All the really good branches are overshadowesd by the numerous terrible, greedy, and slimey owners.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by sarlacc23
Mine was not a sue sue sue post.

I was simply saying know all your options and cover your ass.

Everything Jens is saying is 100% true. Also, having worked for Honda I've seen both sides of the story and customers are just as much liars as terrible dealers/service.

The problem is there really is no way for Hoa to control these dealers. They are independently owned operations who can do whatever they want. They have normally already signed a 10 year or so liscensed contract with HoA and that is that.

Its sad I really wish HoA had more control over their dealers. All the really good branches are overshadowesd by the numerous terrible, greedy, and slimey owners.
It is very easy for HOA to control the dealers, all they have to do is care. They just manipulate the alocations and the dealers will get the picture real quick.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

I'll bet these dealers are the ones with the "ADP" stickers as well (Additional Dealer Profit) or "Market Adjustments". I will not patronize any dealer that practices such methods.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:48 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Damn this thread has really turned into something...

I'm still in the position that the dealer should have given soopa knowledge prior to them taking it to their repair shop of choice to fix it.

I don't agree with the whole lawsuit thing... And I do agree we live in a sue-happy world.

That is all...
Old 06-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by gto2050
But wait! You ARE!
That is TOTALLY beside the point.

:P

Quick Reply: my tranny is now the LEAST of my worries... FUCKING DEALERSHIP!!!