For my son?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 05:58 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my son?

Hi guys,

My son is turning 16 soon and i have a 17 year old daughter. My son loves my CL-S. My daughter's car is my old car a 94 Honda Accord EX - White. My original plan was to have the kids share the honda until they are out of college. Okay this is where it get interesting. My sister's son - 21 is trading in his 84 Camaro Z28 on a cobra mustang. So he said he will only get 1,000 on the camaro. It is in good shape and only needs a paint job from Maaco. My son loves 84-86 camaros. For 1,000 bucks should i get it for him? He knows about this and said he will shell out $1,000. Do you think it is worth it? A camaro would be a lot more fun than an Accord. Also anybody know of any expected problems with the car?

What should i do?

Thanks for the advice in advance

------------------
2001 red cl type s, no navi, black interior, wing, mudflaps, purchased, 12-00
Old 04-02-2001, 06:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I hope I don't offend you with this post...

When my son turns 16 he's getting a reliable car (civic) that doesn't have a hint of power. Why? I had a plymouth fury (mucho hp) when I was 16 and almost killed myself on more than one occasion because I had no business driving a car w/that much hp. Hopefully your son is more responsible than I was but kids will be kids. Can my kid get himself into trouble w/a car that doesn't have much power? Absolutely, but I'm hoping for the best.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-02-2001, 06:22 PM
Adult Supervision

My view:

1) Boys crash cars.
2) Boys crash fast cars faster.
3) Boys learn not to crash cars after their second crash.

Now, I don't know your boy but I would ensure he has some financial skin in the game on this - and be prepared on the insurance end too - it will shock you.

My first car was a '74 Maverick - it was green and gutless but I loved that car - and then I crashed it - twice

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!

[This message has been edited by MikeS 18 (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 06:22 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

I think this is the wrong board to be asking about camero's. i would never buy an american car except for a jeep wrangler and thats it. I dont think those cars are reliable like Mike said. Get him some kind of civic or something like that.

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 04-02-2001, 06:23 PM
Advanced

A few things to consider.

1 - Even though the Camaro is an '84 it will have a higher insurance premium than the Honda.

2 - How mature is your son at age 16? Can he handle a sports car responsibly?

3 - If the Camaro is over 100K miles and has not been overhauled, it may need it soon. It would be a bummer if the cars dies 3-6 months from now and then he's stuck with nothing or sharing with the big sis.

If it were me and my son was mature and I had the cash to fix it up a bit, then I'd give him the Camaro. But if my son wasn't responsible enough then I wouldn't. There's one thing I'm sure of, when he gets that Camaro and he's with friends, he's gonna gun it and possibly blow the lid off that 17 year old engine.

Good luck!

-- Gary

------------------
Black/Tan 2001 CL Type-S
No Mods yet but looking
Old 04-02-2001, 06:24 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Don't have children, but using my parents example, there's no way I'd get a new driver who just happens to be a teenager anything with alot of horsepower...like giving a recovering crackhead a rock...you KNOW he's going to do something stupid. Now, your kid may be very responsible, but I don't know a kid who would push the envelope...'SPECIALLY with a powerhouse car....just a very bad idea. Leave them both in the Accord...not as much fun to drive, but they'll be alive...

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 04-02-2001, 06:24 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buy him a nice Civic 95 or so, maybe some $5,000.

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards
- Winter mats
- Trunk liner
- Acura Spoiler
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI
Old 04-02-2001, 06:32 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

My parents gave me a 96 tacoma 4*4 for my first car. Since i am only 19, i think it was a great car. A truck is a total Guy thing.
positive
1. they are not that fast
2. If and when they get in an accident they wont get run over(i.e. civic)
3. Get a toyota if you want it to run well

Negative
1. Toyotas are a lot of $$$$$$$
2. if he doesnt be carefull he could rollover easy(depending on lift, tires and brand of truck)
3. Sux gas

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 04-02-2001, 06:39 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike:
I hope I don't offend you with this post...

When my son turns 16 he's getting a reliable car (civic) that doesn't have a hint of power. Why? I had a plymouth fury (mucho hp) when I was 16 and almost killed myself on more than one occasion because I had no business driving a car w/that much hp. Hopefully your son is more responsible than I was but kids will be kids. Can my kid get himself into trouble w/a car that doesn't have much power? Absolutely, but I'm hoping for the best.

</font>
My parents bought a brand new Civic for me when I turned 16. A month later, I had flipped it two and a half times. I was lucky to be alive. My friend on the other hand, had a new convertible camaro. He never wrecked it and he was just as immature as me. The difference? His parents told him he would have to pay for the insurance and that if he got one ticket (since he was on his parents insurance) the car would be taken away (and not replaced)until he was 18. That motherfucker drove that thing like he was an old woman. I would buy your kid the Camaro on those conditions. If your kid is a jackass and kills himself, so be it. Your daughter won't have to share the Accord. Also, Horsepower doesn't kill idiots, idiots kill idiots. And if idiots don't kill idiots, the the sudden stop at the end does. Just my two cents.

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-02-2001, 06:42 PM
ACME sucks!

I've had two Camaros, both were new when I bought them in '86 and '89. The '86 had a V6 and was peppy, but not a racer... an excellent car for a 16 year old (I was 19). I had the '89 for 9 years and the only problems I ever had with it were the t-tops. I sold it with 95k miles and it was still running great. It all depends on how well the car has been kept.

Personally, I agree with Mike (above). I wouldn't buy my son or daughter a powerful first car. After the age of 18, it would be up to them what they drive.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi
No Spoiler

Competch springs/35% tint/PIAA 19169 bulbs/K&N 33-2178 air filter

My Web Site
Old 04-02-2001, 06:43 PM
Instructor

Listen, even my niece wiped out here Accord on her first day driving.

Get your young one a SAFE and fun car to drive.

And do check with the insurance company for rates on various vehicles.

My niece may have totaled the Accord, but she walked away unhurt. That is a good thing to think about

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims

[This message has been edited by DrJeckle and Hyde (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 06:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Like Mike said... no offense intended...

No way in hell I would allow my son / daughter to get any car with a hint of power as their first car. Now, I don't have kids, heck, I won't even be married until next year, but based on what I've seen / experienced, my kids will be in a nice econo-box until they a) learn to drive safely and b) have money for their own car. Even then it will have to be a safe FWD car. I noticed under your name you live in Pennsylvania. Why would you offer an old RWD car to a kid in a state that gets a lot of snow? My best friend had an 87 Firebird in HS and he crashed it twice on wet pavement. I was with him once, and all we were doing was making a turn from a stop sign. We must have been going 2 MPH, but it was slick and we slid into a tree. Why would you want to do that? Get him an old Civic or Accord. Once he gets older, you can take it from there. I've been driving for a little over 8 years and to this day I would be afraid to get in a RWD car from Nov. - April. My first car was an 87 Mustang. First snow storm I got stuck driving in I almost killed myself about 5 times. Sold that car real fast and drove my parents old Chrysler wagon until summer, then bought my first new car (FWD or course)....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum

Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com

[This message has been edited by juniorbean (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 06:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you're son loves mid 80s Camaros, then perhaps you should think about spending that $1000 on THERAPY!!!!

... sorry... I know I'm not helping, but I just HAD to go there!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
PIAA 19169
Old 04-02-2001, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Thanks for all the help guys. I know a civic would be better, but even like a 1997 is 8,000 - 9,000. The only reason i'm considering it is that is is soo cheap. On the snow concern, all you have to do is put a 100 pound weight in the trunk and that does the trick in the camaro. I appriate your concerns. My son is a good boy, i think i can trust him. He does well in school. This is a tough decision to make.

Thanks again

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 07:00 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
If you're son loves mid 80s Camaros, then perhaps you should think about spending that $1000 on THERAPY!!!!

... sorry... I know I'm not helping, but I just HAD to go there!

</font>
Just kick you son's ass and save the $1000.
You have a 17 year old daughter? Care to post any pics?

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-02-2001, 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jpgolf14:
*(snip)*
On the snow concern, all you have to do is put a 100 pound weight in the trunk and that does the trick in the camaro.
*(snip)*
</font>

Doesn't always work. I had over 100 lbs in the trunk with snow tires on smaller rims and it still was all over the place. You don't have to necessarily (sp?) get a Honda. My fiance drove an old Camry almost into the ground before she bought her new one. I also like the older Caveliers as a first car. They're pretty reliable and safe. I'm sure he's a good kid and all, but being a good kid doesn't mean the car is safe....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum

Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 04-02-2001, 07:04 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phinthesky:

</font>
Sorry, no pics. Its not that he loves Camaros, he likes them for $1,000. Trust me i have convinced him that japanese cars are better. He likes civics. its just that 1,000 bucks is appealing to him, and not 16,000 for a new or 12,000 for a decent used civic.

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 07:22 PM
Suzuka Master

<--------20

I had gotten a legend as my first car and that car had wayy too much power for a first time driver. Didn't think that at first but now I do. Also I would never let my kids drive at night or on the weekend.
I would get him a safe car like a 4X4. My aunt let me drive her ford explorer and I gotten into an accident w/ that thing, and learned my lesson and didn't get hurt.
Or a car w/ no power and good realibablity like a civic or integra. Hell I know my buddies mom let my friend drive there lincoln towncar all throgh out high school. And when he got in to an accident. No probelm.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 04-02-2001, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Camaro will help teach him how to fix his own car.

Old 04-02-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro

I'll chime on this only because my first car is The S. I know a lot of kids like to push there cars wheel out do dounuts and wheel peoples yards keep in mind that this is a rich christian private school who's sophmore parking contain 2 TL's 1 CL-S BWM 325 318 323 and one other 5 accords 3 civics 1 celica gt 240 MB 320 MB a land crusier land rover and a range rover just for starters and this stuff still happens. How ever from what I've seen here ya'll aren't much better there are several people here who openly admit to going 120-145 NOW where in the states is that legal so what does it matter if a 16 yo or a 44 yo is at the wheel of a car going that fast if something fucks up they pretty much have the same chance of recovering from it prue chance. I'll admit a more eperianced driver might be able to avoid the problem before it starts. And then look at our racing forum. Your telling me that we young 'uns can do anything woarse? But yes I'll admit that I know may people both in private and public school who if they had a 260 hp car would be dead in a week airbags or not. So I'll also agree it depends on the kids after all all of us on this board like to gas it you just have to know when but there is less chance of him totally screwing up in a civic so if you have any doubt about his maturety or his abilty to control his impulses get him a car that will make that almost impossible like a civic.

Sorry for the rank but some times I just gotta vent

EDIT:
As for saftey Saturns are pretty good. . I know a kid at school got is a wreck with one the other week with 5 people in the car t-boned an explorer at 40 MPH wedged the nose under it flipped the explorer across the median and onto it's roof. Totaled the staurn but all 5 people in the saturn walked any with no injuries except a bug or bruise and maybe a sore joint.
------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~ Two Times Over

[This message has been edited by [DWI] (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 07:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS:
[B
I would get him a safe car like a 4X4. My aunt let me drive her ford explorer and I gotten into an accident w/ that thing, and learned my lesson and didn't get hurt.
[/B]</font>

Not tryin' to flame you NOVA, but 4X4's are anything but safe. You get a kid screwing around in one of those and you're about 100x likely to flip the thing due to the high center of gravity!

And plus, I think it's kind of funny that you mentioned safety and Ford Explorer in the same post. I take it your aunt's Explorer didn't have Firestones, eh?
Old 04-02-2001, 07:43 PM
ACME sucks!

Originally posted by phinthesky:

</font>
Sorry, no pics. Its not that he loves Camaros, he likes them for $1,000. Trust me i have convinced him that japanese cars are better. He likes civics. its just that 1,000 bucks is appealing to him, and not 16,000 for a new or 12,000 for a decent used civic.

Well, my kids certainly aren't going to get new cars! And, the only way they will get a used one before 18 is if they have a job and can afford the gas, maintenance and insurance. I got my first car at 18, after graduation (paid for it with my own $$$). I feel that waiting and spending my own cash made me more responsible with it. My second car was a new one.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi
No Spoiler

My Web Site
Old 04-02-2001, 07:48 PM
ACME sucks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [DWI]:
I'll chime on this only because my first car is The S. I know a lot of kids like to push there cars wheel out do dounuts and wheel peoples yards keep in mind that this is a rich christian private school who's sophmore parking contain 2 TL's 1 CL-S BWM 325 318 323 and one other 5 accords 3 civics 1 celica gt 240 MB 320 MB a land crusier land rover and a range rover just for starters and this stuff still happens. How ever from what I've seen here ya'll aren't much better there are several people here who openly admit to going 120-145 NOW where in the states is that legal so what does it matter if a 16 yo or a 44 yo is at the wheel of a car going that fast if something fucks up they pretty much have the same chance of recovering from it prue chance. I'll admit a more eperianced driver might be able to avoid the problem before it starts. And then look at our racing forum. Your telling me that we young 'uns can do anything woarse? But yes I'll admit that I know may people both in private and public school who if they had a 260 hp car would be dead in a week airbags or not. So I'll also agree it depends on the kids after all all of us on this board like to gas it you just have to know when but there is less chance of him totally screwing up in a civic so if you have any doubt about his maturety or his abilty to control his impulses get him a car that will make that almost impossible like a civic.

Sorry for the rank but some times I just gotta vent

EDIT:
As for saftey Saturns are pretty good. . I know a kid at school got is a wreck with one the other week with 5 people in the car t-boned an explorer at 40 MPH wedged the nose under it flipped the explorer across the median and onto it's roof. Totaled the staurn but all 5 people in the saturn walked any with no injuries except a bug or bruise and maybe a sore joint.
</font>
I agree with you to an extent. But, my feeling is that most of the members on this board, especially those posting racing stories, are between 17 and 22 years of age and still wet behind the ears.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi
No Spoiler

My Web Site
Old 04-02-2001, 07:50 PM
Instructor

I may be wrong -- but I think the poster is gone...

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 07:54 PM
Banned

I would have to agree with Mike, and that other guy.
Number one, kids and Camaros are pure death. Yes, not all Camaro owners drive like jerkoffs, but 90% of the kids do. Thats the way it is.
Number twom GM is not known for making the best cars. If its been driven all that time, its crap. I don't care how well ht took care of it.
My opinion? I thought you would never ask. My father believed the bigger the car the safer you are. I see too many Civics get T-boned by Town Cars. A good kid car? Ford Contour (Mystique) V6. Ford is the best of the domestics. Its not very fast, its not too expensive, and its practical. My first car was an '87 Legend 4dr. 160hp taught me to drive. ALso, my father got my brother a '93 Thunderbird LX when he turned 16. The Bird still runs, and it runs quite well. The paint on the doors black part is starting to come off, but we're going to use it as a beater soon. The engine is in great condition, its been checked out several times.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
"Too many news programs have become public relations friendly" -Bill Oreilly
"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives." - J. Michael Straczynski
Old 04-02-2001, 08:17 PM
Pro

Kids will be kids.. it all depends on the maturity level of your son at the age of 16.. and accidents do happen no matter how careful people drive sometimes. But I do not like the idea of driving a 17 year old car.. heck the car is even older than your kid.. the car probably has close to 200,000 miles at thispoint and if it has not sputtered out.. it will pretty soon.. a honda civic sounds right and will last a longer time than the camaro even though the camaro is 'only' $1000.. do not forget the maintenance cost of such an old car, it is a gas guzzler, and higher insurance premiums. so all-in-all the cost will be the same but the civic would give you (at least me) a better piece of mind =)

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
* no navi, spoiler, mudguards
* wheel locks, full front mask
* fenderwell and door trim
Old 04-02-2001, 08:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
you guys have to remember a 84 camaro is by no means a fast car. A civic and it will probally run head to head w/ each other. WHat i say you do is pick up the camaro, and as your son learns to drive it and gets the hang of driving fix it up and make it faster.
Old 04-02-2001, 08:39 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
and if you get him a civic, make sure it's some kind of hybrid

and i'm soooooooo glad none of you guys are my dad
Old 04-02-2001, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Scott, what are you going to do if/when you have a kid? Give him the keys to a hot rod and say, "be careful" or try and protect him as best you can? Give me an honest answer.

..just wait till you have kids of your own.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:

</font>

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 04-02-2001, 08:57 PM
Honkey

If my sister was given a 94 Accord and I was tossed an old camaro I'd have to be a little irritated. Of course, anything is nice...but I'd rather walk.

------------------
2001 CL-P, new project undergoing complete reconstruction. As of now: Custom CAI fabricated by SRD, Polarg M6 bulbs, 4 ProHopper Chrome hydraulic pumps with whammy tanks, 4 ProHopper dumps, 4 Optima marine deep-cycle batteries, 4 switches. Much much more to come...

1997 Accord coupe EX-L. Chrome suspension, Chrome motor, every bolt-on imaginable. One pump, 8 dump hydraulics with accumulators. Leather, Billet grills, 18" Neeper Shadows...etc..etc http://www.artofnoize.com/Cars/aaron.htm

1990 Toyota standard cab. Bodydropped 3". 17" KMC Nemesis', extensive suspension work. 4 wheel airbags.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:07 PM
Instructor

and if you get him a civic, make sure it's some kind of hybrid

</font>
Well...

If you ended up dead, then depending on your beliefs, you might just leave a bunch of very sad and distraught people.

Then, you can always consider the life with unending misery.

Think of living in a pain amplifier for the rest of your life. Some people, not only care about loosing people they care for, but actually TRY and do what they think best.

So, promise to think about what it might be like to loose both legs, have permanent nerve damage, and have your parents take care of you every day. Then think of the thought of your screams of agony as you wrestle with burning, numbing pain in your spinal canal. Oh, and the endless tests, like blowing up your disks, EMGs, nerve conduction studies, and spinal taps/CT-Milogram.

So, what if the parents have to mortgage the house, they were just being "unfair".

The doctor thinks that a "empathy experience clinic" would do wonders for the world. Just step in to fill another's shoes...

------------------

[This message has been edited by DrJeckle and Hyde (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 09:13 PM
teh Senior Instigator

oh no, theres no way i'd give him the keys to the hot rod. My son will know about his vehicle and it's ability's. He will also attend driving intruction school before he drives. However, i will not stick him w/ something slow and that has no potential. Sure it will be slow out of the box, but as he learns to drive i'll make sure he has something he can beef up and make quicker for when the time comes.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:26 PM
Racer

give the kid your cl-s you cheap bastard.

joking,

I would not let my son get a fast car as a FIRST car. And dont fall for the Responsible or NOT thing, thats B.S. Responsible people get in car accidents too.

Personally, I am 19, my first car was pretty fast, and i crashed it. I was considred to be responsible, and the infiniti oved, but it was a lux car, and wasnt really the kind of fast where you want to speed in.

At the age of 16 i told my dad i was gonna get myselft a 94 mustang gt, he didnt let me because it was too fast, and i agreed, i would expect my son to understand the same thing in the future.

Old 04-02-2001, 10:28 PM
Adult Supervision

However, i will not stick him w/ something slow and that has no potential.</font>
Like I told my Dad, I need the V8 to speed away from those dangerous situations!

(I got a 4 banger w/ a 2 barrel carb. )

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 04-02-2001, 10:33 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
Like I told my Dad, I need the V8 to speed away from those dangerous situations!

(I got a 4 banger w/ a 2 barrel carb. )

</font>
Old 04-02-2001, 10:33 PM
teh Senior Instigator

and by the way mikeS, whats a carb carbohydrates for cars or what
Old 04-02-2001, 10:39 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deadlyCL-S:
give the kid your cl-s you cheap bastard.

joking,

I would not let my son get a fast car as a FIRST car. And dont fall for the Responsible or NOT thing, thats B.S. Responsible people get in car accidents too.

Personally, I am 19, my first car was pretty fast, and i crashed it. I was considred to be responsible, and the infiniti oved, but it was a lux car, and wasnt really the kind of fast where you want to speed in.

At the age of 16 i told my dad i was gonna get myselft a 94 mustang gt, he didnt let me because it was too fast, and i agreed, i would expect my son to understand the same thing in the future.

</font>
Sure, responsible people get into accidents too but do you think that maybe, just maybe that an irresponsible teenager might have a greater chance getting into trouble?

------------------
Black/Tan 2001 CL Type-S
No Mods yet but looking
Old 04-02-2001, 11:07 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seglerg:
Sure, responsible people get into accidents too but do you think that maybe, just maybe that an irresponsible teenager might have a greater chance getting into trouble?

</font>
i agree 100%, the irresponsible one will get it much worse, much faster.

both ways your screwed, so give the guy a slow car thats nice.
Old 04-02-2001, 11:27 PM
Advanced

Once again thanx for the help.

Thanx for giving me a reality kick in the balls. I guess i was in a flashback of when i had a muscele car. I remember what is was like to drive a V8 muscele car. Probally most of you guys are too young for that type of stuff. I had a 442 when i was a kid. Luckly i was/am a good driver and have never been in an accident.

I'll keep your advice in mind, or maybe i will buy it for myself and fix it up real nice to go cruising around in.

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 11:32 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Once again thanx for the help.

Thanx for giving me a reality kick in the balls. I guess i was in a flashback of when i had a muscele car. I remember what is was like to drive a V8 muscele car. Probally most of you guys are too young for that type of stuff. I had a 442 when i was a kid. Luckly i was/am a good driver and have never been in an accident.

I'll keep your advice in mind, or maybe i will buy it for myself and fix it up real nice to go cruising around in.

</font>

i say buy him a 442, why should he be any different then you?????????

Quick Reply: For my son?